• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
They had Ash mention two continuity points in that he knew a Piplup that acted like the one that appeared in an XY episode and then he mentions to Goodra, how he could have used his reserves in the league, but decided he wanted to use it instead. But yeah, I was not happy with not having any sort of continuity which is why I like SM since besides seeing Bulbasaur and Tauros, we got to see Muk, Corphish, and Totodile again.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it makes me laugh that for some people seeing a couple of Ash's old Pokemon for a few seconds in SuMo was considered good continuity. It sucks that we have to settle for less even in SuMo...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it makes me laugh that for some people seeing a couple of Ash's old Pokemon for a few seconds in SuMo was considered good continuity. It sucks that we have to settle for less even in SuMo...

I think it's a matter of people taking whatever they can get. Personally, I still think that SM was pretty tame when it came to continuity to previous sagas outside of the really big moments like the Kanto episodes, but I suppose it still gave us more continuity than XY.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ekkut39XEAEOrNA

This started surfacing on twitter where it seems the main poster got updated for the third time. Take with a grain of salt but at the same time it looks too legit to me. Partly cause of unfortunately Lucario and Cinderace since that’s basically who matters right now RIP lmao :> (I was being sarcastic regarding that just fyi)

PsychoLogical

Just note that the image I posted may still be fake hence why I said “take with a grain of salt”. I just find it way too legit for it to be fanart. I’d be quite impressed with the effort if this is indeed fanart.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

What's consideted
Just note that the image I posted may still be fake hence why I say “take with a grain of salt”. I just find it way too legit for it to be fanart. I’d be quite impressed with the effort if this is indeed fanart.

I get the Raboot one but honestly they should just make a new one, with new Pokemon as well.

PsychoLogical

What's consideted

I get the Raboot one but honestly they should just make a new one, with new Pokemon as well.
Guess they still can’t resist marketing the duo’s Cinderace and Lucario. Gotta milk it all out until everything runs dry.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Ekkut39XEAEOrNA

This started surfacing on twitter where it seems the main poster got updated for the third time. Take with a grain of salt but at the same time it looks too legit to me. Partly cause of unfortunately Lucario and Cinderace since that’s basically who matters right now RIP lmao :> (I was being sarcastic regarding that just fyi)
Eh... Nothing new.
Just more Lucario pandering :rolleyes:
Also, I'm gonna bet, once the DD arc ends, Cinderace will not receive so much focus anymore (of course it will still appear and just stand there).

PsychoLogical

Eh... Nothing new.
Just more Lucario pandering :rolleyes:
Also, I'm gonna bet, once the DD arc ends, Cinderace will not receive so much focus anymore (of course it will still appear and just stand there).
Gotta milk out the marketing before it runs dry :>

Serious side note tho: There’s really not much else for Cinderace to do when it debuts anyways so it’ll prob take a backseat when DD wraps up. Same goes for Lucario taking a backseat as well. (And yes I’m one of the few people that’s still confident that Lucario will also take a backseat no matter what anyone else says, just thinking/predicting that it’ll get the Lycanroc treatment)

PsychoLogical

If it wasn't obvious enough now we can safely say Lucario is the ace of PM2019
I wouldn’t really fully assume. If anything (if this poster is indeed real that is), all it really confirms is that Lucario is just a fixed member (unfortunately) while the rest are for going to be rotated in between 4 spots.

ShadowForce720

I wouldn’t really fully assume. If anything (if this poster is indeed real that is), all it really confirms is that Lucario is just a fixed member (unfortunately) while the rest are for going to be rotated in between 4 spots.

At least that’s better then BW which had 5 lock slots and 1 rotating slot.

PsychoLogical

At least that’s better then BW which had 5 lock slots and 1 rotating slot.
It still technically sucks that 1 spot is still going to be fixed and it’s Lucario getting the spot out of mainly its extremely strong marketability. Still better than the BW horsecrap however.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If it wasn't obvious enough now we can safely say Lucario is the ace of PM2019. And it's screentime won't be going down anytime soon

Hoping they just give it a mega and not some asspull aura forme just because, but they are pushing this thing to hard to have hope.

PsychoLogical

Hoping they just give it a mega and not some asspull aura forme just because, but they are pushing this thing to hard to have hope.
If they’re going to hardass push Lucario so much at least make it legit by having it use Mega Evolution even if we had enough of it. Way better than doing the EXTREMELY cheap and lazyass concept of Ash-Greninja.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ekkut39XEAEOrNA

I was about to ask about this new poster, because I saw part of a version of this poster which what appeared to be Cinderace replacing Raboot. However, there was another difference with the version I saw. In it, Ash and Goh no longer appeared in the part where they were being chased by Cofagrigus and Chandelure.

And by the way, the Lucario in the Sinnoh's zone should have been removed, considering we have one alogside Ash now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.