• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaSceptile

Ash's PWC opponents:

h4x96ncm4ux61.jpg
I can't believe Pegasus was able to reach the Hyper Class with a Toon deck

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
It could be a Clefairy or a Vulpix too. They all have similar shapes for the top of their heads.
Lillie owns an Alolan Vulpix so she's one possibility.
And maybe the scrapped female trainer from red/green since I think she could have any of those Pokemon.
I was assuming it was just the mic Jigglypuff returning and for whatever reason, they decided to throw it in the teaser.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Considering how Iwane did fanart of some old CotD's, I'd assume his remark was about all those non-game characters he had fun drawing but won't be used duo being irrelevant.

There's times the internet irritates me but there are those times where I remember why I love it.

Brilliant!

Psajdak

I think long haired character on that picture is Serena who let her hair grow down, and then visited hairstylist.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can people give me rundown of who owns a Jigglypuff in the Anime/Games? Maybe we can find it out, if not then it's just a new character.
Basically just Whitney in HGSS(I checked Valerie to confirm and wow... I forgot that XY games only gave gym leaders two Pokemon. How pathetic)

Mic Jigglypuff was really the only Jigglypuff apart from Pokelantis Jigglypuff for years. I'm still frustrated over the decision to bring her back, they aren't even using her...

I guess they could give Green one if she actually does show, since it'd be obvious she'd have Venusaur due to Gary and Ash/Leon owning Blastoise and Charizard. She'd need a walking mon due to Venusaur being too big and awkward for that, sort of like how Blastoise is Gary's strongest but we see Umbreon more as he's smaller

Rune Knight

Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this, however it is character related and has the potential to play out later in the series.

Would you consider Goh as Ash's best human friend?

A lot of people would probably say Brock, but I see him as more of an older brotherly figure to Ash.

In a way, Ash and Goh's relationship reminds me a lot of Gon and Killua's from HxH. They're both the same age. One's rash, the other one's calm and collected. They have different goals but share ambition as well as a love for pokémon, and get along so well. I feel like they're meant to learn from one another.

ImBeVillain

GhostPlayer
Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this, however it is character related and has the potential to play out later in the series.

A lot of people would probably say Brock, but I see him as more of an older brotherly figure to Ash.

In a way, Ash and Goh's relationship reminds me a lot of Gon and Killua's from HxH. They're both the same age. One's rash, the other one's calm and collected. They have different goals but share ambition as well as a love for pokémon, and get along so well. I feel like they're meant to learn from one another.
One day we will get one episode where Ash will try to catch a pokemon and Goh will try his strength in the fight, even with one gym leader (better if it's Brock/Misty).

One day, Goh and Ash will work together for make dreams come true - Goh giving his pokemon to Ash to fight the PWC, Ash training Goh's pokemon.
Such little exchanges.

Rune Knight

One day we will get one episode where Ash will try to catch a pokemon and Goh will try his strength in the fight, even with one gym leader (better if it's Brock/Misty).

One day, Goh and Ash will work together for make dreams come true - Goh giving his pokemon to Ash to fight the PWC, Ash training Goh's pokemon.
Such little exchanges.
Personally, I'd like Goh to stick around after Journeys, but I could see him leaving and deciding to challenge the Kanto League while Ash's goal could shift to something that has to do with catching Pokémon since being a Pokémon Master means more than just being the strongest trainer in the World.

dman_dustin

Absolutely.

I may dislike Go or rather the favortism towards him.

But i cannot deny that Go has the best, friend interactions with Ash. They do complement each other more than any other paring but that could be because its a duo team this gen vs a trio or more but they definitely have figured out the chemistry between Ash and Go better than past companions.

Status
Not open for further replies.