• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaVanga

I love that meme faces are back.
Pokémon anime is at its best when it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I already know I'm gonna like this series.

We need to see how the series progress to asume a shipping between Ash and Koharu but i have the feeling that the shipping would be Gou and Koharu, she should have more chemistry with him rather than Ash

Both Ash and Gou were blushing at Koharu in the preview. :oops:

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The preview clips gave us a few hints, one, Ash has another pokemon with him, and two, someone catches something fairly early on although that could be Go getting Scorbunny.

D

Deleted member 384931

The preview clips gave us a few hints, one, Ash has another pokemon with him, and two, someone catches something fairly early on although that could be Go getting Scorbunny.
Wonder if it's a new one of an old one

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

The scene didn't really give a hint but it did seem like they were just about to battle so it could be a scene where they face off against TR.

Moonlight Starlight

Was meaning to ask this previously but what's with the Prof. Oak clone? Sakuragi? But you know what this anime reminds me of? The Pokemon movies. Entirely new characters being exclusive to the anime are the focus. A bunch of locations that look more closer to the classical-medieval architecture featured in movies. And of course, it seems anything that resemble the games is farther and farther away which isn't a bad thing. Anyone else getting Pokemon movie-vibes instead of TV-vibes?
It feels like a movie vibe I see do to Ash being drawn different again into a different version than not a continuity to the series .

dman_dustin

We do see Bulbasaur in the Ivysaur evolution mystery episode from the clips we got.

If Ash's Bulbasaur DID evolve, it's likely he'd want to use his brand new Ivysaur for awhile. And that's just the 3rd episode, prior to the Scorbunny episode. So it could make sense.

But it could also be a particular Pokemon from the mysterious 7th episode we don't know the title for. It's hard to know exactly WHEN the Ash and Go team up takes place, it at least has to be after the 4th episode. Maybe the episode Team Rocket shows up in?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We do see Bulbasaur in the Ivysaur evolution mystery episode from the clips we got.

If Ash's Bulbasaur DID evolve, it's likely he'd want to use his brand new Ivysaur for awhile. And that's just the 3rd episode, prior to the Scorbunny episode. So it could make sense.

But it could also be a particular Pokemon from the mysterious 7th episode we don't know the title for. It's hard to know exactly WHEN the Ash and Go team up takes place, it at least has to be after the 4th episode. Maybe the episode Team Rocket shows up in?

Wait, we saw Ash's Bulbasaur in a clip?? Where??

dman_dustin

Wait, we saw Ash's Bulbasaur in a clip?? Where??

No sorry I was speaking plurally not singularly, what I mean is we saw a whole bunch of Bulbasaur and a lot Ivysaur marching. So it's not just potentially Ivysaur evolving into Venusaur, it's also likely Bulbasaur evolving into Ivysaur. I'm just speculating Ash's Bulbasaur may get involved or that Ash brings his own, and Bulbasaur MIGHT decide to evolve.

I'm just speculating because we have no more context to go on with Ash and Go teaming up and sending out his Pokemon. I just don't know what Pokemon Ash is sending out, is it a new capture, or is it an old Pokemon. We don't know because nothing points to Ash catching anything.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No sorry I was speaking plurally not singularly, what I mean is we saw a whole bunch of Bulbasaur and a lot Ivysaur marching. So it's not just potentially Ivysaur evolving into Venusaur, it's also likely Bulbasaur evolving into Ivysaur. I'm just speculating Ash's Bulbasaur may get involved or that Ash brings his own, and Bulbasaur MIGHT decide to evolve.

I'm just speculating because we have no more context to go on with Ash and Go teaming up and sending out his Pokemon. I just don't know what Pokemon Ash is sending out, is it a new capture, or is it an old Pokemon. We don't know because nothing points to Ash catching anything.

Ah, you're referring to the pic then. I was like we got clips like footage lol??

dman_dustin

Ah, you're referring to the pic then. I was like we got clips like footage lol??

No no, I mean the clips, we see marching Bulbasaur (like 5 of them), and marching Ivysaur (5 of them) as a small snippet of the preview for the Ivysaur episode.

@15:35 of the Let's go world special.

Right after a Poke ball catches something (likely Scorbunny), we see a clip of a lot of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur marching to a particular location.

Edit: After the whole Go finds out Meowth can speak segment, we get a shot of a Bellsprout and Cubone, a Poke ball catching, and whole lot of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.

RedR

Since every travel companion + paul got a shoutout from the new preview episode, I think all these character will come back at some point during this series. This series, based on the preview, seems to have an emphasis on nostalgia (unlike Kalos), so past character are probably coming back!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No no, I mean the clips, we see marching Bulbasaur (like 5 of them), and marching Ivysaur (5 of them) as a small snippet of the preview for the Ivysaur episode.

@15:35 of the Let's go world special.

Right after a Poke ball catches something (likely Scorbunny), we see a clip of a lot of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur marching to a particular location.

Edit: After the whole Go finds out Meowth can speak segment, we get a shot of a Bellsprout and Cubone, a Poke ball catching, and whole lot of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.

I must of missed that at first, I see it now. Ya I hope Ash's Bulbasaur is here, even if it is just a cameo, I just love seeing him again.

VoltTacklingPika

I've the feeling Gou will quickly become one of my favourites. It's cool seeing a hot-blooded character who seems to be reasonably intelligent and actually thinks about what he's doing. As far trip logistics go, all the directions and staying on target are going to be down to him, because as we all know, Ash is infamous for his lack of direction and tendency to get distracted. So it'll be all the funnier when Ash inevitably drags Gou down to his level.

Meanwhile, I'm a tad concerned that the one thing they show Koharu doing is being the childhood friend. Hopefully the episode will show there's a little more to her than just that,

Status
Not open for further replies.