• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are going with PWC I think once in a while we will a new trainer challenging Leon. We already have three trainers in the Top 8 that aren't anime exclusive. As new trainers challenge Leon the Top 8 will get filled with known characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these trainers is Paul. It is possible with how the series is going plus I want to see how much his character has changed/developed.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Just by evolving his old mons, Ash can have
Blastoise/Wartortle
Venusaur/Ivysaur
Meganium
Typhlosion
Croconaw/Feraligatr
Crawdaunt
Floatzel
Garchomp/Gabite
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott/Dewott
Gigalith
Scrafty
Seismitoad
Decidueye/Dartrix
Lucario

Although most of these are starters, it can turn Ash’s forgotten pokemon like Boldore/Palpitoad/Corphish into powerhouses. Or give him fan favourites like Garchomp.
You forgot Servine. Ash's is still a Snivy!!

Decidueye23

For me personally snivy was ashs most badass pokemon in Unova. I was super disappointed that it didnt evolve so i hope it does evolve this time around should it return

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Is it wrong to want to see Zinnia and Anabel over Brock and Misty?

Anabel would be really interesting considering that she has a whole new drastic redesign and role as of Gen 7.

She's no longer a Frontier Brain but instead working alongside Looker and has no recollection of her past. (She also seems a bit older now too)

If she shows up in the anime again, I wonder if they will even acknowledge that?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Anabel would be really interesting considering that she has a whole new drastic redesign and role as of Gen 7.

She's no longer a Frontier Brain but instead working alongside Looker and has no recollection of her past. (She also seems a bit older now too)

If she shows up in the anime again, I wonder if they will even acknowledge that?
Ash and Gou get transported to an AU Alola. Maybe the world where the guy with Zeraora was could work

Juaquin

The Chosen One
where is the evidence for kubfu? and does he really serve a purpose with lucario on his team as a fighting type? although i like the idea of ash and go getting one with ash getting the single strike style

nickdt

where is the evidence for kubfu? and does he really serve a purpose with lucario on his team as a fighting type? although i like the idea of ash and go getting one with ash getting the single strike style

tbh, Single Strike Style is the only one that fits, since Rapid Strike Style will overlap with 2 typings (One Ash has and one that is for 95% confirmed).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I figure that Jindai appearing would be very likely given those new Regi Pokemon that will be included in the Shield and Sword expansion pack. Even though he no longer owns members of the Regi trio, I still think he might appear to investigate the new Regi Pokemon.
Also Battle Frontier was already mentioned in the new series, even if not the Kanto one

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Also Battle Frontier was already mentioned in the new series, even if not the Kanto one
Was it? I just know a small tournament with the term was used.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The tournament took place at the Battle Frontier in Hoenn.
But it didn't it was simply using the name two seperate things

Sword master zacian

There is no evidence of kubfu caught by ash . But there is also a point that rhey just can't deny kubfu and leave it untouched
They will promote isle of armor in some way
It will not go to go because it a battling pokemon always wants to train and battle and go will not give it battle and train that much.

Kubfu is like the poipole of sword and shield games
I dont see a coTd challenging the towers and becoming strong and ash just looking and didn't take part
There is in my opinion 90% chance for kubfu to ho to ash
And i think kubfu will be the one to break the biggest trend of ash not getting legendary and it definately would be strong
I predict lucario/riolu would be mentor of kubfu if it goes to ash's team
Nothing to say about type overlap now because he had 3 ground types and 2 flying in sinnoh and 3 flying 2 dragons in kalos and many more in every region except some
Why not two fighting type in new series and evolve into dark type one single strike

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
But Anabel is a frontier brain in Hoenn. Even if they established the BF being in Kanto, in the games it's in Hoenn. Or am I wrong?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I dont think any of Ash's pokemon will evolve offscreen.
Nagandel was a special case since it was released.
This. Keep it to learning moves off screen (even his current party does that like with X Scissor Hawlucha)

nickdt

There is no evidence of kubfu caught by ash . But there is also a point that rhey just can't deny kubfu and leave it untouched
They will promote isle of armor in some way
It will not go to go because it a battling pokemon always wants to train and battle and go will not give it battle and train that much.

Kubfu is like the poipole of sword and shield games
I dont see a coTd challenging the towers and becoming strong and ash just looking and didn't take part
There is in my opinion 90% chance for kubfu to ho to ash
And i think kubfu will be the one to break the biggest trend of ash not getting legendary and it definately would be strong
I predict lucario/riolu would be mentor of kubfu if it goes to ash's team
Nothing to say about type overlap now because he had 3 ground types and 2 flying in sinnoh and 3 flying 2 dragons in kalos and many more in every region except some
Why not two fighting type in new series and evolve into dark type one single strike

Considering the referee (Dan) has Aegislash as his main Pokemon, i don't think Leon has one. So he can easily have a Kubfu, especially if you take in mind who his teacher is/was.

Red and Blue

I dont think any of Ash's pokemon will evolve offscreen.
Nagandel was a special case since it was released.
Why can a Pokemon evolve offscreen but not when they are at the lab? We saw in DP that some of Ash's reserves learned new moves while Ash was away. If they can do that they can certainly evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.