• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don’t know where this idea that if Squirtle were to evolve that it would have to be a forced evolution is coming from. Let’s get one thing straight here Ash’s Squirtle never express it’s opinion on whether it wants to evolve or not.

So no, it’s not a case where the only way for Squirtle to evolve would be through a force evolution. As for being part of the Squirtle Squad in all honesty I highly doubt it’s squad members would reject it just because it evolved.

It's the bond with it's squad that makes me feel that way with Squirtle, and it and Bulbasaur being seeing as good friends (plus the initial refusal) are why I feel like they would need to be forced.

but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Squirtle never said that it didn’t want to evolve and they easily could have evolved it, but the only reason they didn’t evolve it was because Gary was still present and Blastoise was his ace, so that is the only reason Ash’s Squirtle never evolved. They could easily bring Squirtle back and fully evolve it now if they choose. This series would be the perfect opportunity for them to do it.

I will say this, I've never considered Gary's Blastoise an obstacle towards Squirtle evolving, mostly because we never knew what his starter was until the end of freaking jouto (some believed they took the Yellow route due to him using an eevee against Ash after the OI, but it was proven wrong), and him shifting his path from trainer to researcher after pretty much using it against Ash 1 time, opposed to where people like Paul, Trip, and Bianca who were running around with starter evolutions at a much earlier time frame thereby impacting Ash's ones.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have a genuine question guys.

It's about Mew.

Do you guys think Gou will actually have a chance to catch Mew?

Unlike Zapdos who is a Legendary, Mew is only considered to be a Mythical.

And as seen in Sun Moon the writers are not adverse to giving main characters Mythical Pokémon.

Ash got Melmetal. Lillie got Magearna.

What's stopping Gou from having a fair shot at Mew?

Not if he's staying, Mew is his main goal like Ash's is to be a Pokemon Master. Ash can win the PWC since it's just a step towards his overall goal(That and Ash's goal is Galar heavy, something that'll be irrelevant next gen while Mew, a Kanto Pokemon, will forever be relevant cause unfortunately Kanto won't ever be irrelevant :rolleyes: ). Besides switching Ash to something else battle oriented is easy, where are you going to go after Mew? It'll prove just how boring and dull his goal is if they slap some other Mythical in Mew's place and call it(I love Victini and Manaphy but they've got nothing on Mew lol )

Also Melmetal and Magearna aren't even close to Mew lol Ash getting Mewtwo would be a more fair comparison due to their power levels and while I'm not fond of the idea, it's the only way I'd accept Goh getting Mew but they've got to make him put an effort into actually hunting Mew, not just sitting back and hoping that he'll run into it.

I still think he's leaving and becoming Cerise's lab assistant full time after this, instead of Chloe like people want her to for some weird reason. It'd keep him close to the countless Pokemon he'll have and further eliminate the need for Hopp

ShadowDragon16

Eh Grookey is prob unfortunately going to debut post-DD arc. I actually find it extremely laughable that fking Galarian Yamask of all things is literally debuting before Grookey. We'll have Cinderace debuting in the main series, the Dog duo debuting ofc, Dragapult debuting presumably under Leon, and then some randomass Galarian Yamask of all things at Stow-on-Side. All during the DD arc. But no Grookey. Like cmon.

Maybe because the people behind the anime don’t like Grookey?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They've never had a problem with other starters. Why start now?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Maybe because the people behind the anime don’t like Grookey?
I don't think the Anime writers dislike Grookey. I think they just have a huge problem with balancing old Pokémon and Showcasing new ones.
They've never had a problem with other starters. Why start now?
The difference here is since this series is a free for all when it comes to regions, the writers have more freedom to do what they want instead of putting the Galar Starters on the forefront like they would've done had this been strictly a Galar series.

DuskAstral

Ash can win the PWC
I agree with that, but in my opinion, if theoretically he succeeds, the series will be a bit boring, because I cannot imagine Satoshi sitting in one place all the time waiting for opponents. I will accept his PWC win if someone else takes over his new title soon.

LucarioFTWs

I agree with that, but in my opinion, if theoretically he succeeds, the series will be a bit boring, because I cannot imagine Satoshi sitting in one place all the time waiting for opponents. I will accept his PWC win if someone else takes over his new title soon.
New Challeneger approaches

Tobias, “Remember me?”

