• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lacuna said:
We haven't had this one for very long at all, and besides, wouldn't they hype that up a bit beforehand? Please correct me if I'm wrong of course, I just remember before we got this current OP it was kind of a big deal for a while in advance. It'd be cool if we did get an entirely new one though.

They usually inform us of a new Opening [and Ending] a month or more in advance, which is why I found the possibility of a new Opening in the near future unlikely. Viewers seem to just want more spoilers in general, but it's probably not going to happen until we get new episode titles.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I really hope so.
And I think I'll just point this out again which you and I have discussed a few times in the past which it's that there's going to be a point that the writers have to basically shift focus to something else for a change since there's really nothing much they can do with a fully evolved team if it's like that when the series still hasn't reached the halfway point. When Lucario arrives, I expect Sirfetch'd will arrive shortly after even if the duck hasn't done much onscreen and then we're back to fully evolved team again. Which now becomes "Now what?". And besides, there is some hope to say the least since Dragonite looks set to have a major role during the DD at the moment where it'll be getting additional screentime as Ash's ride mon to help with "you know what". Gengar on the other hand... They really can't seem to find anything to do with it for whatever reason.

ShadowForce720

They usually inform us of a new Opening [and Ending] a month or more in advance, which is why I found the possibility of a new Opening in the near future unlikely. Viewers seem to just want more spoilers in general, but it's probably not going to happen until we get new episode titles.

While we might not get a new opening song yet, I do think it’s pretty likely that the opening will at the very least receive updated visuals considering a vast majority of it, is going to be out of date after the DD arc.

desdar300

And I think I'll just point this out again which you and I have discussed a few times in the past which it's that there's going to be a point that the writers have to basically shift focus to something else for a change since there's really nothing much they can do with a fully evolved team if it's like that when the series still hasn't reached the halfway point. When Lucario arrives, I expect Sirfetch'd will arrive shortly after even if the duck hasn't done much onscreen and then we're back to fully evolved team again. Which now becomes "Now what?". And besides, there is some hope to say the least since Dragonite looks set to have a major role during the DD at the moment where it'll be getting additional screentime as Ash's ride mon to help with "you know what". Gengar on the other hand... They really can't seem to find anything to do with it for whatever reason.
I really do think that's how it's going to go but I do wonder who the next unevovled will be.
Because if the next capture is another fully evolved Pokemon it may be a while before he gets a battle considering that the duck still hasn't fully evolved

Ultra Beast Lover

Been wondering how the Journeys series will end. Perhaps in Galar with that tournament thingy?
This is honestly the first time I have no idea how things will end after the big tournament. In every other series, even the original, it was accepted that Ash would part ways with his friends once the journey was over. Here though I'm not so certain. Ash loves traveling around, meeting new Pokemon, being a research fellow lets him go everywhere so there's no reason to stop unless he wants to go back to his roots and go on a journey. I can see Go deciding to go find Mew but Ash might be sticking around.

KKS-Lapras

It's kind of funny. The internet flipped when Ash caught Dragonite.

But when he caught a Riolu...not even my twitter timeline bothered to make it a big deal.

I think the reason why Riolu did not get the shocked excitement when Ash caught it was 2 things.

First, the Riolu hatch and capture was more built up by premotional stuff beforehand.

Second, there are a few Pokemon the Anime has teased Ash bonding or interacting with over the years. Riolu is front and center in that category. 2 other examples would be Eevee and Dunsparce.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I really do think that's how it's going to go but I do wonder who the next unevolved will be.
Because if the next capture is another fully evolved Pokemon it may be a while before he gets a battle considering that the duck still hasn't fully evolved
It might not be long before we find out tbh... and truth to be told, I'm not even caring what his next capture will be as long as it can be something that could be worth the wait. And at the same time, I might actually also question the decision of an unevolved mon capture if it's part of a 3 stage evo like Grookey at this point in the series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WalesNote said:
Been wondering how the Journeys series will end. Perhaps in Galar with that tournament thingy?

I assume that Satoshi versus Dande will be the final battle of this series, and that Satoshi will go on another traveling adventure in a new region afterwards regardless of whether or not he actually beats Dande.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Katiegross said:

There are a few Pokemon that I like on there that I hope appear soon, but this seems like a typical finger puppet set like we tend to get every few months. I'm pretty sure that we had one several months ago that featured similar Satoshi and Gou puppets, as well as Mawhip and Himenka figures even though neither Pokemon have made their debuts yet. At least half of the Pokemon on this merchandise image can be accounted for in the anime, but I think the other half aren't necessarily related to the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.