• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd like to see Tracey again since he worked for Professor Oak and should still be in Kanto somewhere. I never realized how much I missed him until he stopped appearing after Dp. :(

I wanna see him too. He didn't even get a cameo in SM!
Could at least say he was off with Daisy or something

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
Ash needs more psychic types than mimey

Is there any particular reason? I've never quite understood why Satoshi would need more than one Pokemon of each type on his team. In the case of this series, I'd only be okay with Satoshi getting a second Psychic-type if Barrierd acts more like a Fairy-type than a Psychic-type from now on.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have any particular feelings for Kenji, but he's probably one of the few characters who I feel deserves to appear again, mostly because he was a previous cast member who has been missing for quite some time.

dman_dustin

Is there any particular reason? I've never quite understood why Satoshi would need more than one Pokemon of each type on his team. In the case of this series, I'd only be okay with Satoshi getting a second Psychic-type if Barrierd acts more like a Fairy-type than a Psychic-type from now on.

This might be an issue of Mr. Mime is a very weird case, and doesn't really count, and people want Ash to have a psychic type that he works with for a good lengthy time in a generation.

Like catching Ralts in Hoenn for example.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Because Mr. mime is kinda an iffy situation rn. I'll rather he has a proper concrete psychic type

Red and Blue

This might be an issue of Mr. Mime is a very weird case, and doesn't really count, and people want Ash to have a psychic type that he works with for a good lengthy time in a generation.

Like catching Ralts in Hoenn for example.
He can still work with Mimey for the rest of Pocket Monster's run. No reason to think he would only use it to battle once.

It's already treated as his second Pokemon in merchandise

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Wouldn't a year have to pass by the time he fights Leon assuming the world cup is only yearly and not like monthly? I mean technically a year passed at least since Dawn was planning to do the Wallace Cup again in BW.

dman_dustin

He can still work with Mimey for the rest of Pocket Monster's run. No reason to think he would only use it to battle once.

It's already treated as his second Pokemon in merchandise

AT the moment, which can change, he only brought Mr. Mime with him because he needed two Pokemon and they didn't want to bother bringing back an old Pokemon for whatever reason.

Since he has Dragonite, he no longer needs to use Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime might be treated like one of Go's Pokemon that we only see at Sakuragi lab.

If he uses it more, great, but it's not like he's ever going to use it like he did Taillow, Treecko, Snivy, Oshawott, and we're already seeing this happening as the last Mr. Mime appearance was glaring at Gengar.

If Mr. Mime shows and is used by Ash against Gengar in the upcoming episode, maybe, but right now it seems more like a Sakuragi Lab Maid/Butler/Help than it does one of Ash's Pokemon that he takes with him, again the only exception was when he needed two Pokemon, but with Dragonite, it doesn't seem like he needs Mr. Mime any more.

But we'll just have to see.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
On the top of my head:

- Age.
- Use his reserves.
- Show off all he has learned throughout the years.
- Stop pretending he has never seen Pokemon he had already seen before.
- Recall the past, which is a wealth of conversation starters.
- Win leagues more often.
- MATURE ALREADY.
- Or at least get replaced by someone else to justify the focus on a 10-year(?) old and let the writers know he has overstayed his 20-year long welcome.

I mean:

- NOT going to happen.
- That's true.
- He does every now and then.
- He hardly, if not ever acts like he has never seen a Pokemon before. And don't give me him using his Pokedexes, because there can be new information sometimes.
- He does recall the past, rarely, but he does and just not lately. Why does he need to anyway? Is an episode going to be bad if he doesn't remember when he used a Haunter in his second and final Saffron City Gym battle?
- He gradually because stronger in order to win a league. He shouldn't have won a league so easily and now that he has won a game-cannon league, he can win more in the future, so give him the opportunity to possibly win some more leagues in the future.
- He's not THAT immature. He's just immature every now and then and it's likely that won't go away since he's still 10 years old.
- Why in the frick would they need to justify the focus on a 10-year-old and him overstaying his welcome is just your opinion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
Wouldn't a year have to pass by the time he fights Leon assuming the world cup is only yearly and not like monthly? I mean technically a year passed at least since Dawn was planning to do the Wallace Cup again in BW.

Whether a year passes doesn't matter in terms of the characters aging, though. The third Pikachu short marked at least a year having passed since Satoshi began his journey, yet he still didn't turn eleven.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Whether a year passes doesn't matter in terms of the characters aging, though. The third Pikachu short marked at least a year having passed since Satoshi began his journey, yet he still didn't turn eleven.
Pretty sure that was dubbed only so it should not count. Aging him would not hurt anyone kids could care less. I never cared he was ten as a kid I'd have been find watching even if he was older.

