• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Except it wasn’t a actual full battle and they quickly shifted Goh to be focused on getting the Key from Klefki while Ash on took on Wikistrom.

The episode was focus on Ash and his Farfetch’d. Just because Goh participated doesn’t mean he was the main focus and just because he isn’t a collector doesn’t mean he can participate in some of the competitions.

I mean heck Dawn was focus on Contest and yet she was the one to battle Maylwne first to get her out of her depression. Also despite Ash being focus on gym battles while May and Dawn were focus on Contest he did participate in contests, as he participated in one towards the end of AG and did participate in more of them in DP because of his Aipom.

Heck he even participated in the Wallace Cup even though it was supposed to be focused on Dawn.

It’s pretty obvious that the main reason why he participated in this was because his Scyther wanted to participate similar to how Ash entered some contest because his Aipom wanted to.

It’s not taboo for Goh to participate in something just because battling is involved especially when this isn’t even related to the PWC.

There isn’t a need or a point to get up in arms over Goh participating in a competition or training just because it happens to have a degree of battling.

Ash and his Farfetch’d were the main focus focus of the episode as they did get development and Farfetch’d learn a new move, while didn’t really get that much attention and no just because Goh’s Scyther evolved in the last few seconds of the episode does not mean he was getting the same level of focus as Ash in the episode.

I can understand not liking Goh or hating him but to act like he should be bar from participating in anything that has any amount of battling is ridiculous, especially when other characters have gotten a pass for participating in things more related to another characters goal.
Ash and Goh are not the same.

Ash is the focal point of the anime. He was always ahead of Dawn. It was not put in the background.

Ash was the focus even when the focus episode was on Dawn and May. For example Ash caught Aipom in Contest episode. or He broke the traps of the rocket team.

The problem is that the anime is made for Ash. Not for Goh

I can't watch Ash made anime for Ash.

Goh gets ahead of the anime's main man.

Even in the Ash-based episode, Ash isn't exactly the focus.

I was waiting for Ash to battle between E4 member . I was greatly disappointed.

BobbbidyBob

What are you going on about? The likes of Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, Alain, that dude from Kanto, etc aren't Elite 4 members, just as Ash isn't one either.

The Elite 4 are a step above the regional champions.
Got it! Thanks guys for the clarification. I suppose then that the world champion is above the elite 4 members? Or perhaps same level?

charinija

Pokemon Master
Are they?

Assuming that the Alola league title and Ash will be in the top 10 in this series, he may now be heading to the E4 membership.

Flint was a member of E4. But he could not beat the champion.

Whether he will become a pokemon master even if he beats the champion is unclear.

The point where the anime has come is now Ash needs to take another step. New achievements may not make Ash a pokemon master.

BobbbidyBob

Assuming that the Alola league title and Ash will be in the top 10 in this series, he may now be heading to the E4 membership.

Flint was a member of E4. But he could not beat the champion.

Whether he will become a pokemon master even if he beats the champion is unclear.

The point where the anime has come is now Ash needs to take another step. New achievements may not make Ash a pokemon master.
What makes him a Pokémon master is his strong bond with Pikachu.

Pikachu if he could speak: to me you have always been a pokemon master Ash. Master of my heart.
Audience goes: awwwwwww
Lol

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't think Ash will catch Galarian Mime. Because even though Delia Ketchum owns it, there is Mime that she uses.

If Ash catches a pokemon from the older generation, Darmanitan will catch it. The Galarian form is Ice type, and Ash has no ice type pokemon other than Glalie.

Unlikely to catch it at Articuno.

If he catches Mime, I think Goh will.

ShadowForce720

Ash and Goh are not the same.

Ash is the focal point of the anime. He was always ahead of Dawn. It was not put in the background.

Ash was the focus even when the focus episode was on Dawn and May. For example Ash caught Aipom in Contest episode. or He broke the traps of the rocket team.

The problem is that the anime is made for Ash. Not for Goh

I can't watch Ash made anime for Ash.

Goh gets ahead of the anime's main man.

