• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konja7

They seem to want Ash and Go represent different aspects of the Pokemon franchise.

A magazine said Ash/Satoshi is all about the "Battle", while Go is more sbout trying to "Get" as many Pokemon as he can.

They also really want to give Go importance for the story. In the first episode (about Pikachu's past), Ash and Go will appear as little kids.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They seem to want Ash and Go represent different aspects of the Pokemon franchise.

A magazine said Ash/Satoshi is all about the "Battle", while Go is more sbout trying to "Get" as many Pokemon as he can.

They also really want to give Go importance for the story. In the first episode (about Pikachu's past), Ash and Go will appear as little kids.
Looks like Ash isn't getting a lot of Pokemon.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Looks like Ash isn't getting a lot of Pokemon.

He HAS to. I mean, even if Battles is Ash's thing, there are several old Pokemon he could capture (or maybe "recapture" if he meets old Pokemon like Pidgeot and Lapras) and he still have to capture a whole team from Galar. And Go definitely need to train his Pokemon through battles if he wants to capture all Pokemon, as some of them are really strong in the wild.

Noy

Well hopefully Marnie will be one of Ash's rivals. She's too good of a concept to be not used.

But that probably won't happen because of that whole world travel thing *sigh*
Actually that might not be the case. Technically, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing a "World Tour" like Ash and Go. Also Marnie has "Stans" following her everywhere, so they really could introduce both early on and and have reappearances throughout the series. Would actually make sense since bands would do world tours and have their Stans follow them around as well.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Ash will get at least 5 Pokemon, so he will have full team in the end despite Pokemon leaves( it will come back for something). Go will probably have full team aswell.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Moving on I hope they at least allow Koharu to travel with them sometimes but I’m afraid her being a student is going to be a “good” excuse why she can’t join. Side bar am I the only weirded out how some ten year olds go to school in this series and others don’t?

I like that we see that every kid isn't a trainer or has no interest in using pokemon.

I feel like, between the fact that we only have two leads, the fact that they're going to be visiting every region, and the fact that the staff said they wanted this to be a series that could be enjoyed by old and new fans alike... they kinda have to bring back old main characters? At the very least it would be, like, the biggest missed opportunity ever if they didn't. I guess the first episode will already be a good indicator though; Will Serena be there? I feel like she really should be there.

Why does it have to be Serena of all people? I was hoping they would run into new characters for Go's sake not so much Ash's.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Why does it have to be Serena of all people? I was hoping they would run into new characters for Go's sake not so much Ash's.
Because the first episode seems like it will be going back to a time and place we know she was present at? I mean it could be a different camp, sure, but this seems like a cameo opportunity that's so obvious that it should write itself.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like that we see that every kid isn't a trainer or has no interest in using pokemon.

It's a harmless cameo. Not like she'd be shoehorned in

Seeing a younger Ash, Gary, and Serena in the background of the camp would be awesome. Especially if they also threw Leaf into the background too

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Seeing Gary at all would be nice. Honestly with the show being set in Kanto, they could have just used Gary instead of Go and used his research as a reason to travel.

Red and Blue

Not sure if this means anything but
One of the Galarian Gym leaders is from Hoenn. I guess they have reason to spread the Galarian gyms across the eight regions

Last edited:
It's not anything major like a story spoiler. Just a bit of trivia. Though I edited my title if that helps
o2kEmmD.png

Um...sure. Now it's way more vague. Ha ha.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean, this is the spoiler section and they did include a spoiler tag. What more do you want them to do?
This is for anime spoilers, not game spoilers.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Any chance of previous companions coming back in this series?
Definitely this is the series with the highest chance, but again, I direct you to Battle Frontier to see how they can also be ignored entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.