• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
I also would love to see Ash get an Inteleon if solely for the fact that I wanna see Ash use G-Max Hydrosnipe.

I'd love to see the anime's take on THAT lol!

While it would make sense for a main character to showcase the species' Kyodaimax form since we can assume that someday Gou might showcase Aceburn's Kyodaimax form, I wouldn't necessarily want Satoshi to own an Intereon for that sole purpose. And since I don't find the species appealing to begin with, I'd feel like its presence in the cast would be purely gimmick based.

dman_dustin

He can challenge gym leaders and other strong trainers without needing to oficially join the league
The latest episode showed that

I'm arguing that someone of a higher rank outright refuses to battle Ash UNTIL he proves his worth by winning the Galar league.

I'm not arguing that the writers sneakily kill two birds with one stone although technically that's what this still would be, but I mean there would be an actual in-universe reason rather than Ash shrugging his shoulders "why not?"

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Similar to how the tournament in the Sword and Shield games are synonymous to the elite 4, the anime writers appear to be taking a similar approach with the anime having these ranked battles act as gym battles but whats interesting is this way it doesn't necessarily have to be only 8 important battles for Ash to advance. There could possibly be a bigger number of important battles leading to the World Championship. But what I think is interesting is that they could incorporate the Galar Gym leaders as either ranked battles leading up to the championship, or part of the championship itself with a portion of them being in the final 8. Honestly the way things are going they could take this in any direction. At first I was skeptical of the new formula but I'm loving it so far. I will say I hope Ash gets someone competing against him.

The Galar gym leaders being involved in Ash's ranked battles quest seems like it's gonna happen one way or another. There's no way the writing staff will skip a chance to show the new gym leaders.

esquilo09

I have this guilty pleasure wish of seeing Ash with Rillaboom, Toxtricity, and Obstagoon and having them get into a rock and roll battle.
Ash won't catch Toxtricity, the writers never allowed him to catch an Electric type, they only allowed him to have Melmetal and Naganadel to share Thunderbolt.

ShadowForce720

I'm arguing that someone of a higher rank outright refuses to battle Ash UNTIL he proves his worth by winning the Galar league.

I'm not arguing that the writers sneakily kill two birds with one stone although technically that's what this still would be, but I mean there would be an actual in-universe reason rather than Ash shrugging his shoulders "why not?"

That would seem like a completely unnecessary way just to force Ash to do the gym challenge. Especially when you consider the fact that if a trainer tried to do that restriction Ash could just go and challenge someone else instead.

Plus there really isn’t any actual reason for Ash to have to do the Gym Challenge when he can just fight the Gym Leaders in the PWC without doing the Gym Challenge not only that it would also mean that if he did the Gym Challenge and actually challenge the league then he would be wasting his time fighting people that aren’t even in the PWC.

Plus it would seem pretty ridiculous for someone to try to say that Ash has to beat the Galar League just so that one person of a higher rank accepts his battle, if anything it would just be a waste of Ash’s time.

Look I get that you might want Ash to enter the Gym Challenge but at this point there isn’t any reason for him to enter it and it would just be redundant and a waste of time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
Ash won't catch Toxtricity, the writers never allowed him to catch an Electric type, they only allowed him to have Melmetal and Naganadel to share Thunderbolt.

I agree that the odds of them allowing Satoshi to get another Electric-type are slim, which is why I'd rather see that species be caught by Gou instead. That seems like a good compromise.

dman_dustin

That would seem like a completely unnecessary way just to force Ash to do the gym challenge. Especially when you consider the fact that if a trainer tried to do that restriction Ash could just go and challenge someone else instead.

Ash is rank 100 or even 10. In order to rank up he has to battle Rank 99 or Rank 9, that particular individual refuses to battle Ash until he can prove his worth by beating the Galar league, maybe because the person in question only believes a Galar league winner deserves to challenge them, if only because losing to Ash means they get kicked out of the class and they have a thing for Galar league winners.

Multiple people CANNOT have the same rank, and it could be very possible, Ash isn't ALLOWED to go up a class unless he defeats the last ranking person of that class. Ash can't skip to rank 98 for example if he's walled by rank 99, especially when talking about a new class that Ash has to enter, since I believe there has to special rules to entering a new class.

That's typically not how ranking systems work, unless we're talking about tournaments to decide what ranking people have (like Leon being rank #1 because he defeated Lance). But if Ash is going to be moving up into a higher class of ranked numbers, he HAS to defeat the lowest ranked member in order to gain access TO that rank before he can start scaling up those ranks.

It works like you suggest in the basic class, because there's over 10,000 people. So Ash can battle someone at Rank 3000 and if not Rank 2988. Just like I assume when Ash is rank 99 he can battle someone of rank 88 skipping a whole lot of trainers in the process, so long as he's in the same bracket of ranks.

Red and Blue

If they let Naganadel know a Electric type move they can easily give Ash another Electric type. Especially if it has a different secondary typing

dman_dustin

It should be noted Gengar isn't being treated like a Poison Type, so it could mean that Ash could get an actual poison type in the future that focuses more on the poison typing.

The only poison types I can imagine are:

- Drapion
- Scolipede
- Garbodor
- Toxtricity

There sure as hell aren't a lot of poison types beyond Generation 1 Pokemon, is there?

ShadowForce720

Ash is rank 100 or even 10. In order to rank up he has to battle Rank 99 or Rank 9, that particular individual refuses to battle Ash until he can prove his worth by beating the Galar league, maybe because the person in question only believes a Galar league winner deserves to challenge them, if only because losing to Ash means they get kicked out of the class and they have a thing for Galar league winners.

