• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I don't want them to try and cram in both the League and WC into Ash's goal. The latter should be the main objective

I'm not separating them though. I'm suggesting in order for Ash to challenge stronger foes, he has to defeat the Galar league for example.

I'm saying the league is a stepping stone within Ash's world championships goal.

Red and Blue

I'm not separating them though. I'm suggesting in order for Ash to challenge stronger foes, he has to defeat the Galar league for example.

I'm saying the league is a stepping stone within Ash's world championships goal.
Still I don't want Ash to bother with the Galarian League. He can face strong trainers without it. The only tournament I want to see is the Master class

Cptnmac1

Thats the thing: If Ash gets Sobble, Greninja most likely won't return, since it will overshadow Sobble/Inteleon.
Ash got tepig and charizard still came back in BW. As long as they don't bring greninja back fully to ashs team and he uses him for specific battles, I don't see a problem with ash having both of them

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash got tepig and charizard still came back in BW. As long as they don't bring greninja back fully to ashs team and he uses him for specific battles, I don't see a problem with ash having both of them
Charizard came back very late in the series and was almost never used.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So? Charizard still came back. Just because he wasn't used in a major way doesn't change the fact that ash had 2 fire starters on his team at once and it's possible to do it again now with 2 water starters
Greninja would completely overshadow Inteleon. It practically overshadowed Ash's entire team in XY, Pikachu included.

Cptnmac1

Greninja would completely overshadow Inteleon. It practically overshadowed Ash's entire team in XY, Pikachu included.
And yet when charizard returned in BW, it didn't overshadow anyone despite it being the most overshadowing Pokemon ash has. They probably would focus more on sobble but use greninja in the big battles where ash would need a powerhouse

Of course it overshadowed ashs team in XY, it was ashs main Pokemon, the same way infernape overshadowed ashs team in DP

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And yet when charizard returned in BW, it didn't overshadow anyone despite it being the most overshadowing Pokemon ash has. They probably would focus more on sobble but use greninja in the big battles where ash would need a powerhouse

Of course it overshadowed ashs team in XY, it was ashs main Pokemon, the same way infernape overshadowed ashs team in DP
With Greninja it was at ridiculous levels, considering the existence of Ash-Greninja. If Greninja then it will become the star again and the saga would become a complete repeat of XY. Greninja itself is also very popular due to a combination of its anime appearance and its appearance in Smash. Greninja itself was also voted the most popular Pokemon twice.

Zariful

So based on your track record, I’m gonna go on a limb and say that Greninja will return. Ash will potentially get Sobble and Inteleon. And he’ll make progress with said Sobble. Also if you still think this is an alternate universe, we’ve had multiple continuity reminders. And they’re bound to happen again. But you’re welcome to stick to your inaccurate theory.

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
I still think Ash should have a super power not an overpowered one but at least one that gives him an edge and sets him apart at least providing more realism to why Ash is defeating Anime Elite 4 later in this series (even defeating Champions)

And my theory earlier was that Ash would be overall sensitive to Pokemon as shown with Lugia, Dragonair already in the series, What would give Ash an edge and not be overpowered is if he can pick up on the strengths/desires/weakenesses of any Pokemon and use that to his advantage like picking up on a bipedal Pokemon being weaker in its left leg and forcing it to move in that way so Ash's Pokemon can get in a powerful strike, But perhaps not that because I don't know if Ash would take advantage of that information, though Ash has taken advantage of weak spits like Tyson#s Metagross, so who knows,

And its not overpowered because its not like this information would allow Ash an easy win ut could be the opposite, it could be made clear to Ash he doesn't have a good shot in winning but he could still use this information for training.

I'm definitely not okay with Ash launching aura spheres everywhere. Just a slight psychic sensitivity that Ash has already has shown off in non superhuman ways just more amplified.
The way you're describing this "power" sounds like your average psychic type trainer bond that they tend to have with their Pokemon which kind reminds me of Diantha with her Gardevoir and some that Ash already had with his Greninja except taken to the extreme and even with all of that, he still lost at times.

I personally have no real problem with superpowers among some human characters, but it would irk me slightly if after all this time Satoshi's aura powers became relevant again just because he might have Riolu on his team. It'd be better if those powers remained dormant instead of them becoming a plot device from now on.
Its been ages since DP but I think the only reason he was using it in the first place was to track the Aura sphere Riolu that was abducted by J and her cronies. I don't remember aura being that big of a deal at the time aside from movie continuity but I could be wrong.

Leonhart

Imagineer
HumanPokedex said:
Similar to how the tournament in the Sword and Shield games are synonymous to the elite 4, the anime writers appear to be taking a similar approach with the anime having these ranked battles act as gym battles but whats interesting is this way it doesn't necessarily have to be only 8 important battles for Ash to advance. There could possibly be a bigger number of important battles leading to the World Championship.

I think that keeping the number of important battles at 8 or at most 10 would be reasonable. This is just my two cents since I don't watch the anime for the battles in specific, so I can't say that I find the idea of major battles happening more often to be massively appealing, although I'd make an exception depending on who Satoshi's future opponents are if for instance they're in-game characters who never appeared before.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
After Riolu hatches, I still would like to see Ash with Sobble. Even if Greninja returns, I think it’d be nice for Ash to have a second fully evolved water starter since has 2 fully evolved grass starters and 3 fully evolved fire starters.