Master Pikachu 11

more pokemon like g-yamask are gonna debut in dd arc/before grookey
Yep Dracovish, possibly Gossifleur, Galarian Ponyta and Alcreamie
It's the bond with it's squad that makes me feel that way with Squirtle, and it and Bulbasaur being seeing as good friends (plus the initial refusal) are why I feel like they would need to be forced.

but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I will say this, I've never considered Gary's Blastoise an obstacle towards Squirtle evolving, mostly because we never knew what his starter was until the end of freaking jouto (some believed they took the Yellow route due to him using an eevee against Ash after the OI, but it was proven wrong), and him shifting his path from trainer to researcher after pretty much using it against Ash 1 time, opposed to where people like Paul, Trip, and Bianca who were running around with starter evolutions at a much earlier time frame thereby impacting Ash's ones.
Squirtle never had an initial refusal to evolve and they could always evolve the rest of the squad as well if they choose. But regardless this is another reason that I want Ash to get Marshtomp just so it can evolve and Ash gets another fully evolved water type starter, because with my luck they will probably never evolve Squirtle, Totodile, and Oshawott since two of them have gags and the other for reasons because it’s apparently iconic as is. Could they bring it them back and evolve them sure, but right now until proven otherwise they have as much chance of evolving as Rowlet which means it isn’t happening until the writers have a change of heart.

BobbbidyBob

Anybody else thinks Cinderace’s personality goes more with Ash and Lucario’s more serious demeanor with Goh? I honestly think Cinderace and Ash together could start such a fire it would be awesome XD

BobbbidyBob

But then people will think they are the same woman
I thought she was really interesting at first, but they decided to go with the predictable path for her...so not so interesting anymore in my opinion. It’s like she is a Lillie No.2

BobbbidyBob

How are koharu and lillie similar. Koharu is not afraid of pokemon. Lillie had deep trauma from being attacked while koharu just doesnt like being associsted with them.
I meant the type of arc is similar, thank goodness it’s not exactly the same XD both characters have issues with pokemon but in the end they warm up to them and even become trainers, unless Koharu in the end ends up becoming .....a dentist or something XD i don’t know i just really liked that she was a normal person who didn’t give a dung about pokemon in the beginning and had nothing to do with them

PAndrews

Why would he have to stay in one place? He's challenging opponents over multiple regions (most of which are travelling/moving around themselves), so its not like he'd be forced to stay in one spot and wait for challengers to show up if he does win and continue on to the next region/gen

kickachu

Momentai!
so since goh failed to catch zapdos least he can learn more about mew in mew two episode

Leonhart

Imagineer
BobbbidyBob said:
I thought she was really interesting at first, but they decided to go with the predictable path for her...so not so interesting anymore in my opinion. It’s like she is a Lillie No.2

I suppose I can see some similarities between them in the sense that they both had slow starts. But to me it was more frustrating waiting for Lilie to get more focus in early SM because she was part of the main cast, whereas Koharu's a supporting character and therefore less important.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Anybody else thinks Cinderace’s personality goes more with Ash and Lucario’s more serious demeanor with Goh? I honestly think Cinderace and Ash together could start such a fire it would be awesome XD
Yeah even before we knew anything about the series, I thought it was weird that arguably the most Ash like Pokémon didn’t go to him.

Applecorp

I meant the type of arc is similar, thank goodness it’s not exactly the same XD both characters have issues with pokemon but in the end they warm up to them and even become trainers, unless Koharu in the end ends up becoming .....a dentist or something XD i don’t know i just really liked that she was a normal person who didn’t give a dung about pokemon in the beginning and had nothing to do with them

I think Chloe working with Pokemon as part of her end goal or career when she grows up sounds predictable as hell. I know the anime operates that way 99% of the time but I don't know. I think I'd rather she got a real life job and not become Pokemon trainer #964821753.

BobbbidyBob

I think Chloe working with Pokemon as part of her end goal or career when she grows up sounds predictable as hell. I know the anime operates that way 99% of the time but I don't know. I think I'd rather she got a real life job and not become Pokemon trainer #964821753.
Exactly my dude, exactly......

BobbbidyBob

Yeah even before we knew anything about the series, I thought it was weird that arguably the most Ash like Pokémon didn’t go to him.
Cinderace is Ash’s spirit animal.
I also miss Scorbunny.....I grew fond of it at the beginning of the series and was really sad when it evolved since it didn’t get so much screentime, but now i am hyped to get to know Cinderace

Status
Not open for further replies.