Multiple people CANNOT have the same rank, and it could be very possible, Ash isn't ALLOWED to go up a class unless he defeats the last ranking person of that class. Ash can't skip to rank 98 for example if he's walled by rank 99, especially when talking about a new class that Ash has to enter, since I believe there has to special rules to entering a new class.

That's typically not how ranking systems work, unless we're talking about tournaments to decide what ranking people have (like Leon being rank #1 because he defeated Lance). But if Ash is going to be moving up into a higher class of ranked numbers, he HAS to defeat the lowest ranked member in order to gain access TO that rank before he can start scaling up those ranks.

It works like you suggest in the basic class, because there's over 10,000 people. So Ash can battle someone at Rank 3000 and if not Rank 2988. Just like I assume when Ash is rank 99 he can battle someone of rank 88 skipping a whole lot of trainers in the process, so long as he's in the same bracket of ranks.

That makes no sense as it’s not the trainers that decide how the rules work. Also even if there are special rules it makes no sense for Ash to have to waste his time doing the Gym Challenge and beating the Galar League which would mean he has to fight a bunch of trainers that aren’t even in the PWC.

Also that trainer could just keep making up excuses as to why Ash can’t challenge them. If anything if there is a special rule about ranking up to the next class it’s probably has a clause that says the trainer in 99 rank position or a similar position have to accept the challenge of the person trying to rank up into that class and if that person in the 99 rank position or similar position refuses to battle it will be treated as a automatic forfeit.

Really what your saying would basically make the person in the higher position just decide to be a jerk.

Last edited:

SerenaRulez

If Ash continues his "cool" Pokemon catching streak, then probably his next catch is Zoroark or Umbreon , hell it could even be Garchomp lol

Well he already has Gible so Garchomp wouldn't be so surprising. I think I would rather see Cynthia appear with her own Garchomp instead just because I really liked her character and want an excuse to see her again. :p

SerenaRulez

I also agree with the never say never thing. They gave him a UB. A Mythical. So why not. Toxtrictiy would be cool pokemon to see on his team. So i do hope he gets it.

Why does Ash have to get it just because it's considered cool which is a subjective term anyways? There are so many Pokemon that people think are cool so using that as a buzz word for why Ash should get Toxtricity doesn't make a good argument. :(

dman_dustin

That makes no sense as it’s not the trainers that decide how the rules work. Also even if there are special rules it makes no sense for Ash to have to waste his time doing the Gym Challenge and beating the Galar League which would mean he has to fight a bunch of trainers that aren’t even in the PWC.
This all started when I said if it was possible if the Galar Gym leaders would just give Ash their badge for winning their PWC just as a nice bonus, which could then allow

There could also be a clause that states that the Galar Gym League Conference, requires an additional rank of PWC inclusion to be counted, especially since we assume that the anime implied Leon actually defeated the anime Galar league, since PWCs seem to heavily been Galar inspired (even if it was mentioned earlier than 8th generations) the structure takes heavily Galar inspiration especially with Leon, and thus the Galar league could require PWC ranks to enter as well as gym badges, to show that you've defeated the 8 Galar gym leaders who will clearly have PWC. ***NOTE*** For PWC rank you just need to register, I'm not saying you have to have a high rank to enter

This isn't like Lt. Surge having his own PWC rank retconned after the badge. This is a concept of a gym leader having a PWC at the exact same time as having a gym badge. In fact it might be a rule that Galar gym leaders can only give badges to PWC challengers, because again if you're going to have badges introduced at the same exact time as ranks, and NOT a retcon, it's really hard to separate the two.

At least prior to generation 8, the other regions had excuses, but they shook way too much with this, to reasonably believe that a Galar gym leader could be separate from PWCs. It works for other regions, not quite the case with Galar and the way its set up, especially since Sword and Shield don't even have the concept of an Elite Four, just champion Leon.

Also that trainer could just keep making up excuses as to why Ash can’t challenge them. If anything if there is a special rule about ranking up to the next class it’s probably has a clause that says the trainer in 99 rank position or a similar position have to accept the challenge of the person trying to rank up into that class and if that person in the 99 rank position or similar position refuses to battle it will be treated as a automatic forfeit.

Really what your saying would basically make the person in the higher position just decided to be a jerk.

Given we're talking about the last rank of a person in a class, that they will be out of the class, I do think they should reserve special rights to deciding who battles them, the same way a gym leader gets to decide who gets to battle them (through some kind of test) or even the Island Kahuna's would you need to do a set trial to be approved a battle.

The test in this case, is winning the Galar league. Don't you think if you're the last ranked person of a high class, that you should be able to prove the person is worthy of usurping your rank through some kind of challenge, after all you will lose that rank and you will be dropped in a lesser class if you lose, you should reserve the right to prove that person deserves to challenge you to begin with, to show that they have what it takes to earn the right to battle you. You wouldn't want the weakest Rank 100 trainer battling you and somehow defeating you by random luck/chance, and then lose your rank, do you? Or do you want someone who can possibly get much higher in the ranks?

So in other words do you want to lose your rank and class against someone who barely beats you, or someone who has a chance to climb much higher than you?

Red and Blue

Ash would have already proven himself to the ninth ranked trainer by actually defeating experienced trainers to reach the tenth rank. He doesn't need to defeat a league to show his skill. It's redundant

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Question for you all: considering Raboot's interest in battles, what is the possibility of Go challenging gyms at some point in the future? Considering gyms are no longer Ash's focus, perhaps someone else could take them on. Now, I'm not suggesting Go's goal switches from catching Pokemon to winning a League, but perhaps it could be something additional for his character (plus, it would be nice to have more battles in this show and let us see more of Galar).

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.