• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Like who? The only other Kanto mon that I can see Ash capturing is Arcanine otherwise, I would rather see him mons from other regions from Hoenn, Johto, Unova, Kalos maybe even Alola to fill Nagandel’s spot.

Goh is definitely catching Gulpin now as it also appeared toward the end of the new opening. Also the blur image is not hiding any Pokémon since it is similar to the last set with Lucario, it is hiding either the sizes or the release date for this merchandise or product description. All of the Pokémon are there.
It wasn't in the opening, it appeared in a special trailer of upcoming episodes.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Like who? The only other Kanto mon that I can see Ash capturing is Arcanine otherwise, I would rather see him mons from other regions from Hoenn, Johto, Unova, Kalos maybe even Alola to fill Nagandel’s spot.

Goh is definitely catching Gulpin now as it also appeared toward the end of the new opening. Also the blur image is not hiding any Pokémon since it is similar to the last set with Lucario, it is hiding either the sizes or the release date for this merchandise or product description. All of the Pokémon are there.
I think that he might catch a Clefairy as a reference to the fact that Clefairy was almost his starter in the beginning.

Leonhart

Imagineer
IrieFuse said:
I wasn’t aware of May’s voice actor unable to do this anymore. That said I understand they’ve done it for characters like Chuck but I could see them NOT doing that for May, outside of flashbacks with recycled dialogue.

In the case of Haruka, whether she'd be able to return or not, she isn't exactly on my list of priorities when it comes to potential character returns. I thought that mid-XY would've been the perfect time for her to return, but she didn't and now I'm almost completely neutral about her character.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
In the case of Haruka, whether she'd be able to return or not, she isn't exactly on my list of priorities when it comes to potential character returns. I thought that mid-XY would've been the perfect time for her to return, but she didn't and now I'm almost completely neutral about her character.

Really? That’s interesting. Personally, as long as I liked a character during their era, the longer the remain off-screen the more I’d like to see them make a return. I always liked how Iris and Ash really bounced off each other since they both had a pretty childish attitude throughout BW, so to see her return now is really exciting as well. Not to mention Gary who will always be Ash’s OG rival. Even the Pikachu vs. Electivire battle was cathartic for me lol

Even though she made a return 3 generations ago, I’d love to see Dawn come back again.

And you know who else? Khoury. He always had friendly but competent rival energy and never made an appearance after the short HGSS promo arc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash6K said:
It is part dragon type and Iris is supposed to show up at some point so maybe we’ll get to see both Dragonite and Dracovish do something in the episode she appears in.

As in just a battle or actual interactions between Satoshi's Dragon-types and her Pokemon? Not that either scenario sounds that appealing to me, but I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Iris's Kairyu and Satoshi's Kairyu hang out.

kickachu

Momentai!
What pokemon you think Chloe will get as her second walking pokemon

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
This is asking too much and I know it, but I can’t even put into words how much I’d love to see another Wallace cup with Dawn, Serena, May, and obviously Wallace returning for it.

If the DP remakes happen it could happen, but as no one actually has the goal currently no clue who could win it. Maybe Jasmine to make it impartial Lol
The top on cherry would be for Hilda or Rosa to appear as well. But like not happening.

I would really love for Lucas to appear in the anime. He is my favorite PC but the anime is crazy in that regard.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
The Plusle and Minun here made me think of this mysterious Plusle/Minun-themed car that got spotted in the opening:

Maybe we could expect something involving them soon, if this is any indicator?
What if this is the TRio car during the possible road trip with Leon, they may follow the twerps around in this car

Leonhart

Imagineer
IrieFuse said:
And you know who else? Khoury. He always had friendly but competent rival energy and never made an appearance after the short HGSS promo arc.

I somewhat doubt that the writers would even remember Kazunari. He was a minor character that didn't get nearly as much attention as Kotone did back then, primarily because he was an anime-original character. I'm not sure what more development he could get since he wasn't important in the first place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
What pokemon you think Chloe will get as her second walking pokemon

Not sure why she needs another walking Pokemon when she can use Eievui for that purpose now, as well as Wanpachi during most episodes, anyway. I suppose she could get something cute like Mibrim especially given the recent merchandise, although I don't think it should be given mascot status like the others.

SlimKennedy

I think that he might catch a Clefairy as a reference to the fact that Clefairy was almost his starter in the beginning.
Or maybe Rhyhorn/Rhydon, to make up for the one he missed out on at the Safari Zone. Or maybe Pikachu's Kangaskhan fosters.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I like how alot of people are now hoping and speculating that Rookidee may be a future capture for Ash over the fact that it was shown in the OP and at a smaller extent, there was that one Rookidee that sat on Ash's head for a good amount of time and then went back on his head and seemed to enjoy it :>

i need stronger evidence then one Rookidee sitting on Ash's head for a few seconds in an episode or his Dragonite in the OP to convince me he's going to capture one later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.