• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Or, and this is more likely, it just never came up. The writers might've WANTED Serena to meet a previous companion but for one reason or another they never got around to it.

While this could be the case, I find it amusing that they couldn't get around to bringing back any of the old cast mates even for just a few episodes, yet they found time to give us dozens of pointless fillers. It almost feels like a case of them being lazy and simply wanting to take the easy route.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
She wouldn't do those things if she actually cared about Ash. Ash's Gengar didn't curse him for example
Hatterene's Pokedex entries outright mention it attacking anyone with strong emotions. I expect it to be used by Bede.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Centiscorch would be fine, just give Ash his sixth already. As long as it ain't Grookey or the fossil abominations, I honestly don't care what he catches. Just don't want to wait another 10 episodes for it to happen...

I don't really understand why him getting his sixth Pokemon needs to happen now, though. Gangar and Kamonegi could use a lot more development, so I'm not seeing why Satoshi should catch another Pokemon in the near future that could potentially overshadow them further when he should probably be training the ones that he already has first [and not just Riolu].

Red and Blue

Hatterene's Pokedex entries outright mention it attacking anyone with strong emotions. I expect it to be used by Bede.
I swear you are taking the Pokedex entries way too seriously. First with The Galarian fossils and now with Hatterene. If Bede can own one without any danger to him then Ash can as well

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can't see Ash with that, as it would cause Ash physical pain and could even kill him.
Why? I would like to see Ash with Grimmsnarl.

I don't really understand why him getting his sixth Pokemon needs to happen now, though. Gangar and Kamonegi could use a lot more development, so I'm not seeing why Satoshi should catch another Pokemon in the near future that could potentially overshadow them further when he should probably be training the ones that he already has first [and not just Riolu].
That's writers' problem that they don't showcase Gengar and Farfetch'd. If we can get like 15 Pokemon screen-time in SM( 5 Ash's Pokemon + 1 Lillie's, +2 Lana's + 2 Kiawe's( Charizard got way less focus), + 2 Sophocles + 1 Mallow + TR's 2 Pokemon), why shouldn't we now get like at least 10 of them( 8 Ash's + 2 Go's)? Especially since Go only uses Raboot and Sobble( and rest of his Pokemon are like recurring and one-timers) and Ash uses only 3 out of 5,sadly. TR don't have their Pokemon. So we could easily see Ash catching at least 3 more Pokemon and that still wouldn't be as much screen-time as SM cast had.
So point is, Ash should catch more Pokemon( to have 8 at least) since obviously Go's main two Pokemon are Sobble and Cinderace.Pretty sure if writers can handle 15 main Pokemon in cast in SM, they could handle 10 too...

Last edited:

Icy-Snowflake

In my opinion, Gengar needs more screentime than development...

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Gengar doesn't actually need development or even that much. It's screentime that's the main issue here. Farfetch'd ofc needs the development.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Explain how characters like Macy and Flannery own a Magcargo without instantly burning up when, according to its Pokedex entries, is 18,000 °F (which is almost twice of that as the sun). Also explain that recurring Spoink from AG who was shown to stop bouncing various times despite its Pokedex entries saying that it must keep bouncing or its heart will stop beating.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Explain how characters like Macy and Flannery own a Magcargo without instantly burning up when, according to its Pokedex entries, is 18,000 °F (which is almost twice of that as the sun). Also explain that recurring Spoink from AG who was shown to stop bouncing various times despite its Pokedex entries saying that it must keep bouncing or its heart will stop beating.
The anime also loves to omit some of the more creepy facts about Ghost-types.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think the writers were worried about confusing new fans with all the continuity so they tried distancing themselves from it for XY. When SuMo's anime came they realized that it was more trouble ignoring the continuity than just explaining it. Who knows though, TV show writers sometimes make choices that make no sense and go unexplained/are explained poorly.

Master Pikachu 11

Since zapdos and marshtomp were a no catch and there would be no time for dracovish to appear the dark arc what else you expect
It will appear though because I don’t expect them to go back to Galar after the 4 episode arc, which is why I am thinking it will appear under the ownership of Raihan. Since Leon will show off his second member in Dragapault.
They didn’t take Gengar’s dex entry that seriously as Ash had a fever, so I don’t believe that they will take Hatterene’s entry either. It along with Grimmsnarl can easily work well with Ash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hatterene and Grimmsnarl are the aces of Bede and Marnie and I think that they will be the ones to show them off.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Serena is the only character to never meet a previous companion of Satoshi to date. Even Goh met one before her, I wonder why. It is remarkable in a way.

Simply a coincidence that all meetings between past companions didn't include Serena.

No overly complex scientific, psychological or logical reason. It just happens that when meetings between past companions happened, Serena wasn't a part of the group.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Icy-Snowflake said:
In my opinion, Gengar needs more screentime than development...

I think in the case of screen-time, development almost always comes from that, so the two are synonymous in my mind. Also, from what I remember Gangar got two episodes dedicated to himself so far, which is more than some of Satoshi's other Pokemon, but he'll eventually have to go through some growth again in the future in any case.

Master Pikachu 11

It was more upsetting than amusing for me that they prioritized fillers over continuity lol
Agreed, I found most of the filler episodes to be rather boring.
I think the writers were worried about confusing new fans with all the continuity so they tried distancing themselves from it for XY. When SuMo's anime came they realized that it was more trouble ignoring the continuity than just explaining it. Who knows though, TV show writers sometimes make choices that make no sense and go unexplained/are explained poorly.
They had Ash mention two continuity points in that he knew a Piplup that acted like the one that appeared in an XY episode and then he mentions to Goodra, how he could have used his reserves in the league, but decided he wanted to use it instead. But yeah, I was not happy with not having any sort of continuity which is why I like SM since besides seeing Bulbasaur and Tauros, we got to see Muk, Corphish, and Totodile again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
When SuMo's anime came they realized that it was more trouble ignoring the continuity than just explaining it.

I suppose that I just don't grasp the logic of them feeling like ignoring continuity was too much of a bother in SM when they really didn't have to bring back Kasumi and Takeshi at all. I enjoyed seeing them again, but I can imagine that it must've been a lot of trouble to bring them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.