• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

We had two fully evolved water starters in a row (XY and SM), so writers might take a break from fully evolving the water starter.
A break! If the writers want to take a break, they should consider taking a break from evolving the fire starter. Gen 1 Charizard goes all the way, Gen 2 grass goes to second stage while fire evolves in Gen 4, Gen 3 fire and grass go all the way water went to second stage but not fully evolved, Gen 4 same thing minus water type evolving, Gen 5 fire goes to second stage, Gen 6 finally some love for the water type, while fire type goes second stage, Gen 7 fire type and another water type and now so far Gen 8 Fire is going all the way. So they seem to not want to take a break from evolving the fire type. I dislike the disrespect that water types starters get while being on the cast that are not the two only water starter Pokémon that actually fully evolved.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Snivy, Chespin, and Rowlet all remained unevolved in a row though

Every single Fire Starter evolved at least once

There's not really any pattern here

I agree, but people will insist on it all the same..

There's no such thing as a pattern, but there might be a trend (less rigid in structure and prone to change). A trend would be that the starters that do evolve at least once tend to go all the way in recent series: Greninja, Braixen, Incineroar, Primarina, Cinderace.

Thus based on this trend 4/5 starters that evolved once went all the way. So if you look at the trend, then if Sobble evolves once, then there's a good chance (80% based on the trend) it will fully evolve as well.

And putting that in context of the entire series:
- Charizard
- Bayleef
- Quilava (exceptional situation, since it evolved without any chance of further development after it Sinnoh League cameo).
- Sceptile
- Blaziken
- Marshtomp
- Infernape
- Torterra
- Quilava (exceptional situation, since it evolved without many chances of further development afterwards - only Dawn's BW cameo).
- Pignite
- Greninja
- Braixen
- Incineroar
- Primarina
- Cinderace

So in total, the trend I described gets to a number of: 9/15 (60%) or 9/13 (69%) with the exceptions taken out of the equation. Which is still a good odd and shows that in recent years that there has been an upward trend in terms of starters fully evolving if they evolve once.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Centiskorch might be a capture, as it is very high on the cast list, above Dragonite and Riolu even.

Icy-Snowflake

I dislike the disrespect that water types starters get while being on the cast that are not the two only water starter Pokémon that actually fully evolved.
Grass and Water types are equal, two fully evolved (one of these two ends up doing nothing great and the other is quite famous) and one evolved only once. The rest remain unevolved. I hate this Fire type bias...:(

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Whaddya mean? Do you have a proof of your statement?

If you check out the cast list in the Slumbering Weald thread, you'll see that Centiskorch is listed above the likes of Dragonite, which is strange since cast Pokemon generally take precedence. For this reason, it makes Centiskorch seem a bit more important than just being a random POTD..

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If you check out the cast list in the Slumbering Weald thread, you'll see that Centiskorch is listed above the likes of Dragonite, which is strange since cast Pokemon generally take precedence. For this reason, it makes Centiskorch seem a bit more important than just being a random POTD..
Not only Dragonite, but also Riolu. If Ash catches both Marshtomp and Centiskorch I would be very happy.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm still in the camp that Centiskorch will be treated like Zapdos as a strong Pokémon that needs to be defeated but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong and someone not that's not Gou actually does capture this Pokémon

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm still in the camp that Centiskorch will be treated like Zapdos as a strong Pokémon that needs to be defeated but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong and someone not that's not Gou actually does capture this Pokémon
Eh considering the duo gets seperated and Leon is also shown fighting G-Max Centiskorch, makes me think Ash will be around the Centiskorch part to help out Leon since Go looks to be meeting up with Sonia and head to Stow-on-Side.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's listed above Dragonite and Riolu in the cast list, so there is hope, unlike Marshtomp where the only evidence is a poster.

MegaSalamence05

Do we know where the situation involving Centiskorch is? As the photo between Leon flying on Charizard it looks to be broken trees lying around underneath it. I'm just thinking its near the Slumbering Weald at the moment just with that photo specifically, as there's alot of wood laying around.

(The bridge in the Slumbering Weald being the platform underneath). Am I making sense here I'm just trying to figure out the location of Leon/Centiskorch.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Do we know where the situation involving Centiskorch is? As the photo between Leon flying on Charizard it looks to be broken trees lying around underneath it. I'm just thinking its near the Slumbering Weald at the moment just with that photo specifically, as there's alot of wood laying around.

(The bridge in the Slumbering Weald being the platform underneath). Am I making sense here I'm just trying to figure out the location of Leon/Centiskorch.
EkYWKTfU0AETAnm

Well it's really hard to make out of the location since it's so vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.