• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Kinda strange how much of a mystery Grookey is... like damn, just pick someone to give it to writers lol

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh I forgot to mention and I guess it went under the radar: This episode also marked the first time Ash’s Rotom Phone registered a capture.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
I could this arc probably coming on Summer (japanese summer at least). Chloe kind of getting time off school and then everyone tags with Leon for a road trip. Maybe they can visit the Isle of Armor? Seems reasonable. He tells them about the place but since he is bad at directions, there'll be a lot of detours.

I'm not sure that I buy the idea of them foreshadowing events that will take place this coming summer since that seems like too far into the future for them to have already planned. Either way with the newly reinstated pandemic restrictions, I wonder if they'd even be able to pull it off on schedule.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What if Grookey gets a recurring stint like Sandile or Jigglypuff before? Like it interacts with the team but doesn’t get caught. Later on it jumps on the plane/train and follows the group around.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
They should have more period piece episodes like the Pikachu origin story. Perhaps if we set one in the 1950s or early 1960s, it could be animated in grayscale because color TV wasn't too prominent until the mid-1960s.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Rookidee would be nice for Ash. Corviknight is one of the best regional birds and I don’t care about pattern breaking: I like when Ash catches at least the regional bird and starter.

Speaking of starters, I’m still hoping Ash catches Grookey but if Go does catch it, I hope they don’t keep up the wait for too long. If the opening is anything to go by, Grookey will debut before a hypothetical Sobble evolution (unless that visual was created just for the opening) so both of them would have a unevolved Pokémon.

Regardless, I’ll be ok if Ash gets neither as long as he catches more Galar Pokémon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
given iris return i've gotta ask this.

we know she got a gible in that ova that aired after BW ended, which by now could be a Garchomp.

there is a part of me that would be slightly be annoyed by this since we know Ash has a Gible as well, but has yet to evolve the little bugger.

So i've got a question, while I don't mind up to 3 pokemon of the type being caught or used, if you had to pick between Ash getting gible and evolving it into Garchomp or capturing Dragapult, what would you rather see happen?

personally i'd prefer Gible come back and evolve so it'll no longer be a blatant promotional tool.

wellwellwells

I am kinda mad that Yamper seems to be shafted now, I thought it would be going everywhere with Koharu and Eevee. Hopefully there’s an arc for him evolving and joining her permanently.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Woo first the Alolan Kids came back first and now Iris and Gary?! I can totally see both of them participating in the WCS.

I hope Iris mentions that she's traveling around trying to meet up with Dragon-type gym leaders. She's already met up with Clair in Decolore and in Johto. Maybe she can mention joining the WCS to beat Raihan and Lance. Iris still needs to show Ash her Gible. Ash and her can have a Dragonite face-off. Perhaps they can finally confirm Ash's Dragonite as female. I want him to have more female Pokémon.

Gary, man, people say how he was more interesting as a jerk but I totally disagree. Gary's appearances in DP showed the progress he's made in his maturity. I hope that he has an issue with Dracovish as he seems to specialize in Fossil Pokémon, so he might be upset at the abomination, as he should.

Last edited:
Its nice to see Ash catch more Pokemon. But with that being said, I'm still somewhat sad that he hasn't visited his older Pokemon, even if he doesn't end up using them. I know we saw cameos of some of his Pokemon back during the SM saga, but those were only a select few...

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I hope that Iris' return will be as good as May's was in AG. Here are some things that I would like to see:
-Iris to be related to Leon like in Masters
-Iris to be the current Opelucid City Gym Leader
-Her Gible to have evolved at least into Gabite
-A full team and her sixth to be a dragon type
-Preferably a purple Rotom Phone

Leonhart

Imagineer
DragonKahuna said:
I hope that Iris' return will be as good as May's was in AG. Here are some things that I would like to see:
-Iris to be related to Leon like in Masters
-Iris to be the current Opelucid City Gym Leader
-Her Gible to have evolved at least into Gabite
-Preferably a purple Rotom Phone

I expect that her Fukamaru would've evolved by now. While I'd settle on it becoming a Gabite, I'd be ecstatic to see it as a Gablias despite whatever controversy that might cause.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
im surprised they drastically changed our version of blue/Gary to match his in game character ...maybe he mentions a certain character hes met during his adventures whos interested in the PWC and becoming champuon

He might be a full-fledged professor (you only need to complete a full-blown research in the Pokémon world to become one it seems) now...

Well, considering the bits with Leon, I guess the kids are taking a road trip with him? There were so much scenes that it doesn't seem like just a random hype opening thing.

I could this arc probably coming on Summer (japanese summer at least). Chloe kind of getting time off school and then everyone tags with Leon for a road trip. Maybe they can visit the Isle of Armor? Seems reasonable. He tells them about the place but since he is bad at directions, there'll be a lot of detours.

Dynamax Adventures arc it seems...

Let me correct that:
Iris: Wow, you got a Dragonite?

Ash: Yeah!

Iris: Aww, he's so sweet. How long did it take to tame him?

Ash: Tame?

Now that would be funny...

I hope Iris mentions that she's traveling around trying to meet up with Dragon-type gym leaders. She's already met up with Clair in Decolore and in Johto. Maybe she can mention joining the WCS to beat Raihan and Lance. Iris still needs to show Ash his Gible. Ash and her can have a Dragonite face-off. Perhaps they can finally confirm Ash's Dragonite as female. I want him to have more female Pokémon.

I hope she mentions Drasna...

Iris and Gary are turning, nice.

Who's next, Tracey?

It's very likely that Tracey and Max have the least chances of returning since they're anime-exclusive protagonists... While I can see May, Dawn and Serena appearing next, I'm hoping to see his reserves, Primeape, Goodra, Lapras or Greninja soon...

I doubt she'll have a full team in that episode...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Rookidee would be nice for Ash. Corviknight is one of the best regional birds and I don’t care about pattern breaking: I like when Ash catches at least the regional bird and starter.

Speaking of starters, I’m still hoping Ash catches Grookey but if Go does catch it, I hope they don’t keep up the wait for too long. If the opening is anything to go by, Grookey will debut before a hypothetical Sobble evolution (unless that visual was created just for the opening) so both of them would have a unevolved Pokémon.

Regardless, I’ll be ok if Ash gets neither as long as he catches more Galar Pokémon.

That pattern already broke in Alola, when he didn't catch Pikipek.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Oh I forgot to mention and I guess it went under the radar: This episode also marked the first time Ash’s Rotom Phone registered a capture.

Likely because it's the first time that Ash captured a specie he just encountered (he already saw the dex data of his 1st 4 captures)...

What if Grookey gets a recurring stint like Sandile or Jigglypuff before? Like it interacts with the team but doesn’t get caught. Later on it jumps on the plane/train and follows the group around.

I think Goh will immediately capture Grookey, well maybe after an episode or 2 upon its appearance...

Rookidee would be nice for Ash.

I almost thought that Ash will capture the Rookidee from the lake where Dracovish ran...

Its nice to see Ash catch more Pokemon. But with that being said, I'm still somewhat sad that he hasn't visited his older Pokemon, even if he doesn't end up using them. I know we saw cameos of some of his Pokemon back during the SM saga, but those were only a select few...

There's a chance that reserves would return... His Alola reserves were shown and that Bayleef was shown in a flashback with Chuck... We'll never know... Who expected Iris and Gary anyway? This series is the most connected series to the previous ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.