• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Why does it have to be Serena of all people? I was hoping they would run into new characters for Go's sake not so much Ash's.
Because the first episode seems like it will be going back to a time and place we know she was present at? I mean it could be a different camp, sure, but this seems like a cameo opportunity that's so obvious that it should write itself.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What traditions might be broken this time beside the non girl companion and what old pokmeon you want ash to catch. in the other regions
Absolutely Ralts. It's something I always wanted to see Ash use.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Some Pokemon I wouldn't mind Ash getting for from Galar

Rillaboom
Intellion
Corviknight
Grapploct
Frosmoth
Polteagiest
Coalossal

After seeing an action shot of Intellion doing something from the leaks I've warmed up to it. Gives Ash another fully evolved water type and grass type with Rillaboom as well. The last three generations the grass starters have been in base form. Corviknight and Grapploct are badass. Frosmoth gives Ash is first Ice type since Gen 3 and Polteageist and Coalossal could be interesting.
Put the non-officially confirmed Pokemon in spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Zariful

It’d be interesting if Ash and Gou each caught like for example Gou gets a Zigzagoon from Hoenn and Ash gets a Galarian one. And they have a rivalry of sorts and the Hoenn one is caught off guard by Obstagoon

DatsRight

And it'll be awesome to see the Lucario haters be forced to put up with the species actually having a main role for once, instead of pretending the poor thing gets more focus than Eevee and Charizard. Lucario may have appeared in every saga, but unlike Charizard and Eevee.... it wasn't forced. Still hasn't been. Every time a Charizard or Eevee is around? Focus of attention(And completely forced apart from Ash's, which is used sparingly). Notice how Charizard was the only Ride Pokemon who was actually owned by a main character that got upgraded? Poor Lapras, can't even remember the last time it appeared lol Oh and Eevee didn't even evolve at all this time so... yeah.
We're almost certainly getting Charizard and Eevee again.... the anime doesn't have the balls to change Leon's ace like they did with Alder. As much as I wish it were possible, it ain't happening. And either Go or the girl will wind up with an Eevee.... hopefully the girl since we'll see her less lol

Him and Alola Sandslash are the ones I'm rooting for as they really should have happened

In fairness after the shorts, Sandy got barely any screen time besides a filler shared with Shaymin.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
I see Ash only catching Galar Pokemon unless he somehow got a Galarian Evolution that required him to catch an older Pokemon to evolve it, but this is what I think his team might look like:

Pikachu
Rookidee>Corvisquire>Corviknight
Sobble>Drizzile
Grookey>Thwackey>Rillaboom
Impidimp>Morgrem
Dreepy>Drakloak>Dragapult

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like that we see that every kid isn't a trainer or has no interest in using pokemon.

Why does it have to be Serena of all people? I was hoping they would run into new characters for Go's sake not so much Ash's.

It's a harmless cameo. Not like she'd be shoehorned in

Seeing a younger Ash, Gary, and Serena in the background of the camp would be awesome. Especially if they also threw Leaf into the background too

DatsRight

Ash usually only catches new region Pokemon.

Looking back, I wonder if this calendar is still meant to hold any weight:
pokemon2020cut.jpg

I mean Shaymin has supposedly been debunked unless it pulls a Naganadel or another Shaymin appears, but surely Lillie will be getting some return limelight.

4dhcg1z3xxa31.png

We also have some other calendar images with a similar lineup (also notice Pichu and Mew's presence). The more questionable guys put in front and centre in these are Shaymin, Bounsweet, Eevee and Dedenne (also note how lazy they were just reusing the same starter poses here :p).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash usually only catches new region Pokemon.

Looking back, I wonder if this calendar is still meant to hold any weight:
pokemon2020cut.jpg

I mean Shaymin has supposedly been debunked unless it pulls a Naganadel or another Shaymin appears, but surely Lillie will be getting some return limelight.
However this time, the new region is no longer the sole focus.

BabaVanga

OS= Kanto + Charizard was ace in Johto and OI
AG= BF in Kanto
DP=No Kanto
BW= Season 2 is mostly about Kanto ( Iris got Dragonite, Charizard returned)
XY= Charizard
SM= They visit Kanto, Misty and Brock returned
PM= Kanto is their homebase

So every series except DP had something major about Kanto whether it's Pokemon or region. Same with games:
Gen 1= Kanto
Gen 2= back to Kanto
Gen 3= Kanto remakes
Gen 4= Remake of Kanto in HG/SS
Gen 5= nothing
Gen 6= you get Kanto starters, many Kanto Pokemon get Mega'd
Gen 7= Kanto remakes + many Kanto Pokemon got Alola'd
Gen 8= many Kanto mon got Giga'd and Galar'd.

Like this is crazy. Pokemon franchise should be called just Kanto.
I guess they fail to understand what made Kanto so popular in the first place and think spamming Kanto references and giving Kanto Pokémon dozens unnecessary forms will help them retrieve the franchise popularity from the early days.

I don't see how Gigantamax Charizard or Galarian Rapidash can make me feel even remotely nostalgic but ok Gamefreak, you do you.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
First real team prediction for Ash (SWSH new Pokemon spoiler)

Pikachu
Rokidee-Corvisquire-Corviknight
Grookey-Thwackey->Rillaboom
Sobble-Drizzile (maybe fully evolving into Intelleon, depends of how the writer want to handle it in this series)

Also wild speculation of mine: Would be sick if Ash gets Dragapult. New Dragon type that also covers one of Ash's missing types (Ghost). I also think it fits Ash, although it shooting essentially it's baby against the opponents would be quite a bit to brutal to be Ash's Pokemon we will see more often.

Other than that, either Centiscorch as his Fire type or none because there was a no Grass Pokemon in Kalos and no Water Pokemon in Alola. So maybe no Fire type this time?

D

Deleted member 384931

The point is we still know nothing more than in October. We don't know how this will work, how Ash will get development, which trainers he will fight...

Red and Blue

First real team prediction for Ash (SWSH new Pokemon spoiler)

Pikachu
Rokidee-Corvisquire-Corviknight
Grookey-Thwackey->Rillaboom
Sobble-Drizzile (maybe fully evolving into Intelleon, depends of how the writer want to handle it in this series)

Also wild speculation of mine: Would be sick if Ash gets Dragapult. New Dragon type that also covers one of Ash's missing types (Ghost). I also think it fits Ash, although it shooting essentially it's baby against the opponents would be quite a bit to brutal to be Ash's Pokemon we will see more often.

Other than that, either Centiscorch as his Fire type or none because there was a no Grass Pokemon in Kalos and no Water Pokemon in Alola. So maybe no Fire type this time?
I could see Ash with a Galarian form that evolves. My choice for his last spot is one of the new Mythicals or possibly Zacian

Lionel_B

Here are the Pokémon that I imagine well in the Ash's Team in Galar :

- Sobble >Drizzile> Intelleon
-Rokidee > Corvisquire > Corviknight
-Applin > Flapple
-Eiscue
- Wooloo > Dubwool

kickachu

Momentai!
what new gags you think will be created and which old ones will return?

kickachu

Momentai!
In fairness after the shorts, Sandy got barely any screen time besides a filler shared with Shaymin.
if eevee joins ash and go I want it to develop more than the other eevee on the cast since as dynamxing

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Seeing Gary at all would be nice. Honestly with the show being set in Kanto, they could have just used Gary instead of Go and used his research as a reason to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.