• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
Well, it's either that or never seeing them again at all. Sometimes you have to take what you get.
What i by meant overrated is that peeps tend to hyperbolize them. They unironically believe that if he/she doesn't return in the next 3 years then writers must have retconned them, even though it has been proven time and again, that that's not the case. A cameo does not suggest that "X" is more relevant than "Y", neither does it imply that "Y" has been forgotten.

D

Deleted member 384931

I rather see Dracofish vs Iris Haxorus (if it evolved that is). Do we know any move of Dracofish?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I rather see Dracofish vs Iris Haxorus (if it evolved that is). Do we know any move of Dracofish?
Only 1 but still unknown on what it is. Looks like Water Gun or Hydro Pump for now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

AsH KetcHHup

At the top of my head, i dont really recall any ranged attackers for Ash. Most of his pokemon are suited for combat up close but maybe having 1 ranged attack. It would be nice to have a pokemon that fights at range.

Locormus

Well no. Showing that it can swim doesn't actually mean it knows Surf.

Yeah, but Ash was riding it, as if it was using Surf - like how it used to be in the old days before we had water-equipped bicycle's.. :p

Ibrahim Saidu

I have 6 questions
1 Is it possible for Ash to catch Arcanine in this series
2 Between Coalossal and Centiskorch, which of these Galar Fire Types will Ash get
3 If Ash is to get one of the Eeveelutions, which one do you want Ash to have
4 Is it possible for Ash to get Empoleon? If yes what movesets would you want it to have
5 Which Ice Types would you want Ash to catch in this saga
6 Between Houndoom and Magcargo which one do you want Ash to have

kickachu

Momentai!
I have 6 questions
2 Between Coalossal and Centiskorch, which of these Galar Fire Types will Ash get
4 Is it possible for Ash to get Empoleon? If yes what movesets would you want it to have
let me answer that
1. yes
2. coalossal
3. espeon
4. not sure
5. daramantan(galarian form)
6. Houndoom

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I dont understand why after almost ignorging them after 10 years, they suddenly want those companions back. Not that I mind, but arent they relying TOO much on nostalgia at this point in this series?
Weren't you the one who was saying if we don't get old companions back then it's wasted potential back at the beginning of Pokémon Journeys. Like I don't get this complaint at all? First people complain that old companions don't return and there is no continuity and now that they do it's bad writing and just for nostalgia suddenly, when every return till now has had importance to the plot??? Like people literally want to criticize no matter what lol

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah I’m expecting her to at least have fraxure and gabite. Then at least one new dragon. Who knows. Maybe she will have a dreepy
Nah Dreepy is unlikely tbh. More likely along the Hoenn dragons since that's where she likely last headed.

Locormus

I have 6 questions

1. Yes, possible. Likely is a different thing.
2. That's subjective, I personally like Centiskorch more, but Coalossal is awesome and could provide Ash with some interesting strategies and moves.
3. Espeon. With Gary returning, that's the one that I'd like to see most. Might be shown more often then Leafeon, but it would give Ash an amazing Psychic-type with lots of moveset options.
4. Yes, it is possible, but like Arcanine, whether it is likely is a different thing. Hydro Cannon, Drillpeck, Metal Claw, Whirlpool.
5. I'd still like to see Ash with Alolan Sandslash.
6. HounDOUR. Houndoom is overrated.

We're getting 25th anniversary things related to the anime. How nice.

Yes. I'm begging to see Katy Perry-inspired CotD in a Meowth-centered episode. Prrfect.

I mean, did Lapras ever get surf confirmed?

Obviously, no. But then again - Lapras is an aquatic species and aside from having the head of a fish, Dracovish walks on land.

Honestly I would prefer Axew hasn't evolved but when she reappears and battles with it, it then evolves. Considering how integral of a step that is for Iris's journey, I wish to see it onscreen

That seems like a good pay-off, but what would trigger an evolution for it? I mean there have been plenty of instances where it could've evolved in Unova - or they could've written the episode when she went to Johto, but they didn't for marketing purposes. Making Axew evolve in a comeback cameo seems incredibly forced (even if the episode was written specifically for that purpose).

Hence, I'm kind of more leaning towards her potential Gabite evolving - spurring Ash on to start using his own reserves a bit more - like his own Gible and potentially stuff like Boldore (since Goh also captured one, they might trade and evolve theirs (and trade them back), Palpitoad and other things that give him coverage options like Bayleef since he's currently lacking a Grass-type.

axew isnt evolving they have to get in merch which is priority #1

That was 3 generations ago. Axew hardly sells these days compared to other merch they've got going on.

Nah Dreepy is unlikely tbh. More likely along the Hoenn dragons since that's where she likely last headed.

Why would Dreepy be unlikely? She was in Johto the last time we saw her. Yes, she saw Rayquaza, but that doesn't mean she went to Hoenn. As it stands. That being said, it might be likelier that she went to Sinnoh due to Dragon-trio.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Why would Dreepy be unlikely? She was in Johto the last time we saw her. Yes, she saw Rayquaza, but that doesn't mean she went to Hoenn. As it stands. That being said, it might be likelier that she went to Sinnoh due to Dragon-trio.

Iris was following Rayquazza, and if she didn't know about the Hoenn region at the time I think she found out about it after seeing the large dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.