• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinLorie

Riolu is going to be a baby pokemon, no battle experience. This is the perfect chance for Ash to train it against Go, Raboot vs Riolu? Or maybe Go decides to use some other pokemon at the lab, either way, it will benefit both trainers.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
I think that Ash will be crazy strong at the end of the world tournament

Strong enough to challenge Dande again at some point, although I'm still not convinced that he'd win just because he's set out to beat him. Even with all that strength, I imagine that he'll be reset somehow in the next series since power creep would be a big problem if Satoshi kept all his battling skills intact.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe it's because this series has an extreme amount of potential to be good, but somehow, its belief that its viewers will just stop watching after they get 3 or 6 years older than when they started watching (apparently the idea people have brought up) forces it to make Ash practically immortal and forgetful of memorable past events in a format that demands continuity in heavy doses that are dried up in the sun.

Let's be real. Seeing the series as a whole, it's like fan fiction in animated form but worse.

Tbh I am fine with Ash catching six pokemon first and use reserves later.

Red and Blue

Maybe it's because this series has an extreme amount of potential to be good, but somehow, its belief that its viewers will just stop watching after they get 3 or 6 years older than when they started watching (apparently the idea people have brought up) forces it to make Ash practically immortal and forgetful of memorable past events in a format that demands continuity in heavy doses that are dried up in the sun.

Let's be real. Seeing the series as a whole, it's like fan fiction in animated form but worse.
Hey we got continuity as recently as last week's episode with Ash being a legend at Vermilion City gym. We could get more references like that in future episodes

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I personally have no real problem with superpowers among some human characters, but it would irk me slightly if after all this time Satoshi's aura powers became relevant again just because he might have Riolu on his team. It'd be better if those powers remained dormant instead of them becoming a plot device from now on.
It is why i give riolu to Yellow and doesn't really feel like it fit Satoshi/Red too well anyway i mean it cool but feel like it for a sake of having more power to character whose do like having super strength (he carried big baby Pokemon and a log for god sake! )

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well it's a step in the right direction for me at least. Sucks that Galar has to share its focus with the other regions but I'll take the WC over another badge quest
Good for you. At least someone’s satisfied but I don’t see how you’re surprised with your initial post

After Riolu hatches, I still would like to see Ash with Sobble. Even if Greninja returns, I think it’d be nice for Ash to have a second fully evolved water starter since has 2 fully evolved grass starters and 3 fully evolved fire starters.

So maybe Ash’s team so far could be:
- Pikachu
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Riolu (eventually Lucario)
- Sobble (eventually Inteleon)
- rotating reserves including Mr. Mime

nickdt

After Riolu hatches, I still would like to see Ash with Sobble. Even if Greninja returns, I think it’d be nice for Ash to have a second fully evolved water starter since has 2 fully evolved grass starters and 3 fully evolved fire starters.

- Pikachu
- Dragonite
- Gengar

Thats the thing: If Ash gets Sobble, Greninja most likely won't return, since it will overshadow Sobble/Inteleon.

Red and Blue

That's the thing. He doesn't use reserves after Sinnoh. The rest are either his Kanto members making harmless cameos that don't help in his quest or they're forgotten in history.

Which is Kanto pandering, which is insulting considering Ash felt like he never visited Bell Tower before and how the strange combination of Piplup and Croagunk in Sinnoh didn't jog his memories. From what I get, the writers are willing to use Kanto pandering (minus Ash's Charizard despite a freaking Charizard being the main foe in this saga, ugh) but never recall things between Kanto and this series (we still don't know if Alola will suddenly get the middle finger or not...but it's been over 20 episodes).

Forget about using the trophies in his room as a ray of hope. That ray of hope has suddenly dimmed down into a kitchen's light going out.
To be honest I thought Piplup and Croagunk did qualify as a reference even though Ash didnt connect the dots himself. Seemed pretty on the nose to have those out of all the Sinnoh Pokemon.

