• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Pretty sure that was just a wild Pidgeot. At least we already know Ash's Squirtle is integrated in the Squirtle Squad
It could be Ash's Pidgeot too. They were showing all of Ash's Pokemon one by one and a Pidgeot after that could be Ash's too, though it wasn't confirmed in the episode or afterwards!!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I just want to comment something.

All episodes of the series have been practially continuous. I mean, each time ended a Gen's journey and started a new one, there was no time resting. For example, the same episode where he returned from Unova, he went to Kalos. However, there's an exception. After Kalos, Ash spent an undeterminated time in Kanto before his mom and him won the journey to Alola. There's an unconfirmed theory that, during that time, some things happened. One of them was the potential return off-screen of some of Ash's old Pokemon. It was "uncertainly confirmed" in SM042, "Alola, Kanto!", when Ash's Squirtle (and the whole Squirtle's Squad) appeared at Oak's Lab. And I believe Ash's Pidgeot also appeared, alongside a Pidgeotto and a Pidgey.

So, this is unlikely, but do you think we will see one of Ash's old Pokemon returning off-screen in the Hoenn's Tournament? Even more, do you think Squirtle could return, evolved as a Blastoise?

Zenigame's apparent return in SM at least made sense because he was always technically Satoshi's Pokemon the whole time he was gone: he was just doing work with the Zenigame gang. But I don't think the same really applies to Pigeot. But regardless of the Zenigame situation, I don't believe for a second that it means anything regarding the odds of Satoshi's released Pokemon returning, nor do I think that Zenigame evolved twice off-screen.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Zenigame's apparent return in SM at least made sense because he was always technically Satoshi's Pokemon the whole time he was gone: he was just doing work with the Zenigame gang. But I don't think the same really applies to Pigeot. But regardless of the Zenigame situation, I don't believe for a second that it means anything regarding the odds of Satoshi's released Pokemon returning, nor do I think that Zenigame evolved twice off-screen.

I get your points. But it's just that, since Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix off-screen, why not some of Ash's Pokemon?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
April is a great name
For Go, if not the same name I would like "Hunter"

Same here.

I even comented on this one here (not sure if on this thread or another though)

nickdt

I get your points. But it's just that, since Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix off-screen, why not some of Ash's Pokemon?

Brock is a companion, Ash is not. This is why Brock could also catch Zubat off-screen, while Ash will never get a Pokemon off-screen (And no, Tauros doesn't count, since the episodes did air in Japan).

CabochonJaw

Koharu is a name related to spring, so according to this page is could be...
Amaryllis

Azalea

Blossom

Bluebell

Calla

Camellia

Daffodil / Jonquil

Dahlia

Freesia

Hyacinth

Iris

Jasmine

Lilac

Lily

Magnolia

Marigold

Peony

Poppy

Pansy

Petunia

Primrose

Tulip

Zinnia

Iris, Jasmine, Lily, Magnolia and Zinnia probably are out of question because of relevant characters already with those names

I want Koharu's dub name to be Marigold. It's similar to Go, if you remove the m, a, r, i, l, and d.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Koharu is a name related to spring, so according to this page is could be...
Amaryllis

Azalea

Blossom

Bluebell

Calla

Camellia

Daffodil / Jonquil

Dahlia

Freesia

Hyacinth

Iris

Jasmine

Lilac

Lily

Magnolia

Marigold

Peony

Poppy

Pansy

Petunia

Primrose

Tulip

Zinnia

Iris, Jasmine, Lily, Magnolia and Zinnia probably are out of question because of relevant characters already with those names
I like the name Tulip, but it's mostly because of Infinity Train :p
I think either Tulip or April would be nice names to her :)
But I'm really afraid of what her name will be here in my country (Brazil), because, since they changed the dubbing company, they are putting some really bad names in the characters. :S
Example: Mallow is named Lulú >~<

Sham

The Guardian of War
But I'm really afraid of what her name will be here in my country (Brazil), because, since they changed the dubbing company, they are putting some really bad names in the characters. :S
Mallow is named Lulu in the official SM(Brazil) games; so the dubbers had to go with that. Since the anime is using non game characters I suppose it’s up to the dubbers to rename how they see fit. Hopefully that eases your worry.

World Turtle

A thought: If this unexpected choice Ash sends out on the 29th is a Galar Pokemon caught off-screen I think they could get away with it if its the early bird (Rookidee) or bug (Blipbug). You know the Com Mons that Ash would have just battled and caught without needing a whole episode for Ash to bond with it? They could just throw in a brief flashback of Ash catching it.

Zariful

Tbf Ash’s Poipole evolved offscreen, so catching a Pokémon offscreen doesn’t seem too far fetched

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbf Ash’s Poipole evolved offscreen, so catching a Pokémon offscreen doesn’t seem too far fetched
Yes, he evolved offscreen, and that's part of the reason why his return was one of the most contrived moments in the anime (even if I enjoyed his contribution, Naganadel being cute was fun)

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Mallow is named Lulu in the official SM(Brazil) games; so the dubbers had to go with that. Since the anime is using non game characters I suppose it’s up to the dubbers to rename how they see fit. Hopefully that eases your worry.
Well, so the ones who chose this names made really bad choices.
But they changed the name of non game characters too, like Lillie's butler, for any reason. :/
I just hope isn't something generic, like they did with most of the characters, I don't know what is the problem with keeping theirs english names, like it was with the past company dub (I'm talking about the non game characters)
But I'm really curious about Go's english name, maybe Chase?!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
But I'm really curious about Go's english name, maybe Chase?!

Wasn't that the English name of the male playable character in Let's Go Pikachu/Eievui? I somehow doubt that Gou would be given the same name as him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bevenom did evolve off-screen, but then again he wasn't a reserve Pokemon, so I don't think that him evolving while he was away in his home world would impact whether Satoshi's reserve Pokemon at Okido-hakase's lab would evolve off-screen too. I know that patterns can break and things change, but I don't think Satoshi deserves to have a bunch of off-screen Pokemon evolutions happen if he isn't actively training those Pokemon himself.

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont know if a duo really works. Or I arent used to it yet. Maybe they have to cut the budget and that is why there are only two characters, just kidding. :)
I dont feel like Gou and Ash are on the same level of importance (yet). I dont know how the daughter of the professor and Gou/Ash dynamic will work out. Will she get a focus episode? What could that be about? And the professor himself, why does he want to know the world so good?

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I dont know if a duo really works. Or I arent used to it yet. Maybe they have to cut the budget and that is why there are only two characters, just kidding. :)
I dont feel like Gou and Ash are on the same level of importance (yet). I dont know how the daughter of the professor and Gou/Ash dynamic will work out. Will she get a focus episode? What could that be about? And the professor himself, why does he want to know the world so good?

I feel like Satoshi and Gou are currently of equal importance. That might change later, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Gou's managing to get as much screen-time as Satoshi so far, and sometimes even more than him. I thought that Gou would be more like Dent or Citron, but I've been proven wrong.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Ikr, I'm Brazilian too
Probably they are going to stick with the spanish names, just like with Lulu

Status
Not open for further replies.