Even in the Ash-based episode, Ash isn't exactly the focus.

I was waiting for Ash to battle between E4 member . I was greatly disappointed.
Except Ash was the main focus of episode 56. Also like it or not from this Ash and Goh have been billed as co protagonist from the very start of the series.

So, no the current anime series is made for both Ash and Goh that is why they are both labeled as main protagonist in this series.

It’s hypocritical to say that oh it’s not okay for Goh to participate in a competition or training with Ash, but it’s okay for Ash to enter the Wallace Cup when Dawn was on a losing streak, or for Ash to get a capture or evolution during the Grand Festival.

Not to mention that Ash was the one doing gym badges, and yet Dawn challenge Maylene to a official match and battle her before Ash even though that had nothing to do with her goal.

Yes, it would have been nice to see an official battle between Ash and Wikstrom’s, but that wasn’t Goh’s fault as the summaries made it quite clear that it was training, so we weren’t going to get an official match between him Wikstrom even if Goh didn’t participate.

Goh did not get a ahead of Ash in this episode. Also, no in Ash based episodes Ash and his Pokémon have been the main focus.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Except Ash was the main focus of this episode. Also like it or not from this Ash and Goh have been billed as co protagonist from the very start of the series.

So, no the current anime series is made for both Ash and Goh that is why they are both labeled as main protagonist in this series.

It’s hypocritical to say that oh it’s not okay for Goh to participate in a competition or training with Ash, but it’s okay for Ash to enter the Wallace Cup when Dawn was on a losing streak, or for Ash to get a capture or evolution during the Grand Festival.

Not to mention that Ash was the one doing gym badges, and yet Dawn challenge Maylene to a official match and battle her before Ash even though that had nothing to do with her goal.

Yes, it would have been nice to see an official battle between Ash and Wikstrom’s, but that wasn’t Goh’s fault as the summaries made it quite clear that it was training, so we weren’t going to get an official match between him Wikstrom even if Goh didn’t participate.

Goh did not get a ahead of Ash in this episode. Also, no in Ash based episodes Ash and his Pokémon have been the main focus.
This anime has been on Ash Ketchum since 1997.

We watch 1 Ash match in 2 months.

If someone participating in the anime in 2020 is making this main character and we can't watch the match, Ash will criticize it.

The real hypocrisy is not to say that the anime belongs to Ash Ketchum.

Who is Goh?

ShadowForce720

This anime has been on Ash Ketchum since 1997.

We watch 1 Ash match in 2 months.

If someone participating in the anime in 2020 is making this main character and we can't watch the match, Ash will criticize it.

The real hypocrisy is not to say that the anime belongs to Ash Ketchum.

Who is Goh?
No, again they literally said when the current anime first started up that Ash and Goh were co/dual protagonist which is the first time they gave another character besides Ash this status.

So while the main central character in past series was Ash, the current series however both Ash and Goh are the central protagonist regardless of how anyone may feel about it.

charinija

Pokemon Master
What makes him a Pokémon master is his strong bond with Pikachu.

Pikachu if he could speak: to me you have always been a pokemon master Ash. Master of my heart.
Audience goes: awwwwwww
Lol
It should now be the definition of the pokemon master.

But they create uncertainty consciously.

Because I think they don't want to separate Ash from the anime.

charinija

Pokemon Master
No, again they literally said when the current anime first started up that Ash and Goh were co/dual protagonist which is the first time they gave another character besides Ash this status.

So while the main central character in past series was Ash, the current series however both Ash and Goh are the central protagonist regardless of how anyone may feel about it.
This is the situation we are criticizing anyway.

Goh had to be the supporting character. Not the main character.

They can make a separate anime to Goh. People who want to watch want Goh and his adventures.

We do not discuss this.

But this anime shouldn't be. This is Ash's and any other main characters.

ShadowForce720

This is the situation we are criticizing anyway.

Goh had to be the supporting character. Not the main character.

They can make a separate anime to Goh. People who want to watch want Goh and his adventures.

We do not discuss this.

