• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Excuse me, why do you think Ash and Leon battling for the championship is a set now?

I just based from SwSh storyline which will most likely converge with the current storyline of the anime... Just like how they incorporated Prof. Kukui and Tapu Koko from SM to the anime...

Konja7

I just based from SwSh storyline which will most likely converge with the current storyline of the anime... Just like how they incorporated Prof. Kukui and Tapu Koko from SM to the anime...

Thanks for your answer

However, this time the anime is pretty different from previous seasons. This time we have a trip through 8 regions and a cast of original characters.

So, I don't know if SwSh storyline will converge with the storyline of the anime this time.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The opening is a lot of fun but sadly gives us absolutely nothing to go on in terms of potential captures.

yep, but in some ways that could be a good thing as that would mean that we don't know for sure which episodes will be capture episodes and which won't be and likewise we don't know what Ash and Gou will be catching to add to their team. At this point the only capture we know for sure is Gou catching a Scorbunny in episode 4. Although this does mean that episode 8 with the potential wild Piplup could be a potential capture episode.

PokeFreak1200

Thinking about it the new opening might have a lot of place holder scenes. Showing so much of Koharu and a scene with Lugia, which I doubt will be relevant after the 2nd episode, might be there to hide the upcoming story. The dance scene, and team rocket scene I can see easily replaceable with something different. Although it's unlikely since Pokemon has never really updated their openings aside from showing the gym leaders or frontier brains without there silhouettes, but hoping there's more to the opening.

game3524

Thanks for your answer

However, this time the anime is pretty different from previous seasons. This time we have a trip through 8 regions and a cast of original characters.

So, I don't know if SwSh storyline will converge with the storyline of the anime this time.

Yeah, they aren't adapting from the game. If they were going to do that, they wouldn't even bother with the world tour plot line IMO and would focus solely on Galar.

MartínK

This anime is not going to be an adaptation from the games, cause if they do it like the games it'll make no sense having Gou, Koharu and profesor Sakuragi in the series instead of Hop, Bede, Marnie, professor Magnolia and Sonia and Ash will go directly to Galar instead of all regions

ShadowForce720

Thinking about it the new opening might have a lot of place holder scenes. Showing so much of Koharu and a scene with Lugia, which I doubt will be relevant after the 2nd episode, might be there to hide the upcoming story. The dance scene, and team rocket scene I can see easily replaceable with something different. Although it's unlikely since Pokemon has never really updated their openings aside from showing the gym leaders or frontier brains without there silhouettes, but hoping there's more to the opening.

um just pointing this out but having multiple variants of a opening and having it update with captures and evolutions is not a new thing and is something that has happened before heck just look at the last SM opening or some of the X&Y openings and you will notice they have multiple variants as they are updated with team changes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It'd be nice if they keep Dynamax a Galar exclusive thing, would stop it from being an every episode thing like z-moves winded up becoming. Make it feel special like when Megas showed up during XY. Could even have funny moments like Ash/Go and the TRio not knowing it's only Galar exclusive at first, Ash and Go trying to show off to Kotaru only to wind up looking like fools. While Giovanni calls the TRio imbeciles and tells them to stop wasting his time

Will it be possible for Ash and Gou to capture Zacian and Zamazenta?

If Pikachu can beat Eternatus Eternamax (with the most effort in the raid battle other than the legendaries), then he might redeem his possible power reset in this series...

They can try but I'm not holding much stake in them actually capturing them, when Pokemon like Zekrom and Solgaleo were caught in the games but not the anime. They'll probably just team up with Ash and Go to beat Eternatus

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that the Galar cast might show up, but I don't know if they would.

Pokemon Power

Here's how I think it should go, though it probably won't.
Ash:
Pikachu <--> Gigantamax Pikachu We all know that Ash and Pikachu will stick together. And with the new Dynamax and Gigantamax features, I think Pikachu Gigantamaxing would be awesome.
Grookey -> Thwacky -> Rillaboom The Greninja/Incineroar of this generation.
Rookaiee -> Corvisquire -> Corviknight Ash has had a flying-type in every generation since the first.
Rolycoly -> Carkol -> Coalossal I'm not sure if Ash has ever had a rock-type in his team before.
Arctovish Ash has never owned a fossil Pokemon before, so I think now's the time.
Riolu To tie-in with the potential DP remakes. Not sure if it would evolve into Lucario.

Go:
Scorbunny I don't think Go would want to evolve it.
As for the rest of his team, I think he should mix-and-match with Pokemon from other regions, though I'm not sure which ones just yet, we'll just have to see.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Here's how I think it should go, though it probably won't.
Ash:
Pikachu <--> Gigantamax Pikachu We all know that Ash and Pikachu will stick together. And with the new Dynamax and Gigantamax features, I think Pikachu Gigantamaxing would be awesome.
Grookey -> Thwacky -> Rillaboom The Greninja/Incineroar of this generation.
Rookaiee -> Corvisquire -> Corviknight Ash has had a flying-type in every generation since the first.
Rolycoly -> Carkol -> Coalossal I'm not sure if Ash has ever had a rock-type in his team before.
Arctovish Ash has never owned a fossil Pokemon before, so I think now's the time.
Riolu To tie-in with the potential DP remakes. Not sure if it would evolve into Lucario.

Go:
Scorbunny I don't think Go would want to evolve it.
As for the rest of his team, I think he should mix-and-match with Pokemon from other regions, though I'm not sure which ones just yet, we'll just have to see.
Ash had Boldore and the recent Lycanroc as Rock Types

Master Pikachu 11

I rather Ash capture an old fossil Pokémon such as Aerodactyle, or Tyrunt then capture any of the new fossils, they don’t have any appeal to me and look weird. In regards to catching the legendaries, even though I don’t think it will happen, there is always a first for everything, I mean who would have guessed that Ash would own and capture a mythical in Melmetal, if they can give Ash a mythical, I’m sure they can eventually give him a legendary.

Red and Blue

I think that the Galar cast might show up, but I don't know if they would.
What do you mean by Galar cast? Do you mean the Gym leaders, professor and Sonia?

Cause we could meet Sonia as early as episode 4

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Since the series is all regions I doubt Ash's team will be all Galar pokemon personally. As far as we know they only are in Galar for two episodes so far. So it makes sense he catches a few non Galar pokemon or they just save him catching pokemon once they are in Galar for a long period and let him just use his older stuff till

Status
Not open for further replies.