• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Leonhart

Imagineer
Watch Koharu's goal be a photographer (not that this is bad tho, It could be really nice)
That sounds like a very bland goal for her from my viewpoint. To begin with I don't think that the new Snap game will require heavy promotion anyway, but even if the writers do choose to promote the game soon, they could do so by bringing Toru back rather than having Koharu take on photography. I would still rather see her do something that involves battling rather than a passive goal, in any case.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
That sounds like a very bland goal for her from my viewpoint. To begin with I don't think that the new Snap game will require heavy promotion anyway, but even if the writers do choose to promote the game soon, they could do so by bringing Toru back rather than having Koharu take on photography. I would still rather see her do something that involves battling rather than a passive goal, in any case.
I would like if Koharu's goal involved battling too (in the beginning of the anime I speculated that Koharu would battle and get non- "girly and cute" pokémon, like G. Zigzagoon that would evolve all the way to Obstagoon, but then the exact opposite happened and she got Eevee)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Lol sounds very boring goal... but after getting a goal of making a big bobble I wouldnt be surprised.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Photography would be a good goal for Chloe. It would allow her to be a catalyst for some of the boys travels, which would be nice character progression given her attitude from the start of the series.
The idea of her tagging along just to take photos of Pokemon sounds too mundane for her. She's joined them on adventures for other reasons anyway, so I'm not convinced that she needs to take an interest in photography specifically just to give her an excuse to be more involved.

Ace-Barn

#B.B.Tokio&Nickit
I almost feel like we need a thread specifically for speculating what direction the show may take Koharu in. Right now it almost feels like she is merely being used to spotlight Fem Eevee and probably later Gmax Eevee, though despite the underwhelming plot use I have enjoyed her character writing.

She's stuck in school but can leave anytime.

Opal was approving of her like she is of Bede in the games.

Koharu had the weird vision of G-Ponyta, befriended it, G-Rapidash and Impidimp, but didn't catch any of them. Yamper has also been heavily sidelined.

Her hair is her biggest character quirk, which is reminiscent of G-Ponyta, not to mention the Impidimp and Hatenna lines are all about hair. She almost feels crafted for the Galar fairies.

Though with the dual protagonist marketing of the show and how the story has played out I don't see her traveling with the boys more frequently in the near future. I don't think she needs more pokemon unless they want to give her more screentime and plotlines.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
They might be planning a galarian star tournament arc to feature all major galar characters, plus we have Twilight Wings so neither of them are in the never animated jail. Im sure we will atleast see all the gym leaders, Peony and Peonia and Hop, Marnie and Bede are doubtful

If you think about it a lot of Galar Pokémon could debut along with their respective Gym leaders if the anime decides to do an adaptation of Galarian Star tournament.

Last edited:

Decidueye23

If you think about it a lot of Galar Pokémon could debut along with their respective Gym leaders if the anime decides to do an adaptation of Galarian Star tournament.
I hope that is a long arc. I really want to see Ash interact with all the GLs. Plus Galar Gym Leaders have excellent designs. Cant wait to see them

BobbbidyBob

I would honestly like to see somebody in the anime who doesn’t care about having goals or dreams, someone that clashes with....almost anyone in this tv show

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would honestly like to see somebody in the anime who doesn’t care about having goals or dreams, someone that clashes with....almost anyone in this tv show
Koharu is still in that category isn't she? Outside of school she doesn't have much else going on, and for all we know she might never settle for any particular goal.

DannyDiglett

In terms of character appearances I just thought there are still Elite Four members who have not made their anime debut. The PWC would be a great opportunity for that:
  • Johto: Will, Karen
  • Hoenn: Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia
  • Unova: Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley
  • Kalos: Drasna
Ash never met Siebold so actually you could include him as well. There are also gym leaders Ash never battled:
  • Kanto: Janine could be the new gym leader of Fuchsia City's gym while her father Koga has become a member of the Elite Four. She hasn't had her debut either.
  • Hoenn: Wallace is a top coordinator and former champion of Hoenn. I don't know how the writers would handle him in case of a return.
  • Unova: Marlon battled Cameron instead because Ash already had 8 gym badges. A battle against Marlon would be a nice way to give Dracovish more experience. I don't know what Drayden's position is right now. We're going to see Iris battling Ash in the next episode. Is she the new gym leader of Opelucid City's gym?
I think a reappearance of Sabrina with Mega Alakazam and Erika with her newly evolved Tangrowth would be nice too. Ash could battle them again but this time by winning it fair and square. He's already stationed in Kanto anyway.

Last edited: