1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't even think that Ash would challenge the Galar League to begin with.

2. Bortgreen

Bortgreen The incredible world of PokéMon!

If Rose is eventually going to announce the Gym Challenge in the anime Ash can just fly occasionaly to the gyms instead of journeying through the entire region
    Then instead of the "Road to X City" episodes we have the research episodes like the ones we know so far

3. MartínK

MartínK Well-Known Member

That's right, only Dynamax and gyms.

Truth to be told, i don't like Dynamax very much.

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I mean that is very subjective since SwSh to me is more interesting than anything in Gen 7

Redstar45 likes this.
  5. MartínK

If you ask me the only good things in gen 7 was no HM's and travel through ultra wormholes

6. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Have you gave it a chance in online multiplayer? I think you might enjoy it. I sure was surprised of how good it is then it initially appeared in the trailers. It fixed many of the problems of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves while also refining them into something more balanced. After playing the games, I believe Dynamax shouldn't be a gimmick to the point that I hope Gamefreak continues Dynamax in later generations. Ah but enough of the gameplay, I wonder how they will incorporate the Dynamax action into animation? Will it be fast like Neon Genesis Evangelion or slow like those Kaiju movies?

mehmeh1 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  7. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

After seeing the opening I get the feeling that Ash and Go will be the protagonists (this was already confirmed though), and Koharu will have an companion status, and not an secondary character like everyone was thinking.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Hmm, if Bede does show up in the anime, I hope that they do the exact same thing they did with him in-game.

It's like the game team somehow found all my rants about Paul and did to Bede what should have been done to Paul. They have entirely different issues, but Bede actually faces major consequences for his terrible actions. They actually kick him out of the Gym Challenge entirely instead of just going "Oh well" and letting him continue.

9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Whatever they do with Bede's story in the anime I hope they keep the part of him growing up in an orphanage and getting into fights. Hopefully that isnt to dark for the anime

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  10. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Well I want Marnie to take a more complex role in the anime since she was kinda underused in the games. So hoping for her to appear (as well as all other SwSh rivals)

Bede's story can be implemented in the anime with the difference that we will see him change onscreen and will still participate at the Galar tournament after being kicked out. Bede apologying after his change could lead to that.

They can 1 to 1 copy Hops story into the anime with Bede also bad talking Hop leading to his depression. Maybe with some extra story strings here and there so it's not exactly the same).

11. MartínK

I'll like to see Marnie as main rival for Ash, first female rival since Bianca (If you can call her a rival)

12. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I could see Leon or Rose endorsing Ash due to the fact he was the alola league's first champion(leon wanting to face Ash, Rose for publicity), of course given his jerky character I can also see Bede saying that the alola league is a "minor" league compared to Galar's league, and that anyone could've won it since there weren't any qualifications needed to enter.

13. RileyXY1

I think that Ash might just challenge random tournaments throughout all 8 regions instead of competing in the Galar League.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  14. Bortgreen

Why not both? Since Ash is the more battle-oriented of the duo

15. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I'm curious about Koharu tbh. I want to see if she'll join Ash and Go on adventures before I speculate about her too much. I don't know how they're handling her at this point.

16. RileyXY1

Challenging the Galar League is something that would be more fitting for a Galar-centric saga.

17. Bortgreen

Yeah but Ash can always fly/teleport/?? to the gyms occasionally

By the way the Snorlax episode suggests they are going to research Dynamax and the Gyms are the better place for this

18. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Dynamax will be so important in the anime.

Ash and Go travel to Galar to investigate about the Dynamax, but they will return to Kanto pretty fast (and they will go to other missions).

In general, the reseach trips seem to be episodic.

19. RileyXY1

They did say that there isn't going to be any major multi-episode arcs.

20. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Um when did they say this??