• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

I do hope that he catches an ultra beast, though I wonder which ones the writers would actually consider him having given their natures? Probably something like Kartana or Stackataka.

He definitely needs more Alola and Sinnoh pokemon , as they are his most underrepresented regions.

Kanto pokemon still make up 1/2 of his total captures. Not to mention it looks like he may catch Diglett and Geodude in the upcoming episodes.
I hope so, I don't want this month's new year having only one or two episodes with captures for Go.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
lmfao you guys are all hilarious... bruxish takes the cake for ugly queen in my eyes. oh and seismitoad is fugly too.

Although Ash has gengar, it'd be fun to see Ash with Impidimp that causes trouble. There whole line is beautiful and I hope to gosh it's not just a potd.
I totally forgot about this ugly fish XD

Master Pikachu 11

I want Ash to use Dracovish in his next match with Bea, to see how her Grapploct can attempt to apply it's submission hold on it.

I suppose given the first episode of journey's one could add Kangaskhan but who knows, if he gets another gen 1 pokemon i'm hoping it's something that evolves into a future gen though.

If Dracovish hadn't been Ash's first fossil this would've been my choice, and I would've retconned the stupid "it can't exist out of cold weather" due to something having gone wrong with it's initial restoration in Kalos.

and the fact that at the moment it's his only unevolved pokemon.
He could still get it despite having a fossil Pokémon already. Besides his team should have a Pokémon from each Gen to represent the world tour aspect of this series, so Aurorus would be a good Kalos representative for this series.
Wonder when the next Alolan trip will be? I still want to see Go try and catch the Ultra Beasts
The only UBs that I could realistically see him capture is Kartana and the Poipole line, otherwise most of the UBs are dangerous and will not be captured like Guzzlord.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not saying he'll come back, but it doesn't really matter which character they use to take pictures of Pokemon. He'd promote the new game as much as any anime original character would..
I think that they'll bring in the new protagonist if they are going to promote the new game.

ShadowForce720

He could still get it despite having a fossil Pokémon already. Besides his team should have a Pokémon from each Gen to represent the world tour aspect of this series, so Aurorus would be a good Kalos representative for this series.

The only UBs that I could realistically see him capture is Kartana and the Poipole line, otherwise most of the UBs are dangerous and will not be captured like Guzzlord.

Well some of the others like Stakataka, could technically work the only UBS that are dangerous to the point where they would be still pose a danger even when they have a trainer are Guzzlord, Pheromosa, and Celesteela.

Although in Celesteela’s case it’s more that it can’t really take off without posing a threat to anything in it’s vicinity even though it itself is necessarily hostile.

Decidueye23

Well apparently the professor has an assistant who helps ypu out and stuff so she could be the one who debuts in the anime. And todd snap could come back too. Not every returning character is actually promoting soemthing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well apparently the professor has an assistant who helps ypu out and stuff so she could be the one who debuts in the anime. And todd snap could come back too. Not every returning character is actually promoting soemthing.
In most cases they are promoting something, which is Pokemon Masters. This is why only characters with a counterpart in the games have come back.

Decidueye23

In most cases they are promoting something, which is Pokemon Masters. This is why only characters with a counterpart in the games have come back.
Ummmm sorry i dont understand. The anime has got literally nothing to do with masters. And masters pretty much has almost all characters so it really doesnt make sense saying only characters in masters have come back

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ummmm sorry i dont understand. The anime has got literally nothing to do with masters. And masters pretty much has almost all characters so it really doesnt make sense saying only characters in masters have come back
So far, absolutely no anime-original characters have come back. It's possible that Masters has a part to play in this, especially that the anime is now promoting the franchise as a whole rather than just the newest generation.

Red and Blue

Well some of the others like Stakataka, could technically work the only UBS that are dangerous to the point where they would be still pose a danger even when they have a trainer are Guzzlord, Pheromosa, and Celesteela.

Although in Celesteela’s case it’s more that it can’t really take off without posing a threat to anything in it’s vicinity even though it itself is necessarily hostile.
Even in the case of Pheromosa not all of them have to be actively malicious like that one that stole the Z crystals. If one is caught by Go it could be way more mellow and kinder

Decidueye23

So far, absolutely no anime-original characters have come back. It's possible that Masters has a part to play in this, especially that the anime is now promoting the franchise as a whole rather than just the newest generation.
Well honestly i dont think thats the case. Thet could just as well bring back an anime original character. I dont think they would say oh this person is not in masters so lets not bring them back. As you said its promoting the franchise as a whole and the anime is a part of the franchise as well.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oshawott is adorable. Back when it was revealed I thought it was ugly. Then the anime made me like it. Oshawott even become my starter the first time I played the Gen V games.

My only dissapointment is that Samurott could have used a better design.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
I wonder if we gonna have an episode about the characters having to take pictures of some pokémon, to promote the New Pokémon Snap game

I actually doubt that the anime will promote it since the hype for that game seems to be rather lacking in general. Not to mention that they still haven't directly promoted the two Shield and Sword DLC packages. So I find it unlikely that they'll promote the new Snap game.

Status
Not open for further replies.