But this anime shouldn't be Ash's and any other main characters.
Regardless of what you or I or really anyone else thinks at the end of the day the fact it that decision is not up to us, it is up to the people in charge of the anime and whoever else has the power to make those decisions.

It’s fine to not like it but repeating the exact same complaints over and over just differently worded or complaining about every single thing Goh does isn’t going to suddenly make things change.

And no, I’m not saying there aren’t legitimate criticism or that every thing is perfect.

Also there is always going to be something that some doesn’t like there not going to split off another character or Pokémon into a separate anime series just because someone does like the specific character, Pokémon, or thing.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I did think Go was gonna catch more Wurmple after his original 3 became Dustox :p

as for Mimey, i still don't think Ash is going to use him anymore. It was a one time thing when all he had was Pikachu.

Ash had him help with Riolu's training so I wouldn't rule it out.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Regardless of what you or I or really anyone else thinks at the end of the day the fact it that decision is not up to us, it is up to the people in charge of the anime and whoever else has the power to make those decisions.

It’s fine to not like it but repeating the exact same complaints over and over just differently worded or complaining about every single thing Goh does isn’t going to suddenly make things change.

And no, I’m not saying there aren’t legitimate criticism or that every thing is perfect.

Also there is always going to be something that some doesn’t like there not going to split off another character or Pokémon into a separate anime series just because someone does like the specific character, Pokémon, or thing.
Of course, we may not be able to change something at the end of the day.

But I'm sure the authors read the forums.

That's why we need to talk about things we don't like.

Perhaps the authors do not take everything into account. but they probably take some things into account.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The writers don't really care what the online fandom thinks since they aren't the target audience, which aren't even supposed to be online given their age group (7-10).
Its similar to how Teen Titans Go keeps getting lots of time slots because its very popular with the target audience even though most of the online fandom dislikes it.
Kids would watch anything especially if its popular like Teen Titans Go and Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

Of course, we may not be able to change something at the end of the day.

But I'm sure the authors read the forums.

That's why we need to talk about things we don't like.

Perhaps the authors do not take everything into account. but they probably take some things into account.
There is literally no reason to think that the people in charge even look at the forums. As there are numerous forums.

So no, no matter how you much you repeat yourself the people in charge of the anime and the writers are not going to ever really see it.

Try he difference between Pokémon and some other franchises is that some other ones wind up having specifically dedicated forums for their fans that they do actually check and interact with.

However in Pokémon’s case there is no such forum like that.

charinija

Pokemon Master
There is literally no reason to think that the people in charge even look at the forums. As there are numerous forums.

So no, no matter how you much you repeat yourself the people in charge of the anime and the writers are not going to ever really see it.

Try he difference between Pokémon and some other franchises is that some other ones wind up having specifically dedicated forums for their fans that they do actually check and interact with.

However in Pokémon’s case there is no such forum like that.
Buddy , I think they were looking at Serebi and Bulbagarden, maybe even Reddit. We don't have the data to prove this anyway.

But it's okay for them to look for ideas. Open minded people find criticism positive.

New ideas and insights are important in almost any business.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you think the writers for the anime read the forums for any sort of feedback etc. The chances of that are the same as me being able to permanently commit to a relationship or being able to not pay taxes: Zero.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you think the writers for the anime read the forums for any sort of feedback etc. The chances of that are the same as me being able to permanently commit to a relationship or being able to not pay taxes: Zero.

Even more so with a foreign forum with people who aren’t their target audience.

charinija

Pokemon Master
You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you are talking strictly about things you cannot prove.

We shouldn't say very certain things about writers.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
You got to be extraordinarily dumb/stupid if you are talking strictly about things you cannot prove.

We shouldn't say very certain things about writers.
What’s there to prove when it’s extremely obvious. Pokemon is a Japanese franchise and the anime is made by Japanese writers who don’t care what others think unless it was extraordinarily bad like Ash’s Kalos League loss where the backlash in their home soil was extremely bad which was the factor here and not Western reactions. Does it look like they give a damn about what the Western fandom especially the English speaking world would say or think?? No. This is not an alternative universe. This is reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.