• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I love how the leads catching Legendaries and Mythicals is a legitimate possibility instead of a joke or pipe dream.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Think this is a really good point actually, there are some important pokemon on there who aren’t using stock pics like those 2, meowth, wobbufett, charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and it’s bit coincidental that all of these had large roles in the past.

also interesting is Piplup and Croagunk are in Hoenn....

Oh man, it'd be awesome to get Dawn and Brock in the same episode again!

Agreed, hope Dragonite's not something as lazy as Bewear 2.0 or a one-gag Pokemon. Though it seems to be affectionately hugging Meowth on the poster, which could indicate something like that. And there's pretty much 0% chance it will be captured by Jessie or James.

Really hard to make predictions for this series given its unclarified nature, but out of the starters Sobble really feels the most likely candidate for Ash.

Well if it's helping them because it likes Meowth, I guess that's something original.
Though I pity the poor Pokemon Meowth himself gets a crush on, if Dragonite's the jealous type lol

If he didn't caught them in their "own" eras, why would he caught them now?

Put it this way, back then we got 100+ new Pokemon per generation, now we get 50-75!
And there's nothing saying Ash has to catch new Pokemon exclusively. If he's on a world tour, it'd be strange if he only caught Galar Pokemon would it not?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Has Ash always been described this way by promotional material? Because this seems like new information to me.

That part intrigued me as well. Guess it's going to be a plot point.

Anyway, nice to have more insight on Ash's motivations.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Will Ash gonna catch some Pokemon?

Kanto
  • Exeggcute
  • Drowzee
  • Weedle
  • Magnetmite
  • Scyther
  • Pinsir
  • Onix
  • Magikarp
  • Dratini
  • Rhyhorn
  • Growlithe
  • Gastly
  • Farfetch'd (Either Ash or Go)
  • Abra
  • Tangler
  • Tentacool
  • Eevee
  • Voltorb
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidoran♂
  • Shellder
  • Omanyte
  • Kabuto
  • Aerodactyl
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Mewtwo

Johto
  • Spinarak
  • Dunsparce
  • Murkrow
  • Unown
  • Magby
  • Sneasel
  • Mareep
  • Elekid
  • Skarmory
  • Smoochum
  • Cleffa
  • Teddiursa
  • Houndour
  • Remoraid
  • Tyrogue
  • Larvitar (If Ash reunited it)
  • Celebi (If GS Ball have open)

Hoenn
  • Aron
  • Trapinch
  • Bagon
  • Nincada
  • Sableye
  • Torchic
  • Mudkip
  • Poochyena
  • Carvanha
  • Numel
  • Seedot
  • Solrock
  • Lunatone
  • Zangoose
  • Shuppet
  • Nosepass
  • Duskull
  • Tropius
  • Baltoy
  • Lileep
  • Anorith
  • Absol
  • Beldum
  • Latios
  • Latias
  • Groudon
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Regice
  • Rayquaza
  • Deoxys

Sinnoh
  • Skorupi
  • Spiritomb
  • Riolu
  • Bronzor
  • Shinx
  • Budew
  • Cranidos
  • Snover
  • Shieldon
  • Piplup
  • Regigigas
  • Giratina
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Darkrai
  • Arceus

Unova
  • Zorua
  • Venipede
  • Joltik
  • Ferroseed
  • Klink
  • Tynamo
  • Solosis
  • Vanillite
  • Cryogonal
  • Elgyem
  • Litwick
  • Tirtouga
  • Archen
  • Sigilyph
  • Heatmor
  • Durant
  • Deino
  • Druddigon
  • Golett
  • Pawniard
  • Larvesta
  • Cobalion
  • Terrakion
  • Virizion
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem

Kalos
  • Honedge
  • Skrelp
  • Clauncher
  • Phantump
  • Bergmite
  • Scatterbug
  • Tyrunt
  • Amaura
  • Yveltal
  • Diancie
  • Hoopa
  • Volcanion
Alola
  • Type:Null
  • Salandit
  • Sandygast
Galar

You ask too much, pal. Besides recovering his old Pokemon (like Primeape, Pidgeot, Squirtle or Greninja), the potential new captures for Ash is quite limited.

