• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

He was always ahead of Dawn. It was not put in the background.
Ash was put in the background of alot of Dawn's episodes though I remember that during most of her contests Ash did things on his own like training but we only got small glimpses of that.

Dawn's contest episodes focused on her and her rivals almost exclusively and I feel that the same is happening in this series except with Goh.

DuskAstral

And ash will never win a league, amirite?
Winning the league is one thing, the return of a released Pokémon is another. As far as I know, the released Pokémon no longer return, so there is no chance for Pidgeot to return.
Only reserves and Pokémon in training can return.

DuskAstral

And ash had never won a league before SM. Literally anything is possible.
Someone forgot about the Orange League.
And no, not everything is possible. In my opinion, the return of the released Pokémon is not real. Not only is there no need to return them, and there have been many occasions for Pidgeot, for example, to come back, but it never happened.

nickdt

Answering this from the other thread:
Kanto: Primeape. Muk if Primape isn’t considered a reserve
Johto: Totodile just to finish the trio
Hoenn: Sceptile or Torkoal would be good.
Sinnoh: Infernape or Gible. Ideally they’d all come back though because this is my favorite team
Unova: Krookodile or Palpitoad.
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Take a guess lol

I’d be content with any reserve returning and I hope Oak appearing in the opening means we’ll see them at his lab soon.

I want to see Glalie (Is my favorite mon), but the main reason is that it got done dirty during the Battle Frontier and the Sinnoh League (Stupid Dawn had to mention Ash cannot defeat creep relying on pure power alone, making Ash bench the initial three he wanted to use, but it makes me happy to see Ash considers Glalie to be one of his powerhouses).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Let's see... How well-received would Gary Episode and Iris Episode separately?
I mean look at how well-received Ash and Goh meeting Alola Gang again is.
Ikr! I'm surprised how majorly loved it was, even some people who hated SM seemed to enjoy it as a nice callback. I think the reason it was so well received is because they kept the theme of SM! All the alolan callbacks, references, music etc. Really made it feel like a proper crossover, esp the fact that it seemed like Ash kept in proper contact with all his friends. Thats what I hope for Iris and Gary too, that their episodes are tied to those characters journeys and development uptil the point, not just an episode where they appear and battle and do nothing else, but an episode which actually calls back to their journeys and shows how they are moving forward
Kanto : pidgeot
Johto : noctowl
Hoenn : swellow
Sinnoh : staraptor
Unova : unfezant
Kalos : talonflame
Alola : no one
Why you gotta disrespect my boi rowlet like that :p

Really though, all I'd like is for totodile, snivy and gible to return because they need more development and evolutions, they weren't developed enough to never be seen again

DuskAstral

F I L L E R

Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. Example? Ash winning a league ( Or are you gonna me that it was always a probability?)
1)Yes, the Orange Islands don't appear in the game, but I don't think that makes them a filler series (the game canon and the anime canon are separate things).

2)2) It seems to me that he won the Alola league only because a wave of hate was reportedly spilled in Japan, that it did not happen in Kalos.
Who knows? It is possible that had it not been for this incident, the Alola League would have lost too.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
1)Yes, the Orange Islands don't appear in the game, but I don't think that makes them a filler series (the game canon and the anime canon are separate things).

2)2) It seems to me that he won the Alola league only because a wave of hate was reportedly spilled in Japan, that it did not happen in Kalos.
Who knows? It is possible that had it not been for this incident, the Alola League would have lost too.
You have to keep in mind that the way the games set up alola league, it was a perfect opportunity to let Ash win in SM, they had to let him win eventually considering hes reached the finals at this point, plus Rica has said she knew Ash would win as told by the director at the start of the series, so yea I dont think the decision to let him win was based on the kalos league primairly

BlazingAsh

You have to keep in mind that the way the games set up alola league, it was a perfect opportunity to let Ash win in SM, they had to let him win eventually considering hes reached the finals at this point, plus Rica has said she knew Ash would win as told by the director at the start of the series, so yea I dont think the decision to let him win was based on the kalos league primairly
She was told about it at the beginning of the league. Not at the beginning of SM.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Just realized the anime's 25th anniversary happens in the exact same day a new episode is airing (should we keep the current timeslot that is).

As in April 1st 2022 will be the 25th annivesary of the premiere with the first episode and it's the same day we are supposed to get a new one. I'm really curious if there'll be something special for it there. Maybe finally had Ash's dad show up (the current regime seems to love those "look at me" marketing tatics) or maybe that might be like the SM episode where Ash and Pikachu were all by themselves in the island.

DuskAstral

Maybe finally had Ash's dad show up
I don't think it will appear as it is not important to the series. Besides, Satoshi stated that "He doesn't have a father like that."
Anyway, what do you care about who he is?
Somehow no one asks about who Misty's parents, Tracey's parents, Dawn's father, etc. could be (for the rest of the companions, except for Gou, May, Max and those from Alola, this also applies to).

Status
Not open for further replies.