• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptnmac1

I've been thinking about something. Since there's some speculation that eevee might join the cast again this saga and that the shiny hunter from the golurk episode might become a recurring character and therefore a shiny Pokemon might get captured this saga, what if the eevee this time is shiny. It being shiny would differentiate it from that last 3 like how they made Lana's have a different hair style to make it stand out. With eevee's popularity and its standing as a secondary mascot with pikachu, im surprised that a shiny one hasnt appeared yet. There could be an episode where Karabari, ash and go compete to try and catch a shiny eevee.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Turning 11 would be a good start, saying he's done all that he's done within a single year is starting to get ridiculous.

"Hi I'm Ash Ketchum, I've traveled through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, Sinnoh, Kalos, Alola, and participated in all the Pokemon Leagues. Won the Orange League, Kanto Battle Frontier challenge, Alola League, completed a full semester of Pokemon school, and traveled the entire world again and I'm not even 11 years old!"
Ash is not going to turn 11 lol. Its a cartoon, 5 years could pass in a single series and he'll still be 10.

MegaSalamence05

My guess is that its going to be a Lake of Rage centric episode involving Lance potentially even like a Flashback to how he caught his Gyarados

Involving the Gyarados, and the legend of the Red Gyarados of Lake of Rage. Just a theory because they're region hopping for example. I can see it

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
For some time, it was mentioned the possibility of Ash capturing an Eevee. I don't say it's impossible, but if it ever happens, which evolution could get? In my opinion, it should be an evolution of Eevee that it's not one of the Types has the most. Let's see:

+ Vaporeon: Ash has a lot of Water types, so not a Vaporeon.
+ Flareon: Ash has many Fire Types, so not a Flareon.
+ Leafeon: Ash has many Grass Types, so not a Leafeon.

+ Jolteon: Not that I want to take away Pikachu's place, but I think it's about time Ash has another Eelctric Type after all this time.
+ Umbreon: A good choice, but I'm not sure if Ash has already many Dark Types.
+ Espeon: The Psychic Type is a good choice, but I don't know if it's too "feminine" for Ash.
+ Glaceon: A new Ice Type is another good choice.
+ Sylveon: A Fairy Type would be good, but just like Espeon, this one could look too feminine for Ash's style.

Personally, I think Jolteon, Espeon or Glaceon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MegaSalamence05 said:
My guess is that its going to be a Lake of Rage centric episode involving Lance potentially even like a Flashback to how he caught his Gyarados

I highly doubt that Wataru's coming back again when he already fulfilled his purpose a few weeks ago. If the Gyarados merchandise is meant to be related to him, then it's more likely that it's meant to represent the episode where he battled against Dande, rather than foreshadow an upcoming episode.

World Turtle

+ Umbreon: A good choice, but I'm not sure if Ash has already many Dark Types.
+ Espeon: The Psychic Type is a good choice, but I don't know if it's too "feminine" for Ash.
+ Glaceon: A new Ice Type is another good choice.

These would be my three picks.

About Ash's Dark types: He has 4 I think: Scraggy, Krookodile, Greninja, and Incineroar. It'd be 5 if Corphish evolved.

Cptnmac1

About Ash's Dark types: He has 4 I think: Scraggy, Krookodile, Greninja, and Incineroar. It'd be 5 if Corphish evolved.
If ash is going to end up with an eeveelution, I'd rather it be one that a major character hasn't had yet. Since both Gary and Gladion have an umbreon and May has a glaceon, espeon would be my pick

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ash getting Espeon would be a nice nod to the one his game counterpart had in GSC.

I thought the same thing. However, all things considered, Ash's Bulbasaur should have evolved already to Venusaur; and if Squirtle is back too, he should have evolved into Blastoise too. (I mean, come on! These two already have years and they have been promoting Ash with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur for a very very long time).

Almost forgot, someone mentioned previously about Ash getting a similar team to Drake from the Orange League for having a Dragonite and possibly capturing the Gengar. I have to admit, I thought something similar. However, I had another theory too: Ash having a team based on Kanto's Elite Four. You see:

+ Dragonite (Lance).
+ Gengar (Agatha).
+ Onix (Bruno): Drake also had an Onix, ironically. Ash could have captured an Onix several times in the past, and he can share his old buddie Brock's Pokemon, just like he shares Dragonite with Lance.
+ Lapras (Lorelei): I would like Ash's Lapras returning, and it has appeared in recent merchandise too. I can dream, can't I?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I thought the same thing. However, all things considered, Ash's Bulbasaur should have evolved already to Venusaur

You're not alone in thinking this, because I do recall a lot of speculation [especially during the XY era] that Fushigidane would return and evolve, although I personally don't see why that evolution theory is so popular to begin with given that out of all of Satoshi's reserve Pokemon, Fushigidane is arguably the one that has the lowest odds of evolving since it already made a formal decision not to evolve before.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
You're not alone in thinking this, because I do recall a lot of speculation [especially during the XY era] that Fushigidane would return and evolve, although I personally don't see why that evolution theory is so popular to begin with given that out of all of Satoshi's reserve Pokemon, Fushigidane is arguably the one that has the lowest odds of evolving since it already made a formal decision not to evolve before.

