• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PsychoLogical said:
Still on the train of Ash not getting any main rivals. I just think the game rivals like Hop, Marnie and Bede may get pushed aside as minor hinderaces that’ll get beat everytime they challenge Ash like in the games where you basically destroyed all 3 of their goals especially Hop’s.

I could see Hop and Mary ending up like that, but I doubt that Beet would suffer that fate since he seems like the most popular rival of the Gen VIII bunch, so I figure that the writers would actually portray him well as a competent rival.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I could see Hop and Mary ending up like that, but I doubt that Beet would suffer that fate since he seems like the most popular rival of the Gen VIII bunch, so I figure that the writers would actually portray him well as a competent rival.
I think he’s just popular since he’s an “asshole” rival which we haven’t gotten since Silver. And I also think Marnie’s actually more popular than him.

aipomadvanceshipper

It’s so cute I read the interview on Satoshi from Dogasu’s. Ash is always happy but he’s been smiling even more after wining a league. He feels at ease.
I guess because you know he was only getting top 8, to top 4 to 2nd and to finally win knowing his hard work wasn’t for nothing is sweet. I was more sad by ash’s sinnoh lost, sad and proud. Sad that he lost to a team of legendaries but happy he beat two. Idk if they ever changed ash if I could watch a new protagonist. I probably would but even after all these years it’s not the same without rooting for ash

Leonhart

Imagineer
aipomadvanceshipper said:
It’s so cute I read the interview on Satoshi from Dogasu’s. Ash is always happy but he’s been smiling even more after wining a league. He feels at ease.

I find it strange considering that he's now set his sights on a goal that is even more rigorous than winning a Pokemon League. I also find it a bit out of character that he'd feel at ease just because he won the Alola League, considering that he didn't seem that desperate to win the tournament in the first place, and seemed to take it in stride.

SketchFox7

Ash has never had two dual-type Pokemon with the exact same type combination on a team at the exact same time.
Ash also never had a Dragon type, til Sinnoh. Never had a Dark type, til Unova. Never had a fully evolved Water starter or Pseudo Legendary, until Kalos. Never had a Mythical Pokémon, til Alola. The writers have been breaking “trends” since 4th gen, so there’s really no proof from the past on what can happen going forward.

My point still stands that Ash getting Pidgeot back would be OOC for him.
As for this, it’s a possibility for Pidgeot to not be abandoning anyone. In nature, leaders get overthrown by younger rivals all the time. Who’s to say, Pidgeot has been leader for quite some time, maybe a young Pidgeotto could evolve, challenge it for leadership. Leaving Ash’s Pidgeot alone, it’s be a great way for Ash to reunite with it, being him back to his family since his flock doesn’t need him anymore.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

All of them are in the list of the most popular Pokemon from each reagion, but not necesarily all the first places. Let's see:
+ Kanto: Gengar (2º), Pikachu (4º), Eevee (5º)
+ Johto: Tyranitar (2º)
+ Hoenn: Blaziken (5º)
+ Sinnoh: Lucario (1º)
+ Unova: Chandelure (1º)
+ Kalos: Greninja (1º)
+ Alola: Mimikyu (1º)
+ Galar: Cinderace (6º), Inteleon (10º), Rillaboom (29º)

Anyway, I believe all these Pokemon could also be future captures in the series because they have been present in merchandise and promotional art of the anime. Like in the original promotional poster of the anime's current season: Piplup and Croagunk, the hugging Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Pelipper, Mew, Greninja, Blaziken....

As far as I can tell, this is how I see which trainer will be for each Pokemon:

+ Pikachu: Ash, naturally. Already have it.
+ Gengar: Ash, naturally. He already has it.
+ Lucario: Ash, clearly. It will happen when his Riolu evolves.
+ Greninja: Ash, clearly. I suppose Kalos' crisis will be resolve and Ash's Greninja will return.
+ Tyranitar: Ash, clearly. I still hope it will be his old friend Larvitar, evolved.
+ Rillaboom: Ash. He clearly needs at least one Starter from Galar, and maybe they plan to use it to increase this Pokemon's popularity, by adding it to Ash's team.
+ Blaziken: Ash. Sounds weird, but this Pokemon really suits Ash. Since I don't think Ash will get a Fire Type from Galar, this is the best alternative.

