• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Oooooh I can't wait until they introduce
Eternatus
in the anime.

How the heck will Ash and Gou beat that thing?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oooooh I can't wait until they introduce
Eternatus
in the anime.

How the heck will Ash and Gou beat that thing?

Hopefully they actually do, sending all those Guzzlords into portals was so freaking dumb.

I still don't get why Ash has to be restricted, can't he just use whatever?

Exactly.
I'm really hoping they give Ash an old Pokemon soon just to end this debate. Just because Ash never got an old Pokemon in the past doesn't mean it can't happen. People made so many stupid rules over the years 'Ash can't catch canine Pokemon' 'Ash can't catch feline Pokemon' 'Ash can't a legendary' 'Ash can't get a Pokemon that evolves with a stone'. Otherwise the he can/he won't debate will continue until gen 9!

Red and Blue

Story spoilers. Apparently

Hop gets one mascot and the player the other in order to fight Eternatus. Ash and Gou could use both Wolf Pokemon.

dman_dustin

How about Ash just catch everything in Galar except for Scorbunny and Yamper, and whatever Pokemon they give Jessie and James, and the regional rodent, for example, and he catches everything else.

I mean I KNOW its never going to happen, but I love so many options that are available I don't know who to favor.

Well except the two main that I mentioned before either early in this thread or recently. Such as Corviknight and Impidimp those are solids on Ash's team (my opinion).

I literally do not know who else to choose. So everything. Maybe I'll make a comprehensive list like last generation (in spoiler tags obviously), and discuss why Ash might or might not catch it.

There's just SO MANY good choices. Honestly this is the generation that Ash should've rotated Pokemon. What the hell was 5th generation outside of having more than 150 new Pokemon.

Like I'm so petty right now, everyone else in Galar should just have past generation Pokemon. Give everyone a Charizard just so Ash can get all the amazing options.

Legendaries are a no go, obviously.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
How about Ash just catch everything in Galar except for Scorbunny and Yamper, and whatever Pokemon they give Jessie and James, and the regional rodent, for example, and he catches everything else.

I mean I KNOW its never going to happen, but I love so many options that are available I don't know who to favor.

Well except the two main that I mentioned before either early in this thread or recently. Such as Corviknight and Impidimp those are solids on Ash's team (my opinion).

I literally do not know who else to choose. So everything. Maybe I'll make a comprehensive list like last generation (in spoiler tags obviously), and discuss why Ash might or might not catch it.

There's just SO MANY good choices. Honestly this is the generation that Ash should've rotated Pokemon. What the hell was 5th generation outside of having more than 150 new Pokemon.

Like I'm so petty right now, everyone else in Galar should just have past generation Pokemon. Give everyone a Charizard just so Ash can get all the amazing options.

Legendaries are a no go, obviously.
...Go's goal is to catch every Pokemon (but mostly Mew). If anyone's getting the majority of Galar Pokemon, it's him.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They seem to want Ash and Go represent different aspects of the Pokemon franchise.

A magazine said Ash/Satoshi is all about the "Battle", while Go is more sbout trying to "Get" as many Pokemon as he can.

They also really want to give Go importance for the story. In the first episode (about Pikachu's past), Ash and Go will appear as little kids.
Looks like Ash isn't getting a lot of Pokemon.

World Turtle

I hope Ash gets the following: Ignoring the Starters because he's probably going to get at least one.

Corviknight: Flying/Steel
Dragapault: Dragon/Ghost (though it can stay as Dreepy and perhaps avoid being released)
Frosmoth: Bug/Ice honestly I'd be ok with any of the Bugs
Grapploct: Fighitng

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Looks like Ash isn't getting a lot of Pokemon.

He HAS to. I mean, even if Battles is Ash's thing, there are several old Pokemon he could capture (or maybe "recapture" if he meets old Pokemon like Pidgeot and Lapras) and he still have to capture a whole team from Galar. And Go definitely need to train his Pokemon through battles if he wants to capture all Pokemon, as some of them are really strong in the wild.

Noy

Well hopefully Marnie will be one of Ash's rivals. She's too good of a concept to be not used.

But that probably won't happen because of that whole world travel thing *sigh*
Actually that might not be the case. Technically, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing a "World Tour" like Ash and Go. Also Marnie has "Stans" following her everywhere, so they really could introduce both early on and and have reappearances throughout the series. Would actually make sense since bands would do world tours and have their Stans follow them around as well.

Master Pikachu 11

Even if PM2019 isn't Galar-focused, I can't see Ash getting anything but Gen VIII Pokemon.

If they really want to give old mons to someone, do it with Gou. He's the capture kid, here. ...Just make sure he gets Pokemon that haven't been on the main cast, please.