At least Ash remembered Ho-oh

Similar to how the tournament in the Sword and Shield games are synonymous to the elite 4, the anime writers appear to be taking a similar approach with the anime having these ranked battles act as gym battles but whats interesting is this way it doesn't necessarily have to be only 8 important battles for Ash to advance. There could possibly be a bigger number of important battles leading to the World Championship. But what I think is interesting is that they could incorporate the Galar Gym leaders as either ranked battles leading up to the championship, or part of the championship itself with a portion of them being in the final 8. Honestly the way things are going they could take this in any direction. At first I was skeptical of the new formula but I'm loving it so far. I will say I hope Ash gets someone competing against him.

ShadowForce720

Thats the thing: If Ash gets Sobble, Greninja most likely won't return, since it will overshadow Sobble/Inteleon.

The only way Greninja would overshadow Sobble/Inteleon would be if it stayed with Ash on his team for the rest of the series. If Greninja returns it will probably be more for specific battles. Plus at the end of the day I doubt that even if Ash were to get a Sobble/Inteleon that it would somehow prevent Greninja from coming back.

If Ash’s Greninja is going to return this series then it will come back regardless of the Pokémon Ash May have with him at the time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash6K said:

- Pikachu
- Dragonite
- Gengar

For the time being I want to believe that Barrierd doesn't count as one of Satoshi's main Pokemon, as in it will only be used sparingly in case of an emergency or something if Satoshi's other Pokemon are suddenly unavailable. That's the only way I can rationalize Satoshi using it again in the future.

MegaSalamence05

For the time being I want to believe that Barrierd doesn't count as one of Satoshi's main Pokemon, as in it will only be used sparingly in case of an emergency or something if Satoshi's other Pokemon are suddenly unavailable. That's the only way I can rationalize Satoshi using it again in the future.

I just count Mimey as Delia's pokemon that was given to her after Ash caught Mimey. Mimey is presently doing its job as lab tech assistant at Sakuragi labs. The only reason why Mimey will be used is in the case of emergencies.

dman_dustin

I do wonder if Ash battles the Galar gym leaders, as Pokemon World Championships, that Ash won't also qualify for the badge and receive it from the gym leaders (since Ash defeated them) Perhaps even using the Galar league as a show of strength, even perhaps potentially getting people's attention in PWC by winning it.

I don't know though, I just think it would be interesting.

...So not similar at all. One requires 8 badges in a region, meaning 8 battles. The other requires beating people at higher or lower ranks in more than 8 battles around the globe (since regional traveling expenses don't exist) to advance or else losing one of said ranked battles only hinders you much more than losing a gym battle.
I shouldn't have used the word synonymous and I admit could of worded it better. But the main point was that they are taking a different approach (similar to SwSh did by not having an E4) but the end result will have the same value (Battling 4 trainers before battling Leon). So let me clarify, when I said "similar" I meant just the fact that its overall different from the usual formula but the value is about the same. The top 8 final tournament is basically the representation of typical league itself in terms of value this season/series (even if in literal terms its different because its titled the WORLD championship). With the ranked battles until then basically being equal to gym battles of this season/series ( but with a slight variation possibly regressing). Again similar in terms of value for this season/region not necessarily the format itself

esquilo09

You have prophesied it, and it shall have the same personality as Ash's Gengar.

Watch the battle with Visquez against Raichu and that will to be Ash's Lucario. Like Gengar it too will cackle like a maniac.
Gengar cackles like a maniac because it is mischievous and being mischievous is a trait to most Gengar, a Lucario's trait is usually being stoic, calm, having a cool demeanor or a mature behavior.

Red and Blue

I do wonder if Ash battles the Galar gym leaders, as Pokemon World Championships, that Ash won't also qualify for the badge and receive it from the gym leaders (since Ash defeated them) Perhaps even using the Galar league as a show of strength, even perhaps potentially getting people's attention in PWC by winning it.

I don't know though, I just think it would be interesting.
I don't want them to try and cram in both the League and WC into Ash's goal. The latter should be the main objective

Status
Not open for further replies.