+ Cinderace: Goh, obviously. But it could take a while to evolve.
+ Inteleon: Goh, now that we know he got Sobble. It could take longer than Raboot to evolve.
+ Chandelure: Goh, as I don't see this one fitting Ash's style.

+ Mimikyu: I don't think Ash or Goh will capture one, so I suppose Jessie's one will return. Then again, considering Goh has three Dustox and an Ekans (all of them, old Pokemon of Jessie), MAYBE Goh will capture his own Mimikyu. But I see it very unlikely.

+ Eevee: I'm not sure, honestly. For Goh, he would be obsessed with getting several Eevees and evolving each one into a different form. Maybe Ash, so it can get its Gigantamax form, but I'm not sure about it.

The way I see it, it is just:

• The franchise mascot: Pikachu & Eevee
  • The legendaries of the current generation: Zacian, Zamazenta, & Eternatus
  • The final evolution of the current generation starters: Rillabom, Cinderace, & Inteleon
  • Representative of previous generations: Gengar, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Lucario, Chandelure, Greninja, & Mimikyu

Just promotional poster. Nothing important.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

• The final evolution of the current generation starters: Rillabom, Cinderace, & Inteleon
  • Representative of previous generations: Gengar, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Lucario, Chandelure, Greninja, & Mimikyu

I wouldn't be so sure. To represent previous generations, they could have used all the Number 1 from each list, but they didn't.

DuskAstral

+ Eevee: I'm not sure, honestly. For Goh, he would be obsessed with getting several Eevees and evolving each one into a different form. Maybe Ash, so it can get its Gigantamax form, but I'm not sure about it.
I wouldn't want Satoshi to have Eevee because of G-max, especially since he already has Pikachu with this form.
I prefer that every G-max form be presented by someone else.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I just like Sonia more, so I was hoping that she'd have a bigger role than just being a professor's assistant. I'm not against Mary becoming Satoshi's rival, although I do sort of doubt it'll happen.

If anything, Sonia being the professor's assistant is what will probably give her a bigger role. She's work more with Ash and Go in their Galar trips regarding the Darkest Day.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Ash has caught Gengar and Lucario from there respective generations, is it an indicative of something?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I’m not saying that people can’t be disappointed about Go getting Sobble or can’t complain but to say Go “stole” it and then repeat in almost every single post is just being over excessive and ridiculous and at that point is just starting to sound like a broken record.

No offense.

The reason why people are upset is because the anime staff clearly made a preview to mislead people. The preview used a cut portion of the audio when Ash caught Farfetch'd while purposely showing Sobble.

One might say that they didn't want to ruin the surprise of Farfetch'd but I would argue that Ash getting a Galar starter would be a more popular choice than a regional variant that shares a type with a Pokémon Ash currently has. Plus, the nature of Riolu evolving into Lucario means it will likely outshine Sirfetch'd due to marketing purposes.

Inteleon would have brought better diversity to Ash's team. Inteleon even has a G-Max form.

Inteleon > Sirfetch'd

ShadowForce720

The reason why people are upset is because the anime staff clearly made a preview to mislead people. The preview used a cut portion of the audio when Ash caught Farfetch'd while purposely showing Sobble.

One might say that they didn't want to ruin the surprise of Farfetch'd but I would argue that Ash getting a Galar starter would be a more popular choice than a regional variant that shares a type with a Pokémon Ash currently has. Plus, the nature of Riolu evolving into Lucario means it will likely outshine Sirfetch'd due to marketing purposes.

Inteleon would have brought better diversity to Ash's team. Inteleon even has a G-Max form.

Inteleon > Sirfetch'd

What’s done is done no amount of complaining is going to change that. I can understand being disappointed that Goh got Sobble.

However becoming a broken record that just basically repeatedly complains about Go getting Sobble in almost every post doesn’t accomplish anything.

I mean at this point it’s pretty much beating a dead horse so to speak.

————————————————————————

Ash has caught Gengar and Lucario from there respective generations, is it an indicative of something?

Well Tyranitar, Blaziken, and Chandelure are all Pokémon that Ash could get, although at the moment we don’t have enough information to really know for sure if will catch them or not.

It is possible that Ash’s Greninja could return. As for Ash getting a Mimikyu, it’s not impossible but it would really depend on if they want to give Ash a Pokémon that was just on the main cast last series or not.

As Mimikyu isn’t part of a branch evolution line and doesn’t have different forms other then it’s gimmick with it’s disguise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.