• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

You gotta be a special kind thick in the head if you actually think giving ash a feminine pokemon would suddenly make every boy go and burn everything related to the anime. Even kids aren’t that dumb. Power rangers didn’t see no toy sales because a pink ranger exist.

Having one feminine pokemon is not the same having ash switch to focus on fairy types and start doing showcases. At worst, and this is being very generous, boys just wouldn’t care about said feminine pokemon and just won’t buy merch of that particular pokemon. It doesn’t suddenly sour everything else.

Thinking it would cause some uproar is completely idiotic.

Yeah take Power Puff girls the original or Totally Spies those are guilty pleasure for boys as opposed to girls.

Young Justice meant for boys, was canceled initially because it had more female viewership, and they didn't like that for some reason.

Maybe generalizing isn't the brightest thing to do Riley, I'm a man and yet most of the feminine Pokemon are some of my favorites but guess what, I also really like badass and cool Pokemon as well.

One Pokemon being feminine is not going to kill the franchise, because if we don't generalize, Ash getting a feminine Pokemon might be well received by boys. Being narrow minded and assume every boy has this masculine mentality makes absolutely no sense.

kickachu

Momentai!
what Pokemon you think goh will catch friday

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Chloe having an Eevee makes Journeys the third straight saga wherein a lead female character has an Eevee. Seems like a popular choice.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think Goh is most likely getting Scizor only. They seem to be dialing down his capture.

Young Justice meant for boys, was canceled initially because it had more female viewership, and they didn't like that for some reason.

The issue was actually the merchandise for the show selling poorly. People were more interested on watching it and doing fanfiction/fanart than buying related products thus Cartoon pulling the plug.

And even if the remarks of "female viewership" came from a Kevin Smith podcast, I still have doubts about that. If the series did well with sales, they wouldn't give two cents about whether the amount of girls watching outnumber the boys.

Seems more like an excuse someone made on the spot to try to justify the bad sales but I'd say it goes way further than that: the series probably just didn't look appealing to kids with it being moody and sacrificing a lot of character dynamics and the like for the story.

But enough of me derailing the thread to talk about a show I didn't like.

Master Pikachu 11

I think Goh is most likely getting Scizor only. They seem to be dialing down his capture.

The issue was actually the merchandise for the show selling poorly. People were more interested on watching it and doing fanfiction/fanart than buying related products thus Cartoon pulling the plug.

And even if the remarks of "female viewership" came from a Kevin Smith podcast, I still have doubts about that. If the series did well with sales, they wouldn't give two cents about whether the amount of girls watching outnumber the boys.

Seems more like an excuse someone made on the spot to try to justify the bad sales but I'd say it goes way further than that: the series probably just didn't look appealing to kids with it being moody and sacrificing a lot of character dynamics and the like for the story.

I fully expect him to get Dedenne, the fact that they bothered to show it in the special Christmas trailer, tells me that it is important especially since it in the same castle like area that they are in with Wikstrom. Plus there is a silhouette of it at the beginning of each episode so, I think he is going to catch it for sure. I don’t know about Scyther evolving though, but it has a strong possibility.

dman_dustin

No no, unless I'm misremembering the source I was using was apparently a remark from an executive producer, I was annoyed by the comment maybe I missed the details and I also thought it was more about females buying toys than males or whatever could have been a false narrative.

either way my point was it was bringing in more female viewership than male viewership even if some details are sketchy or wrong it was the only opposite show I could think of.

The ultimate point being not to generalize and that people are going to like what they like. Even Ash's hypothetical feminine Pokemon regardless of boy or girl.

kickachu

Momentai!
Quick question since ponyta with Chloe was clickbait how can we trust images again

Samurott

I think the problem with this debate is that people are thinking that "feminine" and "girly" are the same when they're different. Since we're talking Pokemon, feminine would mean that a Pokemon looks like a female either because of its looks or its gender being confirmed female. Girly in Pokemon's context would generally mean overly pink and... well, just plain girly looking. I'll use examples of feminine Pokemon with ones that Ash has/had and possible captures for him in the future, which are Butterfree, Lapras, Bayleef, Unfezant, Snivy, Leavanny, and Pokemon he could get are Kangaskhan, Espeon, and Latias. I don't see an issue with Ash having or getting feminine Pokemon, but if we want to live in reality, they're more than likely not giving him anything girly like Sylveon, Alcremie, Hatterene, and G-Rapidash (except MAYBE Clefairy or Clefable as a reference to it being the original choice for the series mascot).

Status
Not open for further replies.