• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Goodra and Noivern may as well never had even been caught as far as I'm concerned. They should've just had Ash bring back Glalie and Heracross so he could use their Megas

Greninja and Pikachu were hard carrying, Hawlucha and talonflame carried their weight, the other two were absolute grookey-dookey. However i would say noivern isn’t terrible as it got a fair share of battles especially since how late it was caught.
"GROOKEY-DOOKEY"
PowerlessForcefulBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Sidagam

Lol, AG, Talonflame, and Hawlucha had around the same # of battles(15-20). Why do people just hilariously make stuff up? Did people just forget XY in general? Froakie/Frogadier was used in two gym battles in before Olympia. Talonflame was in 7/8 gym battles. Hawlucha was in 5/8 in totality.

Man, the insanity here is just ludicrous.

Here's a convenient chart
dfiwpjqn6yp51.jpg

- The orange line represents the average number of battles of each regional team
- For XY specifically, if it was done in a pie chart, the data would look like this:
  • Pikachu: 38.37% of the circle
  • Greninja: 21.20% of the circle
  • Talonflame: 19.18% of the circle
  • Hawlucha: 16.16% of the circle
  • Noivern: 5.5% of the circle
  • Goodra: 4.4% of the circle
If people want to complain about Noivern and Goodra, there's a case to be made there, especially with Noivern. In fact, Noivern was obviously not well-handled. I'd heavily disagree with you on Goodra since I happen to adore his arc, but there's still a debate there to be had.

What I didn't think there would be comments made that were as idiotic as the person who claimed Noivern was stronger than AG lmao.

Thank you for this. I find it so ridiculous that people will knock the likes of Talonflame and Hawlucha as jobbers, or even the Kalos team as a whole, even though the hard data proves completely otherwise. I'll never defend the handling of Noivern, Goodra had a great arc but was bought back for not a whole lot (can easily argue it's draw and loss in the league were incredibly justified), but man the team of Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame and Hawlucha had great experience and put in work.

Also this illustrates well why the Kalos squad would beat the Alola squad. Pure experience

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Facts lol. Most of Ash's Kalos team was pointless tbh.

Hawlucha wasn't
Goodra got robbed cause he was thrown away to avoid making Ash look OP, which was just ridiculous considering the Fairy and Ice gyms were left. His and Greninja's releases were just garbage, 'Oh an army is protecting the swamp! Goodra must stay to defend it!' '*Zygarde gets hyped up like it's a god* Zygarde needs help, why not stay and help it?'. Naganadel's was equally bad since there was the big deal about Ash being his family yet they sent it off for no good reason

Mostly, I'm just annoyed at the sheer overuse of Pikachu

Eh, not as bad as this saga's use of the rat. He was tolerable in the others

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Cinderace is Ash’s spirit animal.
I also miss Scorbunny.....I grew fond of it at the beginning of the series and was really sad when it evolved since it didn’t get so much screentime, but now i am hyped to get to know Cinderace

It sure would have been nice for the Fire starter to get it's turn at being his only starter though, considering Sceptile and Greninja had a turn for their respective typings

Then Sobble possibly wouldn't have had the worst capture of the entire series

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It sure would have been nice for the Fire starter to get it's turn at being his only starter though, considering Sceptile and Greninja had a turn for their respective typings

Then Sobble possibly wouldn't have had the worst capture of the entire series
Nah Fire Starters get enough special treatment as is. Ash doesn't need a solo fire starter now or any other time ever

And I don't know how Sobble had the worst capture in the entire series when the way Misty obtained Togepi and especially Psyduck were MUCH worse.
(At least Goh actually wanted Sobble. Misty got stuck with a Pokemon she was actively trying to avoid completely on accident.)

And we can't forget about Ash's 30 Tauros!

Last edited:

nickdt

Lol, AG, Talonflame, and Hawlucha had around the same # of battles(15-20). Why do people just hilariously make stuff up? Did people just forget XY in general? Froakie/Frogadier was used in two gym battles in before Olympia. Talonflame was in 7/8 gym battles. Hawlucha was in 5/8 in totality.

Man, the insanity here is just ludicrous.

Here's a convenient chart
dfiwpjqn6yp51.jpg

- The orange line represents the average number of battles of each regional team
- For XY specifically, if it was done in a pie chart, the data would look like this:
  • Pikachu: 38.37% of the circle
  • Greninja: 21.20% of the circle
  • Talonflame: 19.18% of the circle
  • Hawlucha: 16.16% of the circle
  • Noivern: 5.5% of the circle
  • Goodra: 4.4% of the circle
If people want to complain about Noivern and Goodra, there's a case to be made there, especially with Noivern. In fact, Noivern was obviously not well-handled. I'd heavily disagree with you on Goodra since I happen to adore his arc, but there's still a debate there to be had.

What I didn't think there would be comments made that were as idiotic as the person who claimed Noivern was stronger than AG lmao.

What the charts don't make clear, is if they are official battles or not (Considering official battles are only counted towards Win/Loss ratio, those are also the only battles who can make up a ratio of percentage battles and then Talonflame is way higher than Greninja).

dman_dustin

Really hope the corocoro scans arent definitive, would seem dumb to give Goh Zacian and Ash Zamazenta when the other way around makes so much more sense

I know I don't know why they would be dumb to pair Zamazenta with Ash.

This fighting type favortism is starting to piss me off. Especially a legendary Lucario. I don't care about some weird mentorship between it and Lucario.

Master Pikachu 11

Mostly, I'm just annoyed at the sheer overuse of Pikachu
Same the chart for this series is going to have Pikachu in the 90s by the time we are through unfortunately

This fighting type favortism is starting to piss me off. Especially a legendary Lucario. I don't care about some weird mentorship between it and Lucario.
PsychoLogical said in the post that the scan doesn’t mean that Ash is going to be paired with Zamazenta

Decidueye23

I see so many people complaining about XY team, when basically the alolan team was just rowlet, lycanrock and torracat for the most part of SM. Poipole was arguably worse than goodra as it did nothing when it was there with ash and came back evolved and won a single battle. Goodra did much more in those 10 episodes than poipole did in its entire arc. Melmetal too was just there. 2 wins. And of them was against Faba. Torracat too was barely used (1 trial and zero grand trials) until its eventual evolution into incineroar. I would say the XY team was pretty well balanced until AG came along, except for noviern ( cool evo episode otherwise nothing much).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

I already said this a few times, this doesn’t mean those are the pairs. Even put it under my original comment.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Nah Fire Starters get enough special treatment as is. Ash doesn't need a solo fire starter now or any other time ever

And I don't know how Sobble had the worst capture in the entire series when the way Misty obtained Togepi and especially Psyduck were MUCH worse.
(At least Goh actually wanted Sobble. Misty got stuck with a Pokemon she was actively trying to avoid completely on accident.)

And we can't forget about Ash's 30 Tauros!
I don't even remember how they were caught in the first place. How can you forget something which you don't even remember??

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Facts lol. Most of Ash's Kalos team was pointless tbh.
Not really. One ones that were "pointless" were Goodra and Noivern and that's because Noivern was caught late and it didn't do jack until it evolved and Ash couldn't use him in Wulfric gym and Goodra left after 5th gym. They were as "pointless" as Melmetal, Naganadel and Gible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.