• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe Serena wasn't allowed to meet anyone because the writers didn't want to deal with the fans that would complain if there wasn't a girl fight, because there are some fans who ship Ash with more than one companion and want a fight to happen over Ash.

Or, and this is more likely, it just never came up. The writers might've WANTED Serena to meet a previous companion but for one reason or another they never got around to it.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Maybe Serena wasn't allowed to meet anyone because the writers didn't want to deal with the fans that would complain if there wasn't a girl fight, because there are some fans who ship Ash with more than one companion and want a fight to happen over Ash.

Or, and this is more likely, it just never came up. The writers might've WANTED Serena to meet a previous companion but for one reason or another they never got around to it.
considering the XY series has the reward for the most atrocious and non-existent continuity ever had in a saga, I wouldn't put it past that they didn't bother.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!

Maybe they didn't had time to do it because the end of the XY era was rushed af

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Centiscorch would be fine, just give Ash his sixth already. As long as it ain't Grookey or the fossil abominations, I honestly don't care what he catches. Just don't want to wait another 10 episodes for it to happen...

ShadowForce720

I don't want Ash to get a Fire type this series. He already has enough as is (Its the third most type he owns after Fighting and Flying).

So I suppose you also want Ash to skip out on getting a Grass and Water type Pokémon as well since Ash has around the same number of Grass and Water type Pokémon as he does Fire type Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't want Ash to get a Fire type this series. He already has enough as is (Its the third most type he owns after Fighting and Flying).
I really doubt they're going to not have Ash own another Fire type this time around, it's just a type that they can't seem to stop having Ash own. Likely out of the usual tradition of it and how marketable the type is. And it's also basically one of the "cool and strong" types and very often give off strong shounen vibes since Fire types are often very powerful and action packed based like the other two "cool and strong" types which are Fighting and Dragon types. Why else would they always seem to have Ash own a Fire type in every series and nearly getting a Fighting type in every series and now getting an increasingly high number of Dragon type captures. This time around seems no different since I'm not convinced that they're just going to not have Ash own another Fire type this time around even with the unpredictability of Pokemon Journeys and as an additional side note: To me, it doesn't look like Dragonite will be his only Dragon type capture this time around either.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
I can't see Ash with that, as it would cause Ash physical pain and could even kill him.
Yeah of course . Drifloon kidnaps children after all . When ash can survive flamethrowers , 10000 volt shocks , what can a cute little doll possibly do to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.