• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinLorie

Since when has bad writing ever stopped the writers from making questionable choices in the anime? If they can have one of Ash's Pokemon evolve offscreen once they can do it again with one of his reserves

That pokemon was not Ash's anymore. Your argument is invalid. Highly doubt his reserves will evolve offscreen. Moves are cool offscreen, like Noctowl in Sinnoh league was cool with the new moves.
Seems like you just want to be contradictory without proof.

1100 episodes and no offscreen evolutions from Ash's pokemon. Not that it cant happen, but it probably wont. Also, that isnt something people in general want to happen.

I think the pokemon anime is good enough and the writing too. Not like we can do much.

ShadowForce720

Kairyu is part of the Kanto pandering trend, and it might eventually become a powerhouse. It also gives Satoshi some extra type coverage, something that a pure Fighting-type like Dakuma wouldn't.

Um just pointing this out but Palpitoad, Krookodile, Scraggy, and Oshawott all shares each of their typing with another Pokémon on the Unova team, so I’m not seeing how Ash having a Riolu would prevent him from getting a Kubfu especially considering that when Kubfu evolves it becomes a Dual type Pokémon.

JoaquinLorie

Um just pointing this out but Palpitoad, Krookodile, Scraggy, and Oshawott all shares each of their typing with another Pokémon on the Unova team, so I’m not seeing how Ash having a Riolu would prevent him from getting a Kubfu especially considering that when Kubfu evolves it becomes a Dual type Pokémon.

Yeah type overlapping in the roster is irrelevant since ages ago. One pokemon typing doesnt stop Ash from getting another of the same type. Anything can happen. Im even wishing for Ash to capture Galarian Farfetch'd.

Red and Blue

That pokemon was not Ash's anymore. Your argument is invalid. Highly doubt his reserves will evolve offscreen. Moves are cool offscreen, like Noctowl in Sinnoh league ith the new moves.
Seems like you just want to be contradictory without proof.

1100 episodes and no offscreen evolutions from Ash's pokemon. Not that it cant happen, but it probably wont. Also, that isnt something people in general want to happen.

I think the pokemon anime is good enough and the writing too. Not like we can do much.
Naganadel is totally valid. It rejoined his team temporily and became his Pokemon once again. If they can have Poipole evolve offscreen it can happen with his older Pokemon.

You say it's not something people want to happen but that won't stop the writers

Leonhart

Imagineer
JoaquinLorie said:
Also, that isnt something people in general want to happen.

Considering how often the scenario has been brought up, I don't think that's true at all. Not that I disagree with your stance, but it seems like most people around here wouldn't mind off-screen evolutions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Since Boldore requires a trade to evolve I’d be ok if he just came back as Gigalith so we can skip that issue.

That could work if they're willing to bend the rules a bit again like with Politoed and have Boldore evolve while being sent from Oak to Sakuragi's lab

JoaquinLorie

Naganadel is totally valid. It rejoined his team temporily and became his Pokemon once again. If they can have Poipole evolve offscreen it can happen with his older Pokemon.

You say it's not something people want to happen but that won't stop the writers

Yes, but when it evolved it wasnt Ash's pokemon, and it came back for 1 battle. Then he left again. It was a special case.

Poipole didnt even battle, it wasnt his pokemon so they just evolved him offscreen to power him up and learn a ton of moves so Ash could have a full team of 6 for the last battle. He was just filling up the spot, wont happen with his reserves.

You wont expect Ash to call an Emboar or Ivysaur suddenly from his lab, or a Serperior/Typlosion. Unless you get a good backstory with flashback, and that would only happen once if it ever happens which i doubt.

Considering how often the scenario has been brought up, I don't think that's true at all. Not that I disagree with your stance, but it seems like most people around here wouldn't mind off-screen evolutions.

We wouls have to do a poll.
Personally i wouldnt like it, not very epic and exciting. Unless they do a good flashback, then that would be cool.

But not randomly calling an evolved reserve and just saying "ah it used evolved". That wont happen.

World Turtle

Ash has 15 Pokémon that can evolve though it’s likely Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Rowlet won’t.

I would like Totodile to evolve to Croconaw then he Quilava and Bayleef allevolve to their final stages together.

Same with the Unova starters: evolve Oshawott and Snivy then evolve all 3 together.

It’d be epic. Also it’d save them on episodes if they evolve together.

JoaquinLorie

That could work if they're willing to bend the rules a bit again like with Politoed and have Boldore evolve while being sent from Oak to Sakuragi's lab

Yeah that is probably the only evolution that should happen offscreen and then we get the flashback of Boldore evolving to Gigalith. Or maybe thebother way around. Oak sends it to Ash and then it evolved before the battle.

Ash has 15 Pokémon that can evolve though it’s likely Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Rowlet won’t.

I would like Totodile to evolve to Croconaw then he Quilava and Bayleef allevolve to their final stages together.

Same with the Unova starters: evolve Oshawott and Snivy then evolve all 3 together.

It’d be epic. Also it’d save them on episodes if they evolve together.

I agree they should all evolve once at least in the new series. All those middle evolutions look pretty cool.

