• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm pretty sure bede and Marnie won't debut as rivals of ash instead
We know that both of them become gym leaders in the end. I can see them appearing as gym leaders along with the old ones like with cheren rather than as rivals. Hop is either not going to appear or is gonna be late like hau. His role in the story probably goes to Gou [\Spoiler]

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm pretty sure bede and Marnie won't debut as rivals of ash instead
We know that both of them become gym leaders in the end. I can see them appearing as gym leaders along with the old ones like with cheren rather than as rivals. Hop is either not going to appear or is gonna be late like hau. His role in the story probably goes to Gou [\Spoiler]
I don't think that will happen unless a Sword and Shield sequel is made and they appear in that capacity.

D

Deleted member 384931

Actually are having rivals easier now with just 2 heroes, more appearing than others

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Technically I would argue Reshiram and Zekrom arent that much of a duo either. They are rarely seen together. But as in a Duo or legendary Pokemon in the region/games then I’d argue Ho-oH and Lugia were a duo because they are counter-parts of each other like most legendary duos
They're literally yin and yang. That's about as duo as you can get.

TheWanderingMist

I mean, this is the spoiler section and they did include a spoiler tag. What more do you want them to do?
This is for anime spoilers, not game spoilers.

World Turtle

Impidimp: If it evolves all the way it becomes Jessie's brute. Grimmsnarl apparently fights with his hair according to his Dex entry. Jessie would love that.
Polteageist: James
Toxel: They get their own Electric type!
Purrsereker: It contrast with Alola Meowth it becomes TR's Meowth's loyal muscle. They'll go off on their own to do their own schemes sometimes.

TheWanderingMist

Any chance of previous companions coming back in this series?
Definitely this is the series with the highest chance, but again, I direct you to Battle Frontier to see how they can also be ignored entirely.

Konja7

Technically I would argue Reshiram and Zekrom arent that much of a duo either. They are rarely seen together. But as in a Duo or legendary Pokemon in the region/games then I’d argue Ho-oH and Lugia were a duo because they are counter-parts of each other like most legendary duos

However, Reshiram and Zekrom are still pretty complementary in what they represent (yin and yang). The anime mantain that connection.

I would say the anime never represent Ho-oh and Lugia as a Legendary duo (even the connection they have in the game was erased in the anime).

Red and Blue

It would be a huge missed opportunity to not have Giganatamax Meowth vs. it's Galarian counterpart or Perrsereker. Especially if TR once again get the new game mechanic like SM

Lionel_B

Now that we have more details on Eiscue's Ability, I imagine Ash is training with this Pokémon to handle this ability.

Eiscue's Ability, protects him from a physical attack for a shot. He can however reuse his ability after hail.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
Yeah it'll be disappointing if none of the past companions appear, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

I agree that it wouldn't be too surprising if the previous companions don't appear. When information about this series was first revealed, I was already skeptical about the odds of the previous traveling companions making cameo appearances, and my opinion on that hasn't changed since this series seems like it'll be more invested in showcasing Pokemon from the various regions more than on showing old human characters, at least from my perspective.

RLC

If anyone deserves an appearance it’s Iris and Dawn if Sinnoh remakes are truly coming.
i agree with iris but dawn had a chance to return already so i would want the xy and sm cast to have more priority over her

Red and Blue

So according to Bulbapedia PM2019 episode 5 deals with Giganatamaxing. Assuming it's legit looks like Ash and Gou will use that feature

Domok

I’m assuming with the early Galar travel in episode 4-5, we’ll see Ash catch Grookey/Sobble before they head back to Kanto in like, episode 7 or 8 I’d assume.

Perhaps that’ll be how it’s set up, they go to one region for like 5 episodes, head to Galar for a few captures, head to another region, etc.

World Turtle

I’m assuming with the early Galar travel in episode 4-5, we’ll see Ash catch Grookey/Sobble before they head back to Kanto in like, episode 7 or 8 I’d assume.

Perhaps that’ll be how it’s set up, they go to one region for like 5 episodes, head to Galar for a few captures, head to another region, etc.

I hope Ash gets his Galar Starter and the bird (please be Corviknight's pre-evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.