• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Wasn't that how the TRio were dressed during the leon vs lance match? Maybe it's a manga chapter based on that episode
Yeah I think so. Was hoping it was from one of the episodes after episode 16

Red and Blue

Eventually there is going to be some competition with an Egg as a prize
If it's a battling one, I wonder how Gou is going to go far
Well he has some strong Pokemon after the Unova visit. Plus if episode 17 is anything to go by Scorbunny will finally learn a Fire move.

Of course if Go is going to get that Egg Ash needs to sit out

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
That would be nice. There's really no reason to keep it as a Rowlet anymore...
In fact Incineroar should have happened earlier, while Rowlet pulled the last minute evolution. Instead they basically just mocked the people that wanted him to evolve -_-

I don't know what they were waiting for back then when it came to Nyaheat evolving, then they had the nerve to leave Gaogaen and a few other SM Pokemon behind in Alola away from Satoshi's main stash of reserves in Kanto. It was a very strangely handled situation, and I really hope that Satoshi will reunite with his SM Pokemon and take them with him back to Kanto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kazuniya said:
You mean like winning the Orange League, the Battle Frontier and defeating several legendary/pseudo-legendary Pokemon? Not to mention countless gym leaders.

I agree that he wasn't always as much of an underdog as some people claim he was, even prior to him winning the Alola League. I suppose that most people wanted him to win more consistently, but I still thought that most of his previous achievements were worth it.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I agree that he wasn't always as much of an underdog as some people claim he was, even prior to him winning the Alola League. I suppose that most people wanted him to win more consistently, but I still thought that most of his previous achievements were worth it.
I honestly dunno what people want from Ash at this point. What else does he have to achieve to satisfy their needs? Become the Champion of Kanto? Would that be enough? Would becoming a Pokemon Master satisfy the thirst for Ash glory and perfection? I don't get it.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
What's with gyarados we saw it in episode 3 with tr

Actually, there was a Magikarp on the promo poster. If there's one Pokemon very easy to capture, that's Magikarp. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Go captures one and it evolves into Gyarados. Problem is, I don't see how Go will be able to control such atrocious Pokemon. Ash would suit better as trainer for a Gyarados, but Ash already has quite a lot of Water Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't know what they were waiting for back then when it came to Nyaheat evolving, then they had the nerve to leave Gaogaen and a few other SM Pokemon behind in Alola away from Satoshi's main stash of reserves in Kanto. It was a very strangely handled situation, and I really hope that Satoshi will reunite with his SM Pokemon and take them with him back to Kanto.

That is what I'm hoping for, I'd really like to see Incineroar get in a battle(Lycanroc robbed it of the final fight!). And it'd be nice to see Melmetal having more of an excuse to show up and go Giga, instead of getting singled out and brought back while the others are stuck there.

All of Ash's Pokemon ought to be in one place to begin with, saving the trouble of having to deal with VAs or bizarre placements like Squirtle happening to be at Oak's lab in the SM episode. People love to ***** and moan about Oak's being a graveyard but it's not like his Pokemon sit on their asses and do nothing. They train together and form bonds with his other Pokemon, like how all the birds do races with one another. Greninja(Praise Helix this is probably happening soon), Goodra, and the Alola Pokemon should be there or get transferred to Sakuragi's and then transferred to Oak's when Ash leaves

Leaving them elsewhere just risks somebody getting Primeape'd sooner or later

dman_dustin

(Lycanroc robbed it of the final fight!).

I disagree, Lycanroc did absolutely nothing in the Kukui battle, and it was the last chance to show off Splintered Stormshards (one of two of Ash's Pokemon that didn't get to use a Z-move at all during the league period; Naganadel at least used a Z-move with Kukui/Masked Royal) the other being Melmetal.

What I can agree with , is their insistence of not making one extra episode, so Kiawe and Ash could've had a 3 vs 3. Ash using Lycanroc, Melmetal, and Incineroar for example.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cptnmac1 said:
Knowing gyarados it's probably going to appear again since I don't think it would still be appearing in merch if it was referencing the gatcha one. Chances are we'll have a gyarados centric episode soon, maybe Go catches a magikarp

Given how frequently the writers rely on Gyarados as their go-to angry Water-type in most situations, I could see the Gyarados being an angry wild Pokemon in practically any of the upcoming episodes in a small appearance rather than it receiving an entire episode all to itself, assuming it's not meant to be Wataru's.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I honestly dunno what people want from Ash at this point. What else does he have to achieve to satisfy their needs? Become the Champion of Kanto? Would that be enough? Would becoming a Pokemon Master satisfy the thirst for Ash glory and perfection? I don't get it.

Turning 11 would be a good start, saying he's done all that he's done within a single year is starting to get ridiculous.

"Hi I'm Ash Ketchum, I've traveled through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, Sinnoh, Kalos, Alola, and participated in all the Pokemon Leagues. Won the Orange League, Kanto Battle Frontier challenge, Alola League, completed a full semester of Pokemon school, and traveled the entire world again and I'm not even 11 years old!"

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'll settle for him being written well, like we saw in episode two of the new series and then barely ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.