• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Honestly, Koharu is really boring to me. If they are going for a female companion, then bring the most popular ones like Dawn or Serena.

How is she boring? If you said Go, I'd agree. He is boring It's nice they aren't pushing her development immediately out of the way like they did with Lillie, though it could be more occurant than what it currently is...
We'll likely see Dawn this saga anyways and I honestly can't wait. It'll be so refreshing, not to mention hilarious, to see her return before Iris and Serena lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
aipomadvanceshipper said:
Do you think after go resolves everything with raboot he will start having a full team and battling

I think he might battle more, but mostly against the Rocket-dan and other minor opponents. I don't see him changing his goal and deciding to battle more competitively, though.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Prof. Willow could appear in the last episode of the series and hire Go to work as his assistant and write him off the show that way

I like that idea... And they can make him someone from the Sevii Islands... LOL...

I don't think Professor Willow will show up but Professor Magnolia should. Once Sonia appears I bet Magnolia will get a cameo at the very least.

Prof. Magnolia already appeared in a TV show... For sure she will appear soon since majority of the game characters shown in this series are the main NPCs from SwSh...

The idiots with the dumb hairdos are probably going to get the same treatment Emma, Zinnia, and Anabel got. Nothing

As for Willow, no thanks. The new Rocket members would be cool though

I wonder what happened to Cassidy and Butch...

I have some doubts about some of those characters appearing, and the only ones that I think have a solid chance of appearing are Rose and Olive. On that note, I remember some people speculating that Gou was Rose's son before we saw his family a few episodes ago. I sort of wish that the theories had come true.

Should Rose appear, I wonder if they'll show his "evil" side in the anime as it is in the games... And oh, I have a feeling that should he appear, he will also be the chair for the PWC aside from the Galar League...

Team Yell was pitiful in the games so I would be totally okay if they don't appear. Squidward and Shielbert have cool character designs so they had better appear in future Galarian episodes.

Can be another Team Skull... They made Guzma a strong trainer in the anime... Piers is more believable to be made as a strong trainer in the anime, given Raihan being one of the best trainers in the PWC... Same with Marnie...

But is Yell even criminals? They are just a bunch of punks who are rooting for someone from their town and being a bit exagerated about it.

It's almost like saying Gary's cheerleaders were criminals :p

Not really... Even Team Skull was not portrayed as criminals in Alola...

As long as they don't focus mainly in Galar Region, forget about it.

Aside from Kanto, this series seems to pander Galar as well...

Both go and ash’s personality is developing

I really hope they'll show development from Prof. Sakuragi and Koharu as well, especially the former... We have yet to see an episode focused on him...

I think that some more old characters will appear if they're popular enough with fans.

Expect other champs like Cynthia and Steven...

I think if there's one surprising Character it should be Brandon with a full regi team.

That would be cool... He might deal Ash's first loss in another Class?

If Ash catches an electric type, would you rather it be Toxtricity or Zeraora?

Toxtricity would be fine...

Rotom.

He now has a second Rotom in Pokedex form that he should catch the one in his phone and occasionally use it in battle.

Showing a non-battle Rotom form in a battle would be cool...

Do you think after go resolves everything with raboot he will start having a full team and battling

He might start soon... But there has to be a solid reason, it's quite unconvincing for him to be battle-interested all of a sudden... From what I see, he doesn't seem to understand that he needs to battle Mew in order to capture it...

The way things are going with PWC I think once in a while we will a new trainer challenging Leon. We already have three trainers in the Top 8 that aren't anime exclusive. As new trainers challenge Leon the Top 8 will get filled with known characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these trainers is Paul. It is possible with how the series is going plus I want to see how much his character has changed/developed.

Mythical-Moonlight

JN give me a Lucario/Cinderace/Inteleon episode!
Is it wrong to want to see Zinnia and Anabel over Brock and Misty?

Anabel would be really interesting considering that she has a whole new drastic redesign and role as of Gen 7.

She's no longer a Frontier Brain but instead working alongside Looker and has no recollection of her past. (She also seems a bit older now too)

If she shows up in the anime again, I wonder if they will even acknowledge that?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anabel would be really interesting considering that she has a whole new drastic redesign and role as of Gen 7.

She's no longer a Frontier Brain but instead working alongside Looker and has no recollection of her past. (She also seems a bit older now too)

If she shows up in the anime again, I wonder if they will even acknowledge that?
Ash and Gou get transported to an AU Alola. Maybe the world where the guy with Zeraora was could work

Bortgreen

UP NEXT: A Hangry Return
I figure that Jindai appearing would be very likely given those new Regi Pokemon that will be included in the Shield and Sword expansion pack. Even though he no longer owns members of the Regi trio, I still think he might appear to investigate the new Regi Pokemon.
Also Battle Frontier was already mentioned in the new series, even if not the Kanto one

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Also Battle Frontier was already mentioned in the new series, even if not the Kanto one
Was it? I just know a small tournament with the term was used.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The tournament took place at the Battle Frontier in Hoenn.
But it didn't it was simply using the name two seperate things

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
But Anabel is a frontier brain in Hoenn. Even if they established the BF being in Kanto, in the games it's in Hoenn. Or am I wrong?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:

Yes, although I personally don't think that he'll appear at the Battle Frontier if he returns, mainly because I don't think that Satoshi and Gou will go back there. I was thinking that he might show up in a Galar themed episode.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
But Anabel is a frontier brain in Hoenn. Even if they established the BF being in Kanto, in the games it's in Hoenn. Or am I wrong?

Yeah Anabel is a Frontier Brain but it's not like she has a big chance of coming back. If she didn't return in SuMo I don't think she's coming back now.

ShadowForce720

Yeah Anabel is a Frontier Brain but it's not like she has a big chance of coming back. If she didn't return in SuMo I don't think she's coming back now.

I really don’t think that just because Anabel didn’t come back during SuMo that it somehow means she won’t return during this series.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that she will return, but at the end of the day we don’t know for sure which characters will return and which ones won’t. I mean heck it wasn’t that long ago that some people thought for sure that there would be no post OS characters returning and yet next thing we know we get confirmation that Korrina is returning.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:

I agree that Lila likely won't appear. And frankly, I never liked her telepathy powers since they were too convenient and it felt like cheating for her to be able to command her Pokemon with her thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.