I'd like it if Pokemon he catches end up being useful in certain situations like if a Pokemon is poisoned, but they don't have any supplies to heal it with. Then Gou pulls out *insert healing Pokemon here* and uses it to solve their problem.
I still think they should change things up and have Ash capture some old gen Pokémon as well, I mean what even the point of Ash even returning to these regions just to watch Go capture Pokémon. I mean the whole point of capturing Pokémon is so can battle along side you and base on the last trailer we see Scorbunny battling Pikachu so that tells me Go is going to be battling as well. I mean I think Ash shouldn’t be restricted to just a certain generation Pokémon and since he is also a protagonist, we can’t just ignore him. Besides Go’s main goal is mostly capturing Mew, since he could choose any of the Kanto starters and he said Mew’s name instead. So pretty much they are mostly going on this journey to find Mew.

World Turtle

I still think they should change things up and have Ash capture some old gen Pokémon as well, I mean what even the point of Ash even returning to these regions just to watch Go capture Pokémon. I mean the whole point of capturing Pokémon is so can battle along side you and base on the last trailer we see Scorbunny battling Pikachu so that tells me Go is going to be battling as well. I mean I think Ash shouldn’t be restricted to just a certain generation Pokémon and since he is also a protagonist, we can’t just ignore him. Besides Go’s main goal is mostly capturing Mew, since he could choose any of the Kanto starters and he said Mew’s name instead. So pretty much they are mostly going on this journey to find Mew.

While I can see it being a step backwards, but since Ash has already gone through those regions he could give the old gen captures the Kanto Reserve Treatment (Kinger, Muk, Tauros) while the main focus is on his Galar Team. These captures however would be already evolved Pokemon (to show his experience in contrast to Gou who is still starting out). So they'd be fully evolved Pokemon or stand alone evolution lines or only need to evolve once. Ash would still be rotating them and his other Oak mons in when he visits their regions as guest star party members. His "home base" team who get the main focus however will be the Galar mons.

At least that's what I'd hope they do.

I really believe there is an Unused List of Pokemon for Ash probably somewhere in the anime's studio cutting room floor and if he's traveling through all these old regions again? I say why not? Use this chance to give Ash some of them.

I still wouldn't want to see Ash get a lot or anything. Of course between eight generations it'll add up quick. I'd say no more then 20 (and that includes Galar).

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Even if PM2019 isn't Galar-focused, I can't see Ash getting anything but Gen VIII Pokemon.

If they really want to give old mons to someone, do it with Gou. He's the capture kid, here. ...Just make sure he gets Pokemon that haven't been on the main cast, please.

I'd like it if Pokemon he catches end up being useful in certain situations like if a Pokemon is poisoned, but they don't have any supplies to heal it with. Then Gou pulls out *insert healing Pokemon here* and uses it to solve their problem.

I can see Ash catching or possibly recalling any older gens mons but only those that has a connection with Gen VIII either through evolution or Dynamax. As for Gou I think we should juist assume he'll end up catching someone already own by a past companion whether like or not.

I don't get the Ash will solely catch Galar Pokemon argument. Everything we have seen so far suggests that won't be the case.

Honestly I think majority of fans are getting a head of themselves with Ash and catching any older gen mons especially when you have Gou to the mix.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Go to catch 6 Pokemon(non Galar), Ash to to catch 6-7 Galar Pokemon ( + Galarian forms) + Ash's reserves to come in battles/ some arc etc.
12-13 new Pokemon on the cast is enough. Some even won't be developed properly. It makes no sense that Go catches all 800 + Pokemon. Lol We haev trouble with 20 Pokemon on the cast and less when it comes to development, yet how are they gonna develop over 800 Pokemon. Lol.
Also, him catching Mew could be like distant dream like Ash's Master dream. So I can see Go not catching Mew, but int he end of this series he will follow Mew where it goes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
They seem to want Ash and Go represent different aspects of the Pokemon franchise.

A magazine said Ash/Satoshi is all about the "Battle", while Go is more sbout trying to "Get" as many Pokemon as he can.

They also really want to give Go importance for the story. In the first episode (about Pikachu's past), Ash and Go will appear as little kids.
Ash will get at least 5 Pokemon, so he will have full team in the end despite Pokemon leaves( it will come back for something). Go will probably have full team aswell.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I can see Ash catching or possibly recalling any older gens mons but only those that has a connection with Gen VIII either through evolution or Dynamax. As for Gou I think we should juist assume he'll end up catching someone already own by a past companion whether like or not.

Honestly I think majority of fans are getting a head of themselves with Ash and catching any older gen mons especially when you have Gou to the mix.
However, this is a very non-traditional saga, so Ash doesn't have to get solely Galar Pokemon because Galar isn't the sole focus of this saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.