• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
aipomadvanceshipper said:
Do you think after go resolves everything with raboot he will start having a full team and battling

I think he might battle more, but mostly against the Rocket-dan and other minor opponents. I don't see him changing his goal and deciding to battle more competitively, though.

Sword master zacian

So besides Sobble, any other pokemon that Ash is strongly predicted to get?
I think most confirmed are sobble, grookey,kubfu
Others also confirmed almost is tyranitar,eevee By merchs

As for kubfu i am getting feeling its personality will be just like riolu always wants to battle and train

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Lol, Sobble is the only confirmed mon that Ash is going to get. Everything else is just noise right now
Yep, Ash asks Sobble to join his team in the upcoming episode preview.
The new ending doesn't confirm anything. Ash getting Grookey is possible, but not confirmed yet.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Is this just a list of which ones could evolve or a wishlist of those that you think will evolve? We'll be lucky if even one of these Pokemon evolves since the Oak'd reserves seem as neglected in this series as ever. I really like Floatzel though so I'd pick Buizel to evolve.

After the case of naganadel evolving offscreen i wouldn't be surprised if many of the pokemon in oak's lab have also evolved by now, we know that they train amnog themselves.

Poke'fan68

Just by evolving his old mons, Ash can have
Blastoise/Wartortle
Venusaur/Ivysaur
Meganium
Typhlosion
Croconaw/Feraligatr
Crawdaunt
Floatzel
Garchomp/Gabite
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott/Dewott
Gigalith
Scrafty
Seismitoad
Decidueye/Dartrix
Lucario

Although most of these are starters, it can turn Ash’s forgotten pokemon like Boldore/Palpitoad/Corphish into powerhouses. Or give him fan favourites like Garchomp.

I could see all of them evolving if they return except for Bulbasaur and Rowlet since Bulbasaur chooses not to evolve and Rowlet has that stupid everstone so besides those two all of Ash's Pokemon could come back and fully evolve or already be fully evolved

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Prof. Willow could appear in the last episode of the series and hire Go to work as his assistant and write him off the show that way

I like that idea... And they can make him someone from the Sevii Islands... LOL...

I don't think Professor Willow will show up but Professor Magnolia should. Once Sonia appears I bet Magnolia will get a cameo at the very least.

Prof. Magnolia already appeared in a TV show... For sure she will appear soon since majority of the game characters shown in this series are the main NPCs from SwSh...

The idiots with the dumb hairdos are probably going to get the same treatment Emma, Zinnia, and Anabel got. Nothing

As for Willow, no thanks. The new Rocket members would be cool though

I wonder what happened to Cassidy and Butch...

I have some doubts about some of those characters appearing, and the only ones that I think have a solid chance of appearing are Rose and Olive. On that note, I remember some people speculating that Gou was Rose's son before we saw his family a few episodes ago. I sort of wish that the theories had come true.

Should Rose appear, I wonder if they'll show his "evil" side in the anime as it is in the games... And oh, I have a feeling that should he appear, he will also be the chair for the PWC aside from the Galar League...

Team Yell was pitiful in the games so I would be totally okay if they don't appear. Squidward and Shielbert have cool character designs so they had better appear in future Galarian episodes.

Can be another Team Skull... They made Guzma a strong trainer in the anime... Piers is more believable to be made as a strong trainer in the anime, given Raihan being one of the best trainers in the PWC... Same with Marnie...

But is Yell even criminals? They are just a bunch of punks who are rooting for someone from their town and being a bit exagerated about it.

It's almost like saying Gary's cheerleaders were criminals :p

Not really... Even Team Skull was not portrayed as criminals in Alola...

As long as they don't focus mainly in Galar Region, forget about it.

Aside from Kanto, this series seems to pander Galar as well...

Both go and ash’s personality is developing

I really hope they'll show development from Prof. Sakuragi and Koharu as well, especially the former... We have yet to see an episode focused on him...

I think that some more old characters will appear if they're popular enough with fans.

Expect other champs like Cynthia and Steven...

I think if there's one surprising Character it should be Brandon with a full regi team.

That would be cool... He might deal Ash's first loss in another Class?

If Ash catches an electric type, would you rather it be Toxtricity or Zeraora?

Toxtricity would be fine...

Rotom.

He now has a second Rotom in Pokedex form that he should catch the one in his phone and occasionally use it in battle.

Showing a non-battle Rotom form in a battle would be cool...

Do you think after go resolves everything with raboot he will start having a full team and battling

He might start soon... But there has to be a solid reason, it's quite unconvincing for him to be battle-interested all of a sudden... From what I see, he doesn't seem to understand that he needs to battle Mew in order to capture it...

Paree

Is this just a list of which ones could evolve or a wishlist of those that you think will evolve? We'll be lucky if even one of these Pokemon evolves since the Oak'd reserves seem as neglected in this series as ever. I really like Floatzel though so I'd pick Buizel to evolve.
This is the list of all the pokemon which can evolve.
I really like Floatzel as well. Buizel should have evolved in DP imo.
I thought Seismitoad and Gigalith will be cool since this series is vaguely based on Ranked Wifi battles in games and both are good in competitive.

ShadowForce720

The ones which were shown in SM are the most susceptible to stay as they are (Bulbasaur, Totodile, Corphish, Squirtle)...

I wouldn’t say that as Bulbasaur and Squirtle were probably just chosen because they were gen 1 starters and as for Totodile and Corphish it was probably more that they just fit in with the scene. Regardless I doubt that Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile, and Corphish appearing in SM has any impact on wether they are going to evolve or not.

Paree

Bulbasaur and Rowlet most probably wont evolve. For Rowlet tho, they can just make it forget seed bomb and learn another move for it or it evolves when that everstone it uses is out of its mouth or something like that.

World Turtle

Given we’re dealing with fictional characters and not real people if the anime staff or their bosses want to evolve any of Ash’s Pokémon even Bulbasaur and Rowlet they will.

They could just say “Bulbasaur changed his mind” and Rowlet just needs to lose the everstone some how.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sidagam said:
Kubfu would make sense for Ash, but there is absolutely nothing concrete suggesting it will join Ash's team. Puuuuure speculation at this point

Other than Dakuma being a new Pokemon from the upcoming Shield and Sword expansion pack, I don't think it would really serve much of a role outside of being a promotional tie-in. But even from a marketing standpoint, I don't think that Satoshi needs Dakuma since any other character could showcase it. Now that he has Riolu, I figure that Dakuma would be even more pointless on his team since it wouldn't contribute any original type coverage.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I could see all of them evolving if they return except for Bulbasaur and Rowlet since Bulbasaur chooses not to evolve and Rowlet has that stupid everstone so besides those two all of Ash's Pokemon could come back and fully evolve or already be fully evolved
Also squirtle, totodile, corphish and maybe oshawott between the not probable to evolve. Between them, squirtle and bulbasaur are already too iconic to change now, and the others, dunno, Ash have many evolved pokemon by now, some of them can avoid of evolutions.

After the case of naganadel evolving offscreen i wouldn't be surprised if many of the pokemon in oak's lab have also evolved by now, we know that they train amnog themselves.

I don't think any Pokemon should evolve off-screen. A Pokemon is supposed to share a bond with its trainer and they both work together to earn that evolution.
It was fine in Nagandel's case but I don't want to see it done to Oak's Pokemon especially the mons that don't even need to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.