• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's probably a shot in the dark, but I'd like if Koharu is given a Gliger at some point to match the scorpion tail design of her hair, although frankly I never considered it to be that shape until recently when people started pointing it out.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Why do people hate her design so much? This is the 2nd or 3rd comment I've read about people not liking her hair and I'm just sitting here scratching my head because I think her ponytail is cute.
I have not against her hair, actually, I like it. But I prefer her with her, beautiful and curly, hair down.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

BobbbidyBob

How are koharu and lillie similar. Koharu is not afraid of pokemon. Lillie had deep trauma from being attacked while koharu just doesnt like being associsted with them.
I meant the type of arc is similar, thank goodness it’s not exactly the same XD both characters have issues with pokemon but in the end they warm up to them and even become trainers, unless Koharu in the end ends up becoming .....a dentist or something XD i don’t know i just really liked that she was a normal person who didn’t give a dung about pokemon in the beginning and had nothing to do with them

Leonhart

Imagineer
BobbbidyBob said:
I thought she was really interesting at first, but they decided to go with the predictable path for her...so not so interesting anymore in my opinion. It’s like she is a Lillie No.2
I suppose I can see some similarities between them in the sense that they both had slow starts. But to me it was more frustrating waiting for Lilie to get more focus in early SM because she was part of the main cast, whereas Koharu's a supporting character and therefore less important.

Ignition

Love when the mods can’t do their jobs properly
Anybody else thinks Cinderace’s personality goes more with Ash and Lucario’s more serious demeanor with Goh? I honestly think Cinderace and Ash together could start such a fire it would be awesome XD
Yeah even before we knew anything about the series, I thought it was weird that arguably the most Ash like Pokémon didn’t go to him.

Applecorp

I meant the type of arc is similar, thank goodness it’s not exactly the same XD both characters have issues with pokemon but in the end they warm up to them and even become trainers, unless Koharu in the end ends up becoming .....a dentist or something XD i don’t know i just really liked that she was a normal person who didn’t give a dung about pokemon in the beginning and had nothing to do with them
I think Chloe working with Pokemon as part of her end goal or career when she grows up sounds predictable as hell. I know the anime operates that way 99% of the time but I don't know. I think I'd rather she got a real life job and not become Pokemon trainer #964821753.

BobbbidyBob

I think Chloe working with Pokemon as part of her end goal or career when she grows up sounds predictable as hell. I know the anime operates that way 99% of the time but I don't know. I think I'd rather she got a real life job and not become Pokemon trainer #964821753.
Exactly my dude, exactly......

BobbbidyBob

Yeah even before we knew anything about the series, I thought it was weird that arguably the most Ash like Pokémon didn’t go to him.
Cinderace is Ash’s spirit animal.
I also miss Scorbunny.....I grew fond of it at the beginning of the series and was really sad when it evolved since it didn’t get so much screentime, but now i am hyped to get to know Cinderace

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Cinderace is Ash’s spirit animal.
I also miss Scorbunny.....I grew fond of it at the beginning of the series and was really sad when it evolved since it didn’t get so much screentime, but now i am hyped to get to know Cinderace
It sure would have been nice for the Fire starter to get it's turn at being his only starter though, considering Sceptile and Greninja had a turn for their respective typings

Then Sobble possibly wouldn't have had the worst capture of the entire series

Mythical-Moonlight

It sure would have been nice for the Fire starter to get it's turn at being his only starter though, considering Sceptile and Greninja had a turn for their respective typings

Then Sobble possibly wouldn't have had the worst capture of the entire series
Nah Fire Starters get enough special treatment as is. Ash doesn't need a solo fire starter now or any other time ever

And I don't know how Sobble had the worst capture in the entire series when the way Misty obtained Togepi and especially Psyduck were MUCH worse.
(At least Goh actually wanted Sobble. Misty got stuck with a Pokemon she was actively trying to avoid completely on accident.)

And we can't forget about Ash's 30 Tauros!

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Nah Fire Starters get enough special treatment as is. Ash doesn't need a solo fire starter now or any other time ever

And I don't know how Sobble had the worst capture in the entire series when the way Misty obtained Togepi and especially Psyduck were MUCH worse.
(At least Goh actually wanted Sobble. Misty got stuck with a Pokemon she was actively trying to avoid completely on accident.)

And we can't forget about Ash's 30 Tauros!
I don't even remember how they were caught in the first place. How can you forget something which you don't even remember??

Ultra Beast Lover

I don't even remember how they were caught in the first place. How can you forget something which you don't even remember??
That's ok, they don't really matter. Except for Tauros 4, Tauros 4 was a real beast back in the day