• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I maintain my theory that a year has more than 12 months on PokéEarth and that's why 10 year olds are considered adults (per Shudo's statements in the novel)

Dunno if that was a way for them to honor Shudo's vision of Ash but if it was then consider me impressed by how long they were willing to extend Ash's loser legacy.

Considering what he's said about Pallet Town in the novel, just his achievements up until his departure to Hoenn made him pretty sucessful. He's probably well-regarded and respected in his hometown

After reading the translations for the novel, I started to think the real reason Ash always finds a reason to get out of Pallet is that he doesn't want to call attention because, on his eyes, his achievements are too little compared to his dream

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For some time, it was mentioned the possibility of Ash capturing an Eevee. I don't say it's impossible, but if it ever happens, which evolution could get? In my opinion, it should be an evolution of Eevee that it's not one of the Types has the most. Let's see:

+ Vaporeon: Ash has a lot of Water types, so not a Vaporeon.
+ Flareon: Ash has many Fire Types, so not a Flareon.
+ Leafeon: Ash has many Grass Types, so not a Leafeon.

+ Jolteon: Not that I want to take away Pikachu's place, but I think it's about time Ash has another Eelctric Type after all this time.
+ Umbreon: A good choice, but I'm not sure if Ash has already many Dark Types.
+ Espeon: The Psychic Type is a good choice, but I don't know if it's too "feminine" for Ash.
+ Glaceon: A new Ice Type is another good choice.
+ Sylveon: A Fairy Type would be good, but just like Espeon, this one could look too feminine for Ash's style.

Personally, I think Jolteon, Espeon or Glaceon.
I doubt Espeon is too feminine for Ash. Leavanny is just as, if not more feminine than it. Plus Ash’s Pokémon have always had a variety of design elements.

He didn't want to evolve at that moment, but that doesn't mean he hasn't change his mind after so many years. Besides, in many cases, Evolution for Pokemon can be compared to growing up, from a baby/kid to a teen to an adult. You can see a Pikachu old (Puka, the surfing Pikachu) because it needs a Thunder Stone to evolve, but you will never find a Pichu looking like an elder.

Besides, Bulbasaur's role as "peace ambassador" at Oak's Lab can be too much for him. If he evolved to Venusaur, it could be easier for him. Ash's Torterra could also help Bulbasaur into his duty.

Yet we had an Elder Treecko. I am sure there were others but that's the only one I can remember right now.

The thing with Bulbasaur is it has been established as a formidable battler which puts the need of an evolution to question. What could possibly warrant an evolution when we know it is in league with the likes of Pikachu and Charizard? Plus this is the Anime which honors B Button and Release yet looks down upon trade.

One more thing, it is the #1 Pokemon. Why go for #2 or #3 when you the very first Pokemon in the dex? Obviously this point is for marketability sake.

I still don't understand Cyndaquil's evolution. It was a strong Pokemon yet they evolved it. Now I don't know if I can consider it among Ash's strongest Johto mons because as a Quilava it can go one more step to become stronger while earlier it was accepted as a strong mon as it was. If it became stronger with evolution then obviously there is a possibility of improving its strength. Thankfully there's no need of such confusion in Bulbasaur's case.

Sword master zacian

Typhlosion,feraligatr didn't appear in main series So they could evolve ash's quilava and totodile but totodile without evolving is good but it must learn more water type moves like hydro pump

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I still don't understand Cyndaquil's evolution. It was a strong Pokemon yet they evolved it. Now I don't know if I can consider it among Ash's strongest Johto mons because as a Quilava it can go one more step to become stronger while earlier it was accepted as a strong mon as it was. If it became stronger with evolution then obviously there is a possibility of improving its strength. Thankfully there's no need of such confusion in Bulbasaur's case.

it probably evolved due to HG/SS being out around the time that it did, and considering it was involved in 5 of Ash's jouto gym fights, I think it more than earned it, but it should've gone sooner I think.

if we're talking about questionable evolutions though, I can think of only one pokemon in particular that to this day I wonder if it should've evolved at all, that being Torterra.

As a Turtwig it picked up a lot of great wins, but then it evolves into grotle, and due to losing it's speed, was forced to change it's battle style which for a while worked, albeit it didn't fight as much...but then Rock Climb out of nowhere to attempt to restore mobility, it evolves into Torterra and never won a non TR fight from that point forward, I still don't get it.

Typhlosion,feraligatr didn't appear in main anome do they could evolve quilava and totodile but totodile without evolving is good

they actually did during one of the hoenn episodes, it was early on in the episode before Ash fought against Roxanne.

Feraligatr also appeared in the sumo episode during the jouto league.

Sword master zacian

As observation go hasn't caught any pokemon from main poster of the series (except scorbunny his ace ) he was going to catch cofafrigus in ep 14 but he didn't while ash catch pokemon present in poster only

The pokemon are either appearing in the ep as character of the day pokemon or are caught by ash like dragonite
I think ash will catch the pokemon present on poster other than galarr as there are very less mons of galar

But i would love ash having eevee,gengar,lucario,sobble,grookey,corviknight,gardevoir,flygon,zoroark and also magikarp

Although he is not going to catch all of them

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that if Ash gets an Eevee then he would have to keep it the way it is because of marketability.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Rillaboom is the least favorite fully evolved starter
Wait, really? I thought the Galar starters final forms were equally popular, or that Cinderace was the most popular ones

nickdt

Wait, really? I thought the Galar starters final forms were equally popular, or that Cinderace was the most popular ones

Nope. In the poll, Rillaboom got only 8.000 votes, while Cinderace got 26.000 and Inteleon got 20.000.

Zariful

That's the de facto argument that's always used, despite the fact that history shows us that clearly the writers feel differently given how much time has passed since Fushigidane made its decision not to evolve, and the fact that it still hasn't changed its mind. And its peacekeeper job obviously didn't require it to evolve before, so I find it hard to imagine why Fushigidane would need a boost in power via evolution in the future to continue doing its regular job.
I genuinely remember hearing that Bulbasaur just didn’t want to evolve in the original sub

World Turtle

it probably evolved due to HG/SS being out around the time that it did, and considering it was involved in 5 of Ash's jouto gym fights, I think it more than earned it, but it should've gone sooner I think.

if we're talking about questionable evolutions though, I can think of only one pokemon in particular that to this day I wonder if it should've evolved at all, that being Torterra.

As a Turtwig it picked up a lot of great wins, but then it evolves into grotle, and due to losing it's speed, was forced to change it's battle style which for a while worked, albeit it didn't fight as much...but then Rock Climb out of nowhere to attempt to restore mobility, it evolves into Torterra and never won a non TR fight from that point forward, I still don't get it.

Torterrra needs redemption. He should also learn Rock Polish.
Also Gible should come back and evolve to Garchomp.
Like if Ash were to bring back any Sinnoh Pokemon in should probably be these two.

esquilo09

As observation go hasn't caught any pokemon from main poster of the series (except scorbunny his ace ) he was going to catch cofafrigus in ep 14 but he didn't while ash catch pokemon present in poster only

The pokemon are either appearing in the ep as character of the day pokemon or are caught by ash like dragonite
I think ash will catch the pokemon present on poster other than galarr as there are very less mons of galar

But i would love ash having eevee,gengar,lucario,sobble,grookey,corviknight,gardevoir,flygon,zoroark and also magikarp

Although he is not going to catch all of them
Don't jinx it! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.