• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirliaToon50

Snivy and Daiyousei are best things happened to me
Something that I haven’t seen brought up: the amount of clickbait relating to a Serena return. And people obsessed over her unhealthfuly (not me). Extremists are bad.
If Serena returned, how many views would Pokemon viewers seen the Hypothetical Serena Episode, I'm betting it will be for one episode only.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
The problem with Journeys and Ash, as I already stated in other threads, is that the narrative does not give him much to work with. At least with catching sprees, we have a pokedex where we can track the progress (how the progress is made is also a major point of contention). For Ash, we do not have a way to measure progress. Numbers without context are worthless in both industry and academia. This storytelling industry is no exception. With the games, we have a level curve to give us context on the progress. For this World Championship, we don't have that.

Ash's character is still mostly intact. The biggest hangover from Alola is that the humor surrounding him. Humor in past series has not been as touch-based as it was in SM and JN.
One of the few best things about JN is the smooth transition from SM.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Something that I haven’t seen brought up: the amount of clickbait relating to a Serena return. And people obsessed over her unhealthfuly (not me). Extremists are bad.
Mainly because there's rather popular artist drawing her in the style of JN ...

Also, clickbait is clickbait. Easy money for conspiracy theorists and not the fun kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.