• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Ash has Pikachu as his walking mon and Koharu has Eevee. Goh needs one as well then and then Grookey is the obvious choice.
Does he really? If he needs a walking Pokemon that badly he could just let Cinderace out of its ball more

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah I honestly believe, if anyone, Chloe's Eevee has most likely took over the Cutesy Marketable Unevolved Starter Pokémon (it technically counts as a Starter right?)
Technically yes due to Let’s GO Eevee.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Goh really doesn’t need a walking mon as potential Drizzle can still act as a walking mon. Again he can easily let Cinderrace out of his ball more often just like Kiawe had Turtonator out.

It's not about what Goh wants, the writers clearly don't intend to have Cinderace be a constant presence like Raboot was. We will likely still see Cinderace and the eventual Intelion frequently, but the shoulder Pokemon treatment would give another Pokemon good exposure.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh having different shoulder pokémon is most likely the anime's take in "buddy" mechanic from Pokémon Go

Yeah I honestly believe, if anyone, Chloe's Eevee has most likely took over the Cutesy Marketable Unevolved Starter Pokémon (it technically counts as a Starter right?)

It counts since it was the starter on LGE which is a main series entry.

nickdt

While the player didn't start with Eevee in Pokemon Yellow, it was still a starter Pokemon, since someone started with it as its first Pokemon.

Now i can hear the argument: But that makes Wooloo a starter Pokemon as well. Which isn't the case, since Hop didn't start with Wooloo alone, and also had the starter.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
Goh really doesn’t need a walking mon as potential Drizzle can still act as a walking mon. Again he can easily let Cinderrace out of his ball more often just like Kiawe had Turtonator out.

Aceburn will probably be the closest thing to a "walking Pokemon" on his team, anyway. I'd rather he simply rotated his Pokemon a bit more and give that role to several Pokemon rather than just one, but that's probably not going to happen regularly.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Maybe I wasn't being clear before, but when I said that they weren't related to Kojirou, I meant in the original Japanese version: "Nanny" was simply called "old housekeeper" and "Pop-Pop" was just called "old man". It was quite obvious that they were never meant to be related to Kojirou in the original canon version, so I'm not sure why TPCi tried to imply otherwise. In any case, I was just clarifying that those two characters weren't Kojirou's relatives originally.

So it's basically 'Brock's mom is dead!' part 2 except with a couple of less important characters?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
4Kids making stuff with zero basis on the original material? As well as not understanding character dynamics and relations?

Sounds like just another day in the office.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
While the player didn't start with Eevee in Pokemon Yellow, it was still a starter Pokemon, since someone started with it as its first Pokemon.

Now i can hear the argument: But that makes Wooloo a starter Pokemon as well. Which isn't the case, since Hop didn't start with Wooloo alone, and also had the starter.

Key difference:

Green/Blue/Gary/whatever you call him was A RIVAL.

And back in the Yellow days there was no option to pick Eevee.

So, in a way LGE is the one where Eevee becomes an actual starter, as in belonging to the player character (if the person chooses the Eevee version that is)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Maybe I wasn't being clear before, but when I said that they weren't related to Kojirou, I meant in the original Japanese version: "Nanny" was simply called "old housekeeper" and "Pop-Pop" was just called "old man". It was quite obvious that they were never meant to be related to Kojirou in the original canon version, so I'm not sure why TPCi tried to imply otherwise. In any case, I was just clarifying that those two characters weren't Kojirou's relatives originally.

Probably because it makes more sense as to why James' parents would send their child there every summer if it was his grandparents and why they were allowed to spoil him after all the rules and lessons he had at home. If they were just housekeepers, it looks weird.

This is a case on the international improving on the narrative imo.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Probably because it makes more sense as to why James' parents would send their child there every summer if it was his grandparents and why they were allowed to spoil him after all the rules and lessons he had at home. If they were just housekeepers, it looks weird.

I think the original narrative was fine: I believe it was originally implied that the housekeepers treated him with more compassion and gave him more freedom at the summer mansion precisely because Kojirou wasn't related to them, so they had no particular expectations for him or any reason to be demanding of him the way that his parents would've been.

Mew29240

It's not exactly an uncommon trope for caretaker/butler-type characters to be more compassionate to the wealthy parent's child than they are.

MegaSalamence05

So they just leaked the events of what occurs in two days with a promotional photo from the upcoming episode that occurs this Friday.

I don't remember how to put spoiler tags lol so I'm not going to be placing the information on the forums. But seriously they leaked the leaked the events that occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.