Cptnmac1

The magnet train was also said to be a year away from completion during johto and was then seen finished and fully operational at the end of BW implying over a year had passed.

At this point we just have to come to terms that even though years pass, no one ages

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Probably but it would be nice to maybe see more interactions between the Pallet town citizens and Ash. The place seems like a standard sized town but we only ever see Delia and Oak and occasionally background characters in crowd scenes like at the party after the Indigo league.

I kind wish we could get a filler where we see some of the kids from Pallet became fans of him.

I always just assumed that he was impulsive. I've actually always had a problem with that part of him, and especially the fact that he hardly visits his mother or stays in Masara Town for long on-screen in recent sagas. I really wish that his home base in this series had been Masara Town instead of Kuchiba City.

I used to think the same and have this whole situation as the one thing I don't like about him but after reading the novels, my mind really changed.

Ash does care for Delia. He just doesn't want to bother her or feel like a burden. He didn't talk about the shortcomings of his first day out there with Pikachu. She doesn't know about the Spearow fiasco. All that mattered to him was making sure she knew he's on Viridian already.

I particularly like the bit where Ash calls her to tell about the Boulder Badge and Shudos writes a later scene with Delia revealing she "just wanted to be remembered".

Their scenes on SM clearly kind of comunicate quite well with that small scene on Ash's room before his birthday. Ash feeling embarassed about his mom visiting him on the school was one of the few times he felt he was a kid on pre-school again (by the way would have loved to see a bit of how Ash was like on school. Shudo hinted he used to be bullied but was of the kind that rather than fight back, took matters to teachers. In this regard, Delia reminds me of my mom because she taught me the same lol)

Even on the ICY movie, despite being a different continuity, we have such scenes including a bit where Verity clearly seemed to assume Ash was a spoiled brat/momma's big baby (before ultimately being proven wrong hehe)

TL;DR He does care. He just wants her to know he is an independant man but will always remember her and make use of everything she taught.

Delia made Ash Ketchum the character we see today. An altrustic kid, who won't give up no matter the odds and shortcomings. Who will listen to people's problem and try to help them.

Delia is the True Heroine of this show (sorry Serena though you can keep that "Legendary Heroine" title; you are great too)

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
Pretty sure that was dubbed only so it should not count.

It wasn't dub-only. I saw the Japanese version of that Pikachu short, and a year having passed since Satoshi left Masara Town was explicitly mentioned in said version. The point is that time does pass in the anime, but it doesn't mean that the characters should be expected to age during that time. That's just how the Pokemon world is in the anime.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think TR will have that Chewtle and try to make it evolve and Giga it but Meowth will end up Giga-ing.
Tomorrow: I think Mankey and Cubone will be caught by Go
Ash get cursed: I think Go's Cascoon will evolve into Dustox and either: a) Ash catches Gengar, b) Go catches Gengar or c) Gengar leaves ( and once he comes back again in next 5-6 episodes Ash will catch it).
I don't think TR will catch it since TR would have that Chewtle and TR Gachat.

Konja7

In the case of Pokemon World Championship, it was mentioned by Go that the tournament of the Master Class is held every season.

So, there are only about three or four months between one tournament and the next.

The anime won't directly admit that a year should pass.

Konja7

It wasn't dub-only. I actually know what I'm talking about since I saw the Japanese version of that Pikachu short, and a year having passed since Satoshi left Masara Town was explicitly mentioned in said version. The point is that time does pass in the anime, but it doesn't mean that the characters should be expected to age during that time. That's just how the Pokemon world is in the anime.

I am sure there was a time in the anime when time passed. However, I doubt that this is the current situation.

It doesn't help that shorts or movies can have other writers that don't necessarily follow the anime (even the TV animet has contradicted itself).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Konja7 said:
In the case of Pokemon World Championship, it was mentioned by Go that the tournament of the Master Class is held every season.

So, there are only about three or four months between one tournament and the next.

The anime won't directly admit that a year should pass.

In the case of the Pokemon World Championship, assuming that Satoshi makes it that far, I expect it to occur without time being mentioned to have passed since the last one was held.

Konja7

In the case of the Pokemon World Championship, assuming that Satoshi makes it that far, I expect it to occur without time being mentioned to have passed since the last one was held.

Yeah. Exact time won't be mentioned.

However, it's already mentioned that a tournament between Master Class members is held each season. So, time has been recognized at some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.