• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Also what if Iris finds out that Goh has caught eternatus.

There's a chance that reserves would return... His Alola reserves were shown and that Bayleef was shown in a flashback with Chuck... We'll never know... Who expected Iris and Gary anyway? This series is the most connected series to the previous ones...
Yeah, I agree with there still being that chance for his other Pokemon to make their appearances too, but with Gou essentially having Pokemon that Ash has already caught in the past (such as Heracross, and his newly captured Boldore), I'm still having some doubts about the non-popular ones returning, other than the obvious Kanto ones like Tauros. I don't really count the Alola reserves, simply because they're the most recent team he had, so it was a given that they would appear sometime during this series IMO.

Otherwise, I am actually happy with Ash's captures so far. I like how unpredictable this series is in terms of captures compared to the other series where we knew that he would capture at least one of the regional starters, and birds.

Who else loved Dracovish? I liked a lot his interaction with Satoshi, also loved the swimming scene, looks good.
I really loved Dracovish, found it to be really cute and fun. Really happy to see that Ash caught it!

Also I love the OP where Ash and Gou are trying to get Grookey...Watch Chloe end up getting it instead. :p

GhostWallker98

I wonder who will appear again first, Bea or Wikstrom. It makes more sense for Ash to defeat the fighting gym leader first, then work his way up to fighting Wikstrom. Both were seen in the opening. It could go either way.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If Ash gets Rookidee, the writers will probably want him to fight in a double battle just to give Sirfetch'd an excuse to ride Corviknight as his flying steed.

Or, a cheap gag outside battles.
I wonder who will appear again first, Bea or Wikstrom. It makes more sense for Ash to defeat the fighting gym leader first, then work his way up to fighting Wikstrom. Both were seen in the opening. It could go either way.
Bea will likely remain undefeated just for the sake of making the final battle at the league worth it to Lucario, unless she gets defeated prior and someone else gives Lucario more to do at the league.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This is asking too much and I know it, but I can’t even put into words how much I’d love to see another Wallace cup with Dawn, Serena, May, and obviously Wallace returning for it.
May is never coming back because her Japanese VA is sick and can't voice act anymore.

DuskAstral

May is never coming back because her Japanese VA is sick and can't voice act anymore.
And what's the problem to change Seiyuu for some character? There is no rule that a character must always be played by the same voice actor.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And what's the problem to change Seiyuu for some character? There is no rule that a character must always be played by the same voice actor.
Japan tends to outright retire characters if their VA dies or retires rather than recast them. Recasts are rare and only done if either they cannot retire the character or if there is a massive scandal involving said VA.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since the anime seems to be shifting the training focus of Ash’s team to Farfetch’d, I think it’d be nice if it also leads to character development for Lucario where it starts to open up and & strengthen its relationship with the other pokémon.

I could easily see a scenario where Lucario refuses to train with Farfetch’d for whatever reason. However, after remember how much they sparred together as a Riolu (both through flashbacks and clips showing them training offscreen), Lucario comes around and becomes Farfetch’d’s main sparring partner to help it get stronger like Farfetch’d did for it

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Japan tends to outright retire characters if their VA dies or retires rather than recast them. Recasts are rare and only done if either they cannot retire the character or if there is a massive scandal involving said VA.

Generally, that's true, but look at Chuck. No problems with Nobuaki Kakuda (I believe?) yet he got recast. And it's not like Chuck was absolutely essential that they couldn't use anyone else.

That said, May is of course a lot more important and I can't see her being recast either, but it's not like it's impossible.

Master Pikachu 11

I think that both of his remaining non-Galar captures will be Kanto mons.
Like who? The only other Kanto mon that I can see Ash capturing is Arcanine otherwise, I would rather see him mons from other regions from Hoenn, Johto, Unova, Kalos maybe even Alola to fill Nagandel’s spot.
It's anime related because there's a female Eevee.

ErR6gS6VcAMOH8v
Goh is definitely catching Gulpin now as it also appeared toward the end of the new opening. Also the blur image is not hiding any Pokémon since it is similar to the last set with Lucario, it is hiding either the sizes or the release date for this merchandise or product description. All of the Pokémon are there.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Generally, that's true, but look at Chuck. No problems with Nobuaki Kakuda (I believe?) yet he got recast. And it's not like Chuck was absolutely essential that they couldn't use anyone else.

That said, May is of course a lot more important and I can't see her being recast either, but it's not like it's impossible.

I wasn’t aware of May’s voice actor unable to do this anymore. That said I understand they’ve done it for characters like Chuck but I could see them NOT doing that for May, outside of flashbacks with recycled dialogue.

While on this topic, are there any other voice actors that are dead/unable to provide their voices for other characters, rendering them unlikely to make a return?

Status
Not open for further replies.