• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Plus, I think they gave Koharu Yamper as a substitute for someone catching the regional rodent

I think they gave it to her as she isn't a trainer(yet)
And Yamper fulfills the 'pet' role better than a Pikaclone would

There's still someone who can get the Pikaclone, I'd honestly be shocked if they pass it up. Given all the others were shoehorned on the cast in some capacity

Speaking of what you said, I wonder if Go will catch a Kantonian Rattata or an Alolan Rattata?

Both? Rattata's probably gonna be the one where he actually manages to get both the Alolan and Kantonian variant of.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
When has it been stated in the show Delia isn't a good cook?

Oh I didn't mean that she sucks at cooking or anything like that lol. I just meant that cooking isn't her specialty skill from what we know unless I missed an episode where she excelled at cooking.

Zoruagible

How does one ‘rotate’ properly I wonder?

Rotating them in a fair manner, not say favoring the Kanto Pokemon like how Best Wishes favored the starters and Scraggy
Or y'know, Greninja coming back and taking most again lol I hope Greninja's role is mostly being a mentor to Sobble

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
Giving equal screen time?

That's already a lost cause because of Pikachu who must always get the most screen-time due to his mascot status, then there are things like Lizardon, Kabigon, Jukain, and about a half dozen other highly popular Pokemon that are among Satoshi's reserves that would overshadow the rest of the lesser marketable Pokemon.

World Turtle

Frankly I say Ash should save the aces for the Master Ball class. That’d be the time for Ash to bring his all stars together.

I guess the most effective way would be to use his Pokémon in their respective regions: Kanto Pokémon battle in Kanto, Sinnoh Pokémon battle in Sinnoh, Kalos Pokémon battle in Kalos, etc.

Most of his teams are small enough it should work even with 1-2 new guys added to each.

Last edited:

game3524

That's already a lost cause because of Pikachu who must always get the most screen-time due to his mascot status, then there are things like Lizardon, Kabigon, Jukain, and about a half dozen other highly popular Pokemon that are among Satoshi's reserves that would overshadow the rest of the lesser marketable Pokemon.

Pretty much.

If they bring back the reserves, it will just be the most notable ones.

Cptnmac1

I said this before, but I also think that Mary owning Morpeko if she ever appears in this series would make more sense than a cast member capturing one. Although I do wonder how Gou would handle Morpeko if he were to capture one himself: given its Pikachu clone status, it would probably join his main team like Hibanny.

I agree, with marnie's popularity and the fact that the current villainous team is directly tied to her, I feel like her appearance is just an inevitability and I'd be surprised if she doesn't have Morpeko. I'm guessing she might be one of ashs rivals during the world tournament so I wonder if they'll stick to her in-game team, give her a more varied team, or keep her dark type theme but give her Pokemon from regions other than galar

Zoruagible

Is there even going to be an English dub? Havent heard a thing about it

There was nothing about the Mewtwo movie for a ridiculous amount of time either, and we're finally getting that

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
There was nothing about the Mewtwo movie for a ridiculous amount of time either, and we're finally getting that
I’m convinced Netflix is the dub’s new home since no anime lasts on Disney XD

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Status
Not open for further replies.