• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

KenzeyEevee

I want to scream and shout and let it all out
So Iris will return anyway later on, but what would be a good plot?

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Iris will return anyway later on, but what would be a good plot?
Frankly, I don't think her return episode will have a distinct subplot. I'm sure that her episode will be filled with Isshu region nostalgia, but aside from her presumable battle with Satoshi, I'm not expecting much. At least there seems to be a chance that her Kibago evolved given all the recent Ononokus merchandise.

AsH KetcHHup

Frankly, I don't think her return episode will have a distinct subplot. I'm sure that her episode will be filled with Isshu region nostalgia, but aside from her presumable battle with Satoshi, I'm not expecting much. At least there seems to be a chance that her Kibago evolved given all the recent Ononokus merchandise.
This is what I thought as well but weren't there scans confirming Iris wanted to battle Ash?

Ultra Beast Lover

Eh, considering that they’re doing whatever whenever and wherever now, them going to a random contest really isn’t out of the question.
At least with that Ash can see one of his old friends on TV doing a big contest and be like, "Hey, it's been a while, let's go surprise them."

Morax

Eh, considering that they’re doing whatever whenever and wherever now, them going to a random contest really isn’t out of the question.
Why would they go to a random contest and meet serena out of the blue? That would be bad writing if anything. Things shouldn't happen "just because".

Dragonsoldier77

Why would they go to a random contest and meet serena out of the blue? That would be bad writing if anything. Things shouldn't happen "just because".
One of the contestant’s pokemon can be kikuna’s next furry crush or something. It’s not like they haven’t done a bunch of things out of nowhere this series.

Little brothers friend get bullied -> go to some contest in hoenn

Kikuna wants to see her furry crush -> everybody goes to an eating contest

The boys watch tv and koharu has a project -> pewter museum for fossil adventure

They really don’t need much insensitive to do anything in this series.

Dragonsoldier77

And that's still bad writing. Is it wrong to expect this anime to be less random and more consistent for once?

Pretty much everything in this series is random though? With the lack of clear goal for their travels as result of the previous series badge quest, it’s all been whatever it is the episode wants, it happens.

If you want some underlaying purpose to it though, koharu also provide an easy out for it.

Let the girl whose whole deal is not liking people assuming her dream is to be like her parent, talk to the girl who choose to follow their parent’s footstep (dawn) and/or the girl who was forced to follow her parent’s footsteps until she found her own dream (serena). So it wouldn’t need to be just for the sake of fanservice appearance.

Morax

Let the girl whose whole deal is not liking people assuming her dream is to be like her parent, talk to the girl who choose to follow their parent’s footstep (dawn) and/or the girl who was forced to follow her parent’s footsteps until she found her own dream (serena). So it wouldn’t need to be just for the sake of fanservice appearance.
That sounds way too good for journeys but i hope that happens. Just don't let ash or gou be a part of that episode, let koharu and serena meet unaware of their connection to ash ( kind of like brock and cilan )

BobbbidyBob

I hope Ash wins against Iris, he has been losing for 20 years, now as a revenge I want him to WIN WIN WIN! At least until the Master class....