• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

DuskAstral

Neither was Ash in JN32. Not being in the preview doesn't mean they can't be the main character.
He wasn't there because it was a flashback episode, so those don't count. In my opinion, if Koharu will not go on every trip with the boys from now on, then her status as a supporting character has not changed.

Lacuna

Goodnight
I wonder if we gonna have an episode about the characters having to take pictures of some pokémon, to promote the New Pokémon Snap game
Don't they already take pictures of Pokémon for their research fellow work? It wouldn't be much different than that, lol. =P

It's too bad that New Pokémon Snap seems to be completely unrelated to the first one, otherwise I'd say we might get a cameo from Todd again... I won't give up hope!!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not saying he'll come back, but it doesn't really matter which character they use to take pictures of Pokemon. He'd promote the new game as much as any anime original character would..
I think that they'll bring in the new protagonist if they are going to promote the new game.

Decidueye23

Well apparently the professor has an assistant who helps ypu out and stuff so she could be the one who debuts in the anime. And todd snap could come back too. Not every returning character is actually promoting soemthing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well apparently the professor has an assistant who helps ypu out and stuff so she could be the one who debuts in the anime. And todd snap could come back too. Not every returning character is actually promoting soemthing.
In most cases they are promoting something, which is Pokemon Masters. This is why only characters with a counterpart in the games have come back.

Decidueye23

In most cases they are promoting something, which is Pokemon Masters. This is why only characters with a counterpart in the games have come back.
Ummmm sorry i dont understand. The anime has got literally nothing to do with masters. And masters pretty much has almost all characters so it really doesnt make sense saying only characters in masters have come back

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ummmm sorry i dont understand. The anime has got literally nothing to do with masters. And masters pretty much has almost all characters so it really doesnt make sense saying only characters in masters have come back
So far, absolutely no anime-original characters have come back. It's possible that Masters has a part to play in this, especially that the anime is now promoting the franchise as a whole rather than just the newest generation.

Decidueye23

So far, absolutely no anime-original characters have come back. It's possible that Masters has a part to play in this, especially that the anime is now promoting the franchise as a whole rather than just the newest generation.
Well honestly i dont think thats the case. Thet could just as well bring back an anime original character. I dont think they would say oh this person is not in masters so lets not bring them back. As you said its promoting the franchise as a whole and the anime is a part of the franchise as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
I wonder if we gonna have an episode about the characters having to take pictures of some pokémon, to promote the New Pokémon Snap game
I actually doubt that the anime will promote it since the hype for that game seems to be rather lacking in general. Not to mention that they still haven't directly promoted the two Shield and Sword DLC packages. So I find it unlikely that they'll promote the new Snap game.

Dragonsoldier77

Well i wasn’t wrong that they were just gonna randomly push ash’s ranking up a lot. Now i’m starting to think wikstrom really might be a PWC match and that they’ll just dump ash in hyper class the next time we see him.