• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you think the writers for the anime read the forums for any sort of feedback etc. The chances of that are the same as me being able to permanently commit to a relationship or being able to not pay taxes: Zero.

Even more so with a foreign forum with people who aren’t their target audience.

charinija

You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you are talking strictly about things you cannot prove.

We shouldn't say very certain things about writers.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you are talking strictly about things you cannot prove.

We shouldn't say very certain things about writers.
What’s there to prove when it’s extremely obvious. Pokemon is a Japanese franchise and the anime is made by Japanese writers who don’t care what others think unless it was extraordinarily bad like Ash’s Kalos League loss where the backlash in their home soil was extremely bad which was the factor here and not Western reactions. Does it look like they give a damn about what the Western fandom especially the English speaking world would say or think?? No. This is not an alternative universe. This is reality.

charinija

What’s there to prove when it’s extremely obvious. Pokemon is a Japanese franchise and the anime is made by Japanese writers who don’t care what others think unless it was extraordinarily bad like Ash’s Kalos League loss where the backlash in their home soil was extremely bad which was the factor here and not Western reactions. Does it look like they give a damn about what the Western fandom especially the English speaking world would say or think?? No. This is not an alternative universe.

Anyone who lives in the west will not know. English is the World Language and no one remains. I cannot say that none of the authors know or do not know, I do not comment on topics I do not know. Ash Kalos has lost his league. Maybe he won Alola upon the reactions. Maybe Alola and Kalos have something to do with it. Maybe not. I don't know how it is in Japan. Even if I live in Japan, I might not know.

DuskAstral

Goh had to be the supporting character. Not the main character.
Whether you like it or not, Gou is a co-protagonist and you can't help it. I don't like a few things either, but I accept them calmly.
If Gou is such a big problem for you, then you can give up watching this series instead of torturing yourself unnecessarily.

Last edited:

charinija

Whether you like it or not, Gou is a co-protagonist and you can't help it. I don't like a few things either, but I accept them calmly.
If Gou is such a big deal for you, then you can give up watching this series instead of torturing yourself unnecessarily.
It is also a solution. Maybe it's the last season of Ash.

We leave with Ash.

I'll watch if Ash continues.

BobbbidyBob

I think it would be more enjoyable to watch Ash and Goh together if we got to see more episodes focused on their friendship-development specifically. Otherwise it’s just an empty friendship that it’s hard to care about.

SerenaRulez

He was always ahead of Dawn. It was not put in the background.
Ash was put in the background of alot of Dawn's episodes though I remember that during most of her contests Ash did things on his own like training but we only got small glimpses of that.

Dawn's contest episodes focused on her and her rivals almost exclusively and I feel that the same is happening in this series except with Goh.

DuskAstral

And ash will never win a league, amirite?
Winning the league is one thing, the return of a released Pokémon is another. As far as I know, the released Pokémon no longer return, so there is no chance for Pidgeot to return.
Only reserves and Pokémon in training can return.

DuskAstral

And ash had never won a league before SM. Literally anything is possible.
Someone forgot about the Orange League.
And no, not everything is possible. In my opinion, the return of the released Pokémon is not real. Not only is there no need to return them, and there have been many occasions for Pidgeot, for example, to come back, but it never happened.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Legends Arceus shall be a masterpiece
Let's see... How well-received would Gary Episode and Iris Episode separately?
I mean look at how well-received Ash and Goh meeting Alola Gang again is.
Ikr! I'm surprised how majorly loved it was, even some people who hated SM seemed to enjoy it as a nice callback. I think the reason it was so well received is because they kept the theme of SM! All the alolan callbacks, references, music etc. Really made it feel like a proper crossover, esp the fact that it seemed like Ash kept in proper contact with all his friends. Thats what I hope for Iris and Gary too, that their episodes are tied to those characters journeys and development uptil the point, not just an episode where they appear and battle and do nothing else, but an episode which actually calls back to their journeys and shows how they are moving forward
Kanto : pidgeot
Johto : noctowl
Hoenn : swellow
Sinnoh : staraptor
Unova : unfezant
Kalos : talonflame
Alola : no one
Why you gotta disrespect my boi rowlet like that :p

Really though, all I'd like is for totodile, snivy and gible to return because they need more development and evolutions, they weren't developed enough to never be seen again

Status
Not open for further replies.