• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charinija

Pokemon Master
What’s there to prove when it’s extremely obvious. Pokemon is a Japanese franchise and the anime is made by Japanese writers who don’t care what others think unless it was extraordinarily bad like Ash’s Kalos League loss where the backlash in their home soil was extremely bad which was the factor here and not Western reactions. Does it look like they give a damn about what the Western fandom especially the English speaking world would say or think?? No. This is not an alternative universe.

Anyone who lives in the west will not know. English is the World Language and no one remains. I cannot say that none of the authors know or do not know, I do not comment on topics I do not know. Ash Kalos has lost his league. Maybe he won Alola upon the reactions. Maybe Alola and Kalos have something to do with it. Maybe not. I don't know how it is in Japan. Even if I live in Japan, I might not know.

DuskAstral

Goh had to be the supporting character. Not the main character.
Whether you like it or not, Gou is a co-protagonist and you can't help it. I don't like a few things either, but I accept them calmly.
If Gou is such a big problem for you, then you can give up watching this series instead of torturing yourself unnecessarily.

Last edited:

charinija

Pokemon Master
Whether you like it or not, Gou is a co-protagonist and you can't help it. I don't like a few things either, but I accept them calmly.
If Gou is such a big deal for you, then you can give up watching this series instead of torturing yourself unnecessarily.
It is also a solution. Maybe it's the last season of Ash.

We leave with Ash.

I'll watch if Ash continues.

BobbbidyBob

I think it would be more enjoyable to watch Ash and Goh together if we got to see more episodes focused on their friendship-development specifically. Otherwise it’s just an empty friendship that it’s hard to care about.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Okay lads if you could choose a reserve from each team to return who would it be
I think that belongs in the Pokemon thread but meh, go Gible for Sinnoh.

PsychoLogical

I am gonna speculate who might catch Grookey be?
Ash? He might as He catch his first Galar Starter.
At this point, I’m just going to say that it goes to Go. However.... At the same time I can’t exactly rule it out for Ash either as there is a scenario that someone mentioned a while ago here where Ash could get Grookey and then the week after he gains something anyways which would be Sirfetch’d’s debut which ofc is assuming that’s going to be the case for JN/PM060. Compared it to almost like him getting Hawlucha and then 1 week later he gains something new in addition which was Fletchinder but for this it’d be Grookey and then Sirfetch’d.

ShadowForce720

At this point, I’m just going to say that it goes to Go. However.... At the same time I can’t exactly rule it out for Ash either as there is a scenario that someone mentioned a while ago here where Ash could get Grookey and then the week after he gains something anyways which would be Sirfetch’d’s debut which ofc is assuming that’s going to be the case for JN/PM060. Compared it to almost like him getting Hawlucha and then 1 week later he gains something new in addition which was Fletchinder but for this it’d be Grookey and then Sirfetch’d.
And before Ash winds up catching Rookidee in episode 59 while Goh gets Grookey.

Like could you imagine the reaction if the day episode 59 airs if people see the a character bio update for Ash and Goh and they wind up clicking on Ash’s character bio update thinking that it definitely means that he got Grookey only to find out that Ash got Rookidee in episode 59 instead of Grookey? XD

PsychoLogical

And before Ash winds up catching Rookidee in episode 59 while Goh gets Grookey.

Like could you imagine the reaction if the day episode 59 airs if people see the a character bio update for Ash and Goh and they wind up clicking on Ash’s character bio update thinking that it definitely means that he got Grookey only to find out that Ash got Rookidee in episode 59 instead of Grookey? XD
That's only if they're in Galar that is.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I think it will be a rivalry between Mr. Mime, as was the case with the Lycanrocs in Alola.
In Pokemon Sword / Shield, Leon even had Mr. Rime. Perhaps before this last evolutionary form will meet Mimey.
Yeah I kinda feel that writer gonna go to that directions to develop mimey rivalry with mr rime, since writer love to use the story about evolutionary line rivalry , not gonna hope ups though
If iris shown haxorus and it being a plot for dracovish development and also if Leon have Mr. time
Imo I think ash journey team kinda set to be match up for Leon (if they use his ingame team)
Sirfetch vs aiegslah ( if he have one )
Mr. Mime vs Mr. Rime ( if he have one )
Dracovish vs haxorus ( if he have one)
Dragonite vs dragapult
Pikachu vs Charizard

esquilo09

In the preview Go said he wants to catch some Ice types, the only non legendary Kanto ice types I can think of are: Cloyster, Jynx and Lapras. I bet it'll be the former.

If Go catches Cloyster it'll be his third Ice type, as well his first Pokémon who shares a type combination, both Cloyster, Dewgong and Lapras are Water/Ice types

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think people are really setting themselves up for disappointment with this whole Rookidee thing. I honestly doubt they'd give him a base stage regional bird, this late on in the journey.

The Grookey idea I can understand since it can easily become a powerhouse in its base form (ala Bulbasaur/Rowlet), or get huge focus like Chimchar did after being a late arrival on the team.. but let's face it, neither of those things are going to happen with a regional bird. In fact, I'd put large amounts of money on the fact that we're not going to get a ton of episodes revolving around a Rookidee training.

If he must get the godawful metal bird, just give it to him in the final stage and have it be a ready-made powerhouse like they've done with Draginite and Gengar.. that makes the most sense.

esquilo09

Would be hilarious if he got Jynx tho.
Haven't seen it since Hoenn
Yes, it would and if Go caught Jynx, she would not only be his third Ice type and fourth Psychic type, but his second female only Pokémon.

Although knowing Jynx's reputation before her redesign, she will probably either making a cameo and being ignored by Go or she won't appear at all and even if he catches her, she'll probably make cameo appearances in the park. I hope I'm wrong though and that Go uses her once in a while.

kickachu

Momentai!
In the preview Go said he wants to catch some Ice types, the only non legendary Kanto ice types I can think of are: Cloyster, Jynx and Lapras. I bet it'll be the former.

If Go catches Cloyster it'll be his third Ice type, as well his first Pokémon who shares a type combination, both Cloyster, Dewgong and Lapras are Water/Ice types
remember what ash said in the shiny onyx episode but didn't do

Status
Not open for further replies.