• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Later in Future Trips back to Alola Ash should catch a Toucannon to make up for that like he catch Gengar for make up for not catch Haunter in the first series.
Imma call that a pass sowwy :>

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Gary will be a mentor figure to a new trainer who would be a rival for Ash.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Wikstrom appearing is interesting. I have to admit I love how they seem to be randomly picking characters from the past to bring on. Including returning characters like Iris and Gary. I literally would’ve never thought. It makes it more fun to speculate who might appear down the line.

I’d love to see something with Roark and Byron. And Morty.

Also if Prof. Burnett can have a baby within a few weeks I hope that means more than enough time has passed for Iris to be Opelucid’s Gym leader.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I have to admit I love how they seem to be randomly picking characters from the past to bring on. Including returning characters like Iris and Gary. I literally would’ve never thought. It makes it more fun to speculate who might appear down the line.
Most definitely! It's one of the reasons why I'm enjoying this series. You just never know who is going to return. I agree, it's definitely fun to speculate who might return next. Anyone it seems could come back. And even as I say this, I honestly was still quite surprised to see both Iris and Gary in the preview. We have not seen either one in such a long time!

kickachu

Momentai!
Question since gary and iris are coming back how strong you thibk they've gotten over the years

J. D. Guy

I'm not sure that I buy the idea of them foreshadowing events that will take place this coming summer since that seems like too far into the future for them to have already planned. Either way with the newly reinstated pandemic restrictions, I wonder if they'd even be able to pull it off on schedule.

Not at all the case, since animation turn around takes a long time. Because it does, most shows (not named South Park) have to plan and implement things half-a-year to a year or more in advance, with different stuff being at different points along the pipeline of creation/development. So them foreshadowing events that they'd been planning and working on since mid-2020 or earlier that's slotted for a summer 2021 release makes total sense in this case.

GhostWallker98

Question since gary and iris are coming back how strong you thibk they've gotten over the years
Gary is difficult to guage, considering that he hasn't had a real battle (Not counting the Electivire vs Pikachu battle) with Ash since the Johto league conference. He's a researcher now, but he still could have been training his Pokemon at the same time. He probably has gotten a lot stronger. Iris on the other hand, I seem to remember battling a lot more than Gary. I could be wrong, but I think she has participated in more battles than Gary. Considering Axew isn't shown in the opening, she could have a Fraxure or Haxorus. If that is the case, then she should be a lot stronger than she was before, especially with the addition of Gible or Gabite if it has evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
J. D. Guy said:
Not at all the case, since animation turn around takes a long time. Because it does, most shows (not named South Park) have to plan and implement things half-a-year to a year or more in advance, with different stuff being at different points along the pipeline of creation/development. So them foreshadowing events that they'd been planning and working on since mid-2020 or earlier that's slotted for a summer 2021 release makes total sense in this case.

I think it's really pushing the suspension of disbelief to assume that they planned a summer-themed Dande mini-arc almost a full year before said episodes would hypothetically air. It usually takes about six months for them to develop an episode, but that's assuming that all goes well and they don't have production problems, which might unfortunately be the case in the next few weeks/months.

tsunamimijumaru

What Pokémon that Ash will catch next?

With the capture of Dracovish I hope Ash goes back to the little catching spree he had earlier in the series so hoping for Grookey, Rookidee and Tyranitar then he can have a break from captures to devlope the monkey and the bird before catching a few more Galar mons and then I reckon that would be it. So his final team would be:

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Rillaboom
Corviknight
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Urshifu (Single Strike)

Ibrahim Saidu

D
With the capture of Dracovish I hope Ash goes back to the little catching spree he had earlier in the series so hoping for Grookey, Rookidee and Tyranitar then he can have a break from captures to devlope the monkey and the bird before catching a few more Galar mons and then I reckon that would be it. So his final team would be:

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Rillaboom
Corviknight
Tyranitar
Dragapult
Urshifu (Single Strike)
Don't forget Grimmsnarl and Coalossal as well as some Pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I would like to see a Korrina vs Bea rematch, with Korrina coming out victorious though. That diss from Bea‘s introduction ep doesn‘t sit well with me.

Wonder why Opal wasn‘t in those quick slides as she is certainly appearing as well.

Aleisterblack123

Any chance that Ash will build 2 sets of "team" (aka at least 10 newcaptures w/ at least 5 non-Galar) this series?
  • Non-Galar Team
    • Dragonite
    • Gengar
    • Lucario
    • ? (Tyranitar)
    • ? (Zoroark)
  • Galar Team
    • Sirfetch'd
    • Dracovish
    • ? (Corviknight)
    • ? (Rillaboom)
    • ? (Urshifu)
If he doesn't catch Rillaboom then I would replace him with Toxtricity. Otherwise I hope they're going for something like this.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I feel like this has to happen at some point, especially if they want to use that Yamper to show off Boltund. Chloe already has the cutemon that will never evolve in Eevee.

Yeah, but Yamper sells. A lot. So not happening then.

Status
Not open for further replies.