• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
1,2,3 with Rika Matsumoto and Daiki Yamashita please
Everything points to it happening. Specially considering the current format of the song.

It's not even an "would this happen?" and more of a "when is it happening?"

I just hope for a Goh-focused ending sang by Daiki Yamashita just so Goh could have his own song.

BobbbidyBob

Doofus incoming: Totally unrelated but Allister listens to twenty one pilots, like look at his face. Headcanon accepted or what

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Anybody else finds it hilarious how the rocket trio are Ash’s most loyal “companions”? They have been devoted to him since day 1.

Loyal? It can be said that they are his biggest fandom, let it be known that most of ash's pokemon have evolved directly or indirectly due to TR, he should be thanking them for that.

nuzamaki90

We didn’t see any Team Rocket in the trailer which is sad, seems like they aren’t involved in the Project Mew arc

also the press release didn’t really go over much about the new characters besides them being on the same team. Tsurugi has a Urshifu but this is in the Crown Tundra so I guess he’s going to bring up the Isle of Armor which will appear at a later time

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
No Tracey, eh? I guess anime-exclusive characters from previous series won't be shown... So no Max, Ritchie, Paul, Trip and Alain as well it seems...

But hey, since Infernape returned, I guess a Flint rematch is still possible...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No Tracey, eh? I guess anime-exclusive characters from previous series won't be shown... So no Max, Ritchie, Paul, Trip and Alain as well it seems...

But hey, since Infernape returned, I guess a Flint rematch is still possible..
Paul stands the most likely chance of returning given how significant he was in Ash's journey. Paul is still adventuring out there somewhere, I would like it if Ash meets the guy somewhere that Paul hasn't been yet like Kalos rather than 'Dododo, hey Sinnoh! Oh look Paul's here, hi Paul! :D"

Max, well if we don't get May he likely ain't showing(Nor should he if she doesn't. That'd just be insulting to us May fans....)
Trip, I try and be fair to the guy but unless he's facing Alder why does he need to return? At least Alain would wrap up Greninja's arc like it should have been
Ritchie, I like but.... he's literally just a reskin of Ash, Pokemon and all! He's not necessary and any battle against Ash would just be boring. Oh look a Pikachu, hey Ritchie has a green Barney! Ritchie works best in specials where he can be his own person instead of an Ash clone