• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'll never understand this fascination with Ash trading away Tauros, Ash loves his Pokemon. He instantly regretted trading Butterfree and only traded Aipom as Buizel/Aipom both benefitted from the trade as they preferred the other trainer's life goal. His Tauros sure as heck love him, they stampede him all the time out of excitement

The only way I can see Ash actually going through with a trade(Unless he's swapping Boldore's briefly) is if it is something new like obtaining the other Hitmon Pokemon from the dojo, though even that seems unlikely now since Scyther was the likely candidate to go to Ash.

Besides it's obvious he ain't getting every Pokemon, just give him a Miltank or Bouffalant instead of Tauros. We don't see much of either

She better have a Unova Pokemon, preferably one of Deino's line since it hardly got focus at all(Deino had that focus episode with her, Ryuki had Zweilous, Cameron had Hydreigon and that's it) while Druddigon actually appeared quite frequently... or at least that's what it felt like, I know we've seen it more than Fraxure/Haxorus and the entire Deino line though lol

They screwed up chances on both, she didn't get Deino or the shiny Druddigon but hey let's give her a fully evolved Kanto Dragon and not even bother evolving Axew or having her catch/evolve a Dragon Pokemon cause **** character growth and development! :rolleyes:
I don't hate Iris anymore, I actually kinda like her now but I'll always hate that. It's just stupid, could have just given her a Zweilous and work to Hydreigon since Ghetsis sure as hell wasn't going to use one! Not to mention the whole 'You can't take Seviper and the others cause they don't exist', and that aspect got dropped once BW 2 came yet the TRio weren't allowed them returned for some reason despite going back to basics, nah let's bring in a random jellyfish and mushroom instead!

And on the topic of newer/recent dragons, I hope she has Dragalge cause that Pokemon only appeared once. And I'm still hoping her and Ash both get Applin's, don't care what either get so long as it happens
How do we know you saying you like Iris isn't an April Fools joke?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder if Iris will have more dragons beside Haxorus and Gible, maybe she catched a Druddigon.
I hope not.

Axew barely got development and Gible was caught in a special episode.

They should be the focus of her return as we are likely getting a Dragonite face-off.

Excadrill and Emolga who?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'd only accept Go getting Tauros if he traded for it.

Sure I would rather Ash outright captured hypothetical Pokemon but maybe its a Pokemon that bonds with Ash more but Go caught it to fill a dex entry but sees it with Ash and then maybe a Tauros takes a liking to Go.
Waiting for all the people saying go will trade grookey for the Tauros XD

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'd only accept Go getting Tauros if he traded for it.

that's the kicker, I don't expect Ash to simply give him one, but I can see Goh trying to talk ash into trading him one for something he owns, and no i don't think it would be any of his starters.

I know Ash's Tauros love him, but let's be honest did he really need to capture a whole heard of them? plus thanks to riolu's birth episode this saga we have a way to potentially ID whichever one Ash has been using in battle (assuming it's been the same one) there's no way Goh would trade for that one but it's really hard to not see him at least ask Ash to trade him one of the rest of them if he finds out Ash ahs got a whole heard that he doesn't exactly need.

after what happened in Bea's debut episode with the fighting dojo pokemon it is not going to surprise me at all IF goh does that, i'm not going to say there's a gaurantee that he will, but i'm paranoid that he might.

Cause you don't know what they will do this saga, no one does.

kickachu

Momentai!
LOL, but I was definitely referring to a Pokemon Go doesn't really bond with but definitely interactsvand bonds with Ash.
Might have a point what since we don't know grookey's full personality yet it might be inspired by watching ash battle and besides one of these days ash will catch a polemon goh would want more than mew for now. Something we never except

ShadowForce720

that's the kicker, I don't expect Ash to simply give him one, but I can see Goh trying to talk ash into trading him one for something he owns, and no i don't think it would be any of his starters.

I know Ash's Tauros love him, but let's be honest did he really need to capture a whole heard of them? plus thanks to riolu's birth episode this saga we have a way to potentially ID whichever one Ash has been using in battle (assuming it's been the same one) there's no way Goh would trade for that one but it's really hard to not see him at least ask Ash to trade him one of the rest of them if he finds out Ash ahs got a whole heard that he doesn't exactly need.

after what happened in Bea's debut episode with the fighting dojo pokemon it is not going to surprise me at all IF goh does that, i'm not going to say there's a gaurantee that he will, but i'm paranoid that he might.

If Goh does Ash ask if he would be willing to trade one of his Tauros, it will either be a case where Ash turns him down or if he does make the trade he will get a Pokémon that he is more likely to use.

However there is no reason to think that if Ash tells Goh that he doesn’t want to trade any of his Tauros that Goh would then pester him and try to make him change his mind.

Also in regards to the what Goh suggested in the Bea’s episode he mainly suggested that because it would benefit both of them, in that Ash would be able to battle the Karate King and would also get a Pokémon from the trade.

However regardless of what happened in the Bea’s debut episode at the end of the day there really isn’t any reason to think that Ash would trade one of his Tauros to Goh as he tends to want to do what’s best for his Pokémon, so the fear that he might is really unjustified.

Might have a point what since we don't know grookey's full personality yet it might be inspired by watching ash battle and besides one of these days ash will catch a polemon goh would want more than mew for now. Something we never except

Which at this point is pointless to speculate, because what your saying could literally apply to any Pokémon Ash, Goh, and Chloe.

At this point there really isn’t any reason to think that Goh is suddenly going to trade Grookey to Ash.

Red and Blue

It doesn't matter if Ash "needs" his Tauros or not. Each of them are still his Pokemon and he has a right to tell Go he doesn't want to trade any of them. And as Shadowforce mentioned if Ash said no and explained his reasoning Go would definitely understand and stop pressing the issue

Master Pikachu 11

Yes, but it all depends on who.

I personally can only see Quilava, Snivy and Gible.

However, if Axew evolved off-screen, there is still hope for Dawns Piplup.
Dawn’s Piplup is never going to evolve in fact it even used an everstone in order to prevent itself from evolving.

This is coming from a kid (Goh) that has three Dustox and two Magikarp and would not part with his Pinsir in order to acquire a Heracross so he went to catch another wild one instead in order to get a Heracross. So if Ash tells him that he doesn’t want to part with his Pokémon, I am really certain that Goh will understand especially when he wouldn’t part with one of his Pokémon himself. I wouldn’t keep worrying about Ash trading away his Pokémon because it is not going to happen.

i was already used to the fact that the anipoke fandom lacks tact, but i must say that i was somewhat uncomfortable reading opinions about "uncanny valley" or "ash's creepy smile lol". this is fanart, you know, unofficial art from a non-professional artist, not an animation director of an OLM studio, whose job is to keep the proportions in check. next time keep in mind that the art you are discussing on the internet was drawn by "someone" and there is always a chance that this "someone" reads the same forum as you. but thank you for your perhaps too honest review of my work

Morax

King of heroes
i was already used to the fact that the anipoke fandom lacks tact, but i must say that i was somewhat uncomfortable reading opinions about "uncanny valley" or "ash's creepy smile lol". this is fanart, you know, unofficial art from a non-professional artist, not an animation director of an OLM studio, whose job is to keep the proportions in check. next time keep in mind that the art you are discussing on the internet was drawn by "someone" and there is always a chance that this "someone" reads the same forum as you. but thank you for your perhaps too honest review of my work
I don't believe you

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Actually, I like your art.

My only feedback is that Ash's scleras were a bit too round and big so the eyes looked off. Also, I think if the idea was emulate earlier seasons then Goh didn't really need those styled eyeslashes (you know, the ones that made people assume he was a girl back when he was revealed). I dunno, I feel like if Goh was on XY, he'd follow the formatting used for Ash's and Clemont's eyes. Or maybe even a more "normal" version of Sawyer's.

Other than that, I like the art. Ash's irises were a nice blend of the original look with the more detailed work from the BW-ownards era. I like you keep the consistence with what the XY design had done and made his cheek birthmarks seem smaller. The XY art kind of phased them out by significantly shrinking them. Also, I'm quite sure I remember a random frame where Ash was missing them. Then, SM randomly decided to make them proeminent again by enlarging them to the point of looking like some weird scars. Either way,playing with the idea here was a nice attention to detail. The coloring of Goh's hair and irises was good as well.

Red and Blue

If the rumor about the Legends starters getting Sinnoh forms is true I could see Ash with either Sinnoian Decidueye or Samurott and Dawn with Sinnoh Typhlosian

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think that anyone who critiqued the artwork was trying to offend the artist, at least I wasn't. I simply pointed out something about Satoshi's facial structure that bothered me. That said, Gou and Pikachu looked fine.

AsH KetcHHup

The rumour is about regional evolutions right? Doesn't this mean the evolutions could be entirely different pokemon having different names.

nickdt

If the rumor about the Legends starters getting Sinnoh forms is true I could see Ash with either Sinnoian Decidueye or Samurott and Dawn with Sinnoh Typhlosian

Why would they choose Rowlet and Oshawott for a starter if they get regional evolutions anyways. Makes no sense, considering Decidueye is an Archer and Oshawott is a Samurai. If the starters get regional evolutions, they literally could have chosen every single one of them.

ShadowForce720

Why would they choose Rowlet and Oshawott for a starter if they