So maybe Ash’s team so far could be:
- Pikachu
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Riolu (eventually Lucario)
- Sobble (eventually Inteleon)
- rotating reserves including Mr. Mime

I'd like it if Greninja returned when Sobble's fully evolved, they could have a thing where Intelleon relapses into his anxiety after Greninja moves to the lab, feeling like he's being replaced by Greninja.

Thats the thing: If Ash gets Sobble, Greninja most likely won't return, since it will overshadow Sobble/Inteleon.

No it won't. Bulbasaur was around far longer than any of the other Kanto starters, yet guess which Johto starter evolved during that saga?
And Pignite/Charizard were just fine. Inteleon has a special form too, the only truly thing special about Greninja was that he was the first Water starter to actually go all the way.

You're the main one who said that Ash wasn't going to get Riolu or Incineroar yet here we are.
So I'm just going to put both of the other two starters on my check list now

lol
I hope Sobble isn't too far off, I don't want this to continue for months like the Riolu debate did

JoaquinLorie

Guys everything is possible. One thing happening or not, doesnt take away something else from happening or not. The writers can do anything, even have Greninja and Inteleon in the same party. Even have Ash get an Alolan Mr. Mime. Its just about probability, but there is always a chance of something happening.

This new anime is unpredicable, anyone's prediction has a chance of becoming true or being denied.

For example the egg. Munchlax? Not happening.
Tyrogue? Unlikely. Same with Grookey.
Sobble? He has a chance, if the writers want to truly troll us.
Riolu is the most likely based on the egg color and merchandise. Also the type of pokemon Ash is catching are strong, cool, popular ones.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm not ready to write off Pokemon 2019 when it comes to characterization... if there's any one point it excels at without question, it's how lively Go's and especially Ash's team members are. Maybe Ash's potential Lucario could be stoic per the species norm, but given Dragonite's, um, caring nature and Gengar's mischievous nature... that might just add a nice touch to the mix. Mr. Mime seems to have been moved to the background again, but that was a fun little moment it got XD

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
That's what makes the Riolu/Lucario scenario so boring to me. We can already estimate how it'll act within the cast based on previous individuals that we've seen, so it's almost like the species won't bring anything original to the table.

Yeah, because Cameron's was really stoic instead a keet out of battle and Korrina's wasn't a bloody knight with a temper. And Kukui's last minute lucario wasn't his ace and basically irrelevant, so, yeah, a lucario doesn't need to be a star everytime, Ash's one could be a bumbling crying mess trying to be strong, for all I care. Really, if Ash is getting one, I just want this ends soon and move on. There's lucario merchandising in june/july, so it's probably evolving by that time. I don't even like the starters this gen, I do prefer the writers decide whatever they want and call off the day.

I'm not ready to write off Pokemon 2019 when it comes to characterization... if there's any one point it excels at without question, it's how lively Go's and especially Ash's team members are. Maybe Ash's potential Lucario could be stoic per the species norm, but given Dragonite's, um, caring nature and Gengar's mischievous nature... that might just add a nice touch to the mix. Mr. Mime seems to have been moved to the background again, but that was a fun little moment it got XD

It could be a girl riolu/lucario. Every member of the species until now was treated as male. Doubtful, though.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd be pretty pissed off if after all this build up Ash doesn't even get to challenge Leon in an official battle. They have to battle again even if Ash loses.

I'd be pretty pissed if Ash lost to Leon.
All that time wasted, with likely no rewards at all to show for it unlike his badges
Not to mention I've always hated Leon(and his dumb brother), I don't want him retaining that title. Bad enough the games remind you that he's 'unbeatable and owns a Charizard' every five minutes.

I have a question, why is Ash wasting time visiting other regions when he is supposed to be exploring Galar? Why is he catching fan favorites all of a sudden from previous regions? I don't like the new direction. At least, make him see his old friends, it would make it a lot more enjoyable than what we have now.

Nothing wrong with the Pokemon he's catching, it's quite refreshing to see him capturing Pokemon that aren't to promote the newest region/games. So long as he still gets 5 Galar Pokemon, it's fine.

I do agree with the Galar focus though, it's really annoying. As incredibly boring and overused as Melemele was, at least they were in Alola. I hope they make Ash challenge the Galarian gym leaders, all of them, for the PWC. It's the best way at showcasing Dynamax more(Especially as he now owns another Pokemon who can Gigantimax, and he could potentially get more) and boost up his ranking while properly showing off Galar.

Konja7

Nothing wrong with the Pokemon he's catching, it's quite refreshing to see him capturing Pokemon that aren't to promote the newest region/games. So long as he still gets 5 Galar Pokemon, it's fine.

I do agree with the Galar focus though, it's really annoying. As incredibly boring and overused as Melemele was, at least they were in Alola. I hope they make Ash challenge the Galarian gym leaders, all of them, for the PWC. It's the best way at showcasing Dynamax more(Especially as he now owns another Pokemon who can Gigantimax, and he could potentially get more) and boost up his ranking while properly showing off Galar.

Honestly, I think Ash will only have 6 Pokemon this season, since he focus on battles. Also, I don't think will use more Pokemon that can Gigantimax as Pikachu will be the Pokemon for this.

The aspect of catching a lot of (Galar) Pokemon will probably be for Go.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Honestly, I think Ash will only have 6 Pokemon this season, since he focus on battles. Also, I don't think will use more Pokemon that can Gigantimax as Pikachu will be the Pokemon for this.

The aspect of catching a lot of (Galar) Pokemon will probably be for Go.

Didn't they release a bunch of GMAX Gengars to celebrate Ash catching Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.