He didn't want to evolve at that moment, but that doesn't mean he hasn't change his mind after so many years. Besides, in many cases, Evolution for Pokemon can be compared to growing up, from a baby/kid to a teen to an adult. You can see a Pikachu old (Puka, the surfing Pikachu) because it needs a Thunder Stone to evolve, but you will never find a Pichu looking like an elder.

Besides, Bulbasaur's role as "peace ambassador" at Oak's Lab can be too much for him. If he evolved to Venusaur, it could be easier for him. Ash's Torterra could also help Bulbasaur into his duty.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
He didn't want to evolve at that moment, but that doesn't mean he hasn't change his mind after so many years.

That's the de facto argument that's always used, despite the fact that history shows us that clearly the writers feel differently given how much time has passed since Fushigidane made its decision not to evolve, and the fact that it still hasn't changed its mind. And its peacekeeper job obviously didn't require it to evolve before, so I find it hard to imagine why Fushigidane would need a boost in power via evolution in the future to continue doing its regular job.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
That's the de facto argument that's always used, despite the fact that history shows us that clearly the writers feel differently given how much time has passed since Fushigidane made its decision not to evolve, and the fact that it still hasn't changed its mind. And its peacekeeper job obviously didn't require it to evolve before, so I find it hard to imagine why Fushigidane would need a boost in power via evolution in the future to continue doing its regular job.

Well, we never thought Brock's Onix would ever Evolve to Steelix, and it ended up doing it off-screen. Cyndaquill seemed to be doomed to stay like that, but it finally evolved to Quilava after a lot of years. What I mean is, one way or another, writers can change their minds about something when we less expect. I'm simply prepared in case the unexpected happen.

dman_dustin

Well, we never thought Brock's Onix would ever Evolve to Steelix, and it ended up doing it off-screen. Cyndaquill seemed to be doomed to stay like that, but it finally evolved to Quilava after a lot of years. What I mean is, one way or another, writers can change their minds about something when we less expect. I'm simply prepared in case the unexpected happen.

Yes but if it was going to evolve in this generation, why wouldn't they have had it evolve in the 3rd episode, which was the prime episode for it to evolve.

Having Bulbasaur evolve in like 10-20 episode (for example) seems weird since they could've (or even should've done it), in an episode that revolved around the line evolving.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I thought the same thing. However, all things considered, Ash's Bulbasaur should have evolved already to Venusaur; and if Squirtle is back too, he should have evolved into Blastoise too. (I mean, come on! These two already have years and they have been promoting Ash with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur for a very very long time).

Almost forgot, someone mentioned previously about Ash getting a similar team to Drake from the Orange League for having a Dragonite and possibly capturing the Gengar. I have to admit, I thought something similar. However, I had another theory too: Ash having a team based on Kanto's Elite Four. You see:

+ Dragonite (Lance).
+ Gengar (Agatha).
+ Onix (Bruno): Drake also had an Onix, ironically. Ash could have captured an Onix several times in the past, and he can share his old buddie Brock's Pokemon, just like he shares Dragonite with Lance.
+ Lapras (Lorelei): I would like Ash's Lapras returning, and it has appeared in recent merchandise too. I can dream, can't I?

I'm not much a fan of Ash getting an Onix, I think Steelix should remain exclusive to Brock.
But... if they do the unthinkable and give Ash a Crystal Onix, then I'd accept an Onix. It'd be really cool to see the anime original form touched on more, and also some OI rep

dman_dustin

I'm not much a fan of Ash getting an Onix, I think Steelix should remain exclusive to Brock.
But... if they do the unthinkable and give Ash a Crystal Onix, then I'd accept an Onix. It'd be really cool to see the anime original form touched on more, and also some OI rep

If they were going to do something like that, wouldn't they want Gamefreak to create a special Pokemon that Ash catches, potentially maybe even a Galarian Onix type of Pokemon (which isn't going to happen probably because it already is in Galar as a normal Pokemon unless the new DLC areas can have the potential to have secret Galar forms of Pokemon already found in Galar proper).

But if it was going to be a special Onix (not that I want any other Kanto Pokemon after Gengar for Ash), I kind of would like a different typing than just rock/ground, I don't know how I feel about a SOLE aesthetic difference here, especially one that's basically anime only. Though maybe if it was crystal onix, maybe they can give it Diamond Storm (which I doubt because I don't think they'd stop Diancie having its signature move; as only normal Pokemon signature moves get spread to other Pokemon, legendary/mythical signature moves stay signature).

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

Pal, I said Ash catching an Onix, but at no moment I said that Onix should evolve to Steelix. Besides, considering the complication for Onix to evolve in the game, it doesn't surprise me Brock's Onix evolved off-screen. Tracey's Scyther is quite old, so we can be sure it will NEVER evolve to Scizor. All evolutions that require "special features" like objects or conditions can be avoided, those that happen naturally by friendsip or level, not so much.

Master Pikachu 11

+ Dragonite (Lance).
+ Gengar (Agatha).
I had the same theory after the new Gengar episode was revealed, but instead of Onix, I thought Ash would get Machamp since that is Bruno’s main Pokémon and it has been on merchandise, however, like some of have mentioned I would rather have Primeape return instead of him catching Machamp. So since you mentioned Onix instead, I find the idea of him owning a Onix to be intriguing. But we will see, most people want Gengar to be the final Kanto Pokémon and I don’t blame them. Bring back Larvitar as a Tyranitar and that will make my day.

nickdt

Ash only has three, since Greninja is released (As such, it doesn't count anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.