Red and Blue

Yes, but when it evolved it wasnt Ash's pokemon, and it came back for 1 battle. Then he left again. It was a special case.

Poipole didnt even battle, it wasnt his pokemon so they just evolved him offscreen to power him up and learn a ton of moves so Ash could have a full team of 6 for the last battle. He was just filling up the spot, wont happen with his reserves.

You wont expect Ash to call an Emboar or Ivysaur suddenly from his lab, or a Serperior/Typlosion. Unless you get a good backstory with flashback, and that would only happen once if it ever happens which i doubt.

We wouls have to do a poll.
Personally i wouldnt like it, not very epic and exciting. Unless they do a good flashback, then that would be cool.

But not randomly calling an evolved reserve and just saying "ah it used evolved". That wont happen.
Why is a Pokemon evolving off screen in the wild acceptable but not while they are at the lab?

If any of Ash's older Pokemon evolve offscreen they don't need a flashback. All Oak has to say is "they evolved during your absence". No issues there

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
But Anabel is a frontier brain in Hoenn. Even if they established the BF being in Kanto, in the games it's in Hoenn. Or am I wrong?

Yeah Anabel is a Frontier Brain but it's not like she has a big chance of coming back. If she didn't return in SuMo I don't think she's coming back now.

ShadowForce720

Yeah Anabel is a Frontier Brain but it's not like she has a big chance of coming back. If she didn't return in SuMo I don't think she's coming back now.

I really don’t think that just because Anabel didn’t come back during SuMo that it somehow means she won’t return during this series.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that she will return, but at the end of the day we don’t know for sure which characters will return and which ones won’t. I mean heck it wasn’t that long ago that some people thought for sure that there would be no post OS characters returning and yet next thing we know we get confirmation that Korrina is returning.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The only pokemon I could care less about evolving off screen are Scraggy, Buizel, Corphish and Palpitoad.

Boldore is a maybe, but then again I am tired of the writers breaking the rules when it comes to trade evo's, pokemon who trade evolve with items can get away with it because the item allows it to be treated like using an evo stone.

Gible and Ash's army of starters on the other hand...yeah we need to see them go through with it.

Mew29240

Given this series has literally every available Pokemon at their disposal, I'd like to see them avoid type overlaps for once when it comes to possible picks for Ash.

JoaquinLorie

Why is a Pokemon evolving off screen in the wild acceptable but not while they are at the lab?

If any of Ash's older Pokemon evolve offscreen they don't need a flashback. All Oak has to say is "they evolved during your absence". No issues there

Its acceptable for a pokemon to evolve in the wild since it was not Ash's pokemon at the moment. It was only brought back and evolved to fill a plot hole of Ash not having 6 pokemon for the full battle.

Of course they need a flashback about the circumstances under which they evolved, what induced it, which moves they learned, etc. Only if it ever happens.

They wont evolve offscreen and less without an explanation. They are not doing the "Ash here you go, now you have a Serperior and Samurott". Get over it. It's not happening. It's the main character's pokemon which have had countless episodes dedicated to them. They can do 1 episode for their evolution like they always do.

What happened with Poipole was not under Ash's care, he wasnt Ash's pokemon. Get over it. Not happening the way you want it to. Sorry.

Red and Blue

Its acceptable for a pokemon to evolve in the wild since it was not Ash's pokemon at the moment. It was only brought back and evolved to fill a plot hole of Ash not having 6 pokemon for the full battle.

Of course they need a flashback about the circumstances under which they evolved, what induced it, which moves they learned, etc. Only if it ever happens.

They wont evolve offscreen and less without an explanation. They are not doing the "Ash here you go, now you have a Serperior and Samurott". Get over it. It's not happening. It's the main character's pokemon which have had countless episodes dedicated to them. They can do 1 episode for their evolution like they always do.

What happened with Poipole was not under Ash's care, he wasnt Ash's pokemon. Get over it. Not happening the way you want it to. Sorry.
We'll see then. I think it could happen. An offscreen evolution is hardly the most unbelievable thing to happen in the anime

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Given this series has literally every available Pokemon at their disposal, I'd like to see them avoid type overlaps for once when it comes to possible picks for Ash.

Well that's already happened if the Alola mons are coming back, Rowlet and Grookey are both Grass lol And even if he evolves Rowlet has nothing new to contribute to the group since Dragonite and Gengar are around

I don't get what the big deal of overlapping is if Ash is catching more than 5 Pokemon. If we were talking a series with few catches then I'd totally understand as Ash having three birds and two dragons was quite irritating

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
After SM allowed Pokemon like Turtonator and Lycanroc to constantly be out of their Pokeballs I see no reason why we can't have Gigalith now. Especially since how apparently they didn't evolve Boldore due to Gigalith being difficult to animate (something SM's animation fixed for Pokemon like Turtonator).

Paree

Since Boldore requires a trade to evolve I’d be ok if he just came back as Gigalith so we can skip that issue.
Go can catch a Trade evo and since he wants to catch em all, he can trade with Ash’s Boldore and Ash will have a Gigalith although it is pretty unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.