• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbbidyBob

I wonder how much in advance do they plan the Pokemon movies? Like is the 2023 movie already thought of?

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
even though cinderace has more screentime and battles than lucario why do people want lucario to be shafted....if ash'steam isnt getting spotlight, its beacause the number of battles ash has done is way too less then why lucario in the whole world needs to be responsible for this???

Lacuna

Goodnight
Apparently, Shigeru/Gary's voice actor may not be reprising his role in this series.
Gary's VA apparently seemed to be unaware of Gary's return to Anipoke

If true, then this is huge.

If this precedent is set, than suddenly all VA related character restrictions may no longer exist. Perhaps we can see characters like May return, whose VA has a 0% chance of returning.

https://pokemon-matome.net/articles/235230.html

This is also bittersweet of course, as I liked Gary's OG voice and I don't think Voice Actors should be replaced without good reason.
Potentially Replacing May's VA is an understandable case but there's no reason why Yūko Kobayashi needed to be replaced as he seems to be fine.

That is assuming this is true after all
I couldn't reply to this last night but yeah, if true this is really strange. Especially because as far as I can tell, Yūko Kobayashi is still doing acting work now. I feel like this could easily just turn out to be some kind of misunderstanding, but I really liked her voice for him and it's gonna be pretty sad if they replaced her without even telling her. :(

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Gotta be honest, I wasn’t expecting Iris to return sooner than Serena or Dawn

It's easier to return a battler with a loose goal than it is to return someone who's focused on contests which aren't relevant at the moment. Sure they could come up with some convoluted reason to include them in the current story, but it's just easier to return someone like Iris first, or Brock and Misty who despite having other goals (in Brocks case anyway), are still battlers and this is a battle heavy saga. Heck, even bringing Cilan back before the other girls would be easier..

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
even though cinderace has more screentime and battles than lucario why do people want lucario to be shafted....if ash'steam isnt getting spotlight, its beacause the number of battles ash has done is way too less then why lucario in the whole world needs to be responsible for this???

Lucario getting that spotlight again anytime soon (with Bea and Korrina returning, possibly Riley as well, Mega Evolution) is inevitable...

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wonder when we will see more ofDracovish. I can’t wait to see it battle.
Likely after Sirfetch'd arrives and when another base form is getting caught soon :>

ShadowForce720

Acerola's Mimikyu was dead and a literal ghost.

And? That doesn’t disprove my point in anyway, as it being dead and a literal ghost doesn’t mean that all living Mimikyu will have the personality of Jessie’s Mimikyu.

Heck we have seen plenty of instances where the personality of the Pokémon on the main cast isn’t always representive of the majority of individuals from that line.

I don't even know why Farfetch'd needs Scrappy anyway the duck already has Brutal Swing to hit the floating sword effectively.

Just because Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d has 2 Dark type moves doesn’t mean it would be pointless for it to have the ability Scrappy. As the ability allows Fighting type and Normal type moves on Ghost type Pokémon , and Sirfetch’d’s signature move is a Fighting type move.

So the fact that Scrappy would allow Sirfetch’d to hit a Ghost type Pokémon with it’s signature move means it’s not pointless for it to have the ability.

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Gou needs a “Totodile Duel!” episode, OS killed it with that one. Having two trainers fight over a capture was incredible and Kasumi’s manner of handicapping Pikachu a second time was great. Oh I missed the days of Pikachu’s more eccentric personality, not wanting to fight Kasumi out of friendship or hurt Togepi who never being useful in any matches versus her.

Would give a good chance for Gou to show what he’s worth battle wise and he benefits by getting a capture. Still waiting for Kyodaimax Aceburn’s debut too and Rabbifoot did better than Pikachu in its first Daimax battle and against a trainer. Aceburn’s transformation isn’t over its body but features so that’s gonna be way more dynamic for sure.

I wonder how they would handle Gmax Cinderace in a fight given that it rides its fireball which it also kicks away for its signature move?
We know that Charizard looses the fire wings when using Gmax Wildfire but Gmax Cinderace (and Rillaboom and Intelion) could be swallowed by other Gmax and Dmax pokemon given how small they are minus their props/ tail.

Master Pikachu 11

Technically, there isn't, since Mythicals are sub class of legendaries.
In Japan, they are separate categories and then after a few seasons the West separated them into two categories.
I wonder when we will see more ofDracovish. I can’t wait to see it battle.
Probably after Sirfetch’d comes into play and I could see Dracovish battle against Iris if they were to have battle when she debuts in this series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Really odd if true. I mean, I could understand changing Chuck's but why Gary? He's had much more apperances and his VA is most likely willing to reprise.

I'm surprised considering that they went out of their way to rehire Masachika Ichimura to voice Mewtwo just a few months ago, but apparently couldn't be bothered to rehire Yuko Kobayashi to reprise her role as Shigeru.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, given Tomo Sakurai did voice Chloe's mom, I guess we shouldn't worry about Cynthia being recast if she ever appears.

I really hope those recast are limited to just non-companion characters who happens to be semi-major game characters.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, given Tomo Sakurai did voice Chloe's mom, I guess we shouldn't worry about Cynthia being recast if she ever appears.

I really hope those recast are limited to just non-companion characters who happens to be semi-major game characters.
I still find it strange that Gary may potentially be recast tho, like why to be exact.

esquilo09

If Ash or Go catch a Weavile I want it to have the most recommended move set

Weavile's move set:

Ice Punch/Ice Shard
Icicle Crash/Triple Axe
Knock Off/Throat Chop/Pursuit
Poison Jab/Low Kick

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Same here. I see no reason for this change. It sure feels arbitrary.

I dunno, a part of me is starting to think it's a test to see how far they can get away with recasting.

Ultra Beast Lover

It's surprising that they're recasting Gary. Generally I don't like it when networks recast characters who still have ready willing and able VAs, especially when they don't even ask the original VA if they want to return, but let's see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.