+ Kanto: Onix or Rhyhorn, Hitmonlee. Mewtwo could be a possibility, because of Go's quest to capture Mew.
+ Johto: Tyrogue (to evolve into Hitmonlee)
+ Hoenn: Beldum, Latias.
+ Sinnoh: Riolu.
+ Unova: Pansear, Zorua, Tirtouga, Bouffalant (lead Tauros' herd).
+ Kalos: Tyrunt.
+ Alola: Maybe an Alola Muk (his Dark Type makes him more useful than classic Muk).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It would be wonderfully meta if Gou wanted to catch them all, realised some Pokemon would be out of his reach, and simply gave up.
Return of shudõ dark humor story !? That was plot points in his novel

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I hope Go catches that Lugia we see him flying on. About time to make the boxart legendaries catchable!
The only tricky thing is how the anime paints many of the box legends as deity-like creatures that are in a sense “uncatchable” (without causing disasters that is). Lugia, Solgaleo and Lunala are more manageable since it has been established there are multiple of them but the others could be more difficult.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Who will be Ash main rival? Marnie or Bede? I would prefer Marnie, since Ash never had a female main rival and Bede seems to be like Paul and Trip.

Yeah I think Marnie or another girl should be Ash’s main rival this time around. It’s kind of surprising looking back at how little female rivals the series has had in general. There should be one who’s actually formidable and fully devoted to becoming a strong trainer, and Marnie seems to be the first.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Looks like we'll only have two main characters? That's...kinda underwhelming

johno1995

Ash and Gou, being two boys of the same age, have potential to hold one of the most fun dynamics. I hope we see former companions coming in & out as the third/fourth member of the traveling team.

For instance, it would be cool to see companions interact with each other for the first time—Misty and Clemont, May and Kiawe, Iris and Serena... I won’t get my hopes up but this would be the perfect opportunity to touch base with all characters again.

johno1995

I don’t know what to expect here. I think Ash will have a team of Pikachu, Grookey and Sobble.

Depending on what he is doing, he could rotate in old members as he travels around and Goh has a large rotation much like players in the games... Or Ash could have a full team of Galar Pokémon, per usual formula. I definitely believe all three starters will be on the main cast, at the very least.

I could see Gou having a Pokémon or two from each region that stand out as close friends if he really does stick with the “catch em all” goal throughout: they’d rotate in and out as team members.

I am all for Gou with Yamper & Morpeko for sure.

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
A duo could be interesting and give them enough time to develop both characters and properly develop them with their possible rivals. I assume we’ll get at least 2 rivals from the games.

Also could Ash and Gau going through the Regions to promote the Galar gyms and competition/sponsoring.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Don’t expect for Gau to get two starters so Ash will probably score both just to promote the **** out of them. Than I see Grookey to be the one to not evolve.

I would like to see Ash with a Galar form, but none of the present seems like fitting. Rather seeing on of the rivals with Serfetched.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
In that case I hope he gets Porygon, and Yungerer.

And Mewtwo.
Not even the Pokemon Company can stand up to the power of lawsuits.

game3524

That means less wasted time trying to focus on a third wheel who's only there to give sustenance to the other two and a possible fourth wheel who is much more of a waste than the third wheel.

Ash is better if he has just one person to constantly butt heads with, or else it'll be just him and Pikachu dating hogging all the spotlight. Poor Serena was 2 gens too early. This was her biggest chance, only for some dude to be Ash's bro. Ha ha.

I can't help but think the writers realized writing for an absurd amount of characters in SM was what led to reducing companions to just one person...or they simply wanted to change things for no reason.

Honestly, if they knew the anime would go for as long as it has back in 1997, they likely would have introduced c0-protagonist to go with Ash, while scrapping the third companion all together.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don’t know what to expect here. I think Ash will have a team of Pikachu, Grookey and Sobble.

Depending on what he is doing, he could rotate in old members as he travels around and Goh has a large rotation much like players in the games... Or Ash could have a full team of Galar Pokémon, per usual formula. I definitely believe all three starters will be on the main cast, at the very least.

I could see Gou having a Pokémon or two from each region that stand out as close friends if he really does stick with the “catch em all” goal throughout: they’d rotate in and out as team members.

I am all for Gou with Yamper & Morpeko for sure.

Rotating old Pokemon is in order. Certainly, Ash should capture a full team of the new Generation, but it can also capture at least one old Pokemon from the previous regions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It would be wonderfully meta if Gou wanted to catch them all, realised some Pokemon would be out of his reach, and simply gave up.

Oh that would be so awesome! They should do that

Who will be Ash main rival? Marnie or Bede? I would prefer Marnie, since Ash never had a female main rival and Bede seems to be like Paul and Trip.

Bede. I'd like it to be Bede.
Marnie can still have a great amount of focus, but Bede has potential for more drama and clashing with Ash. Marnie appears to be a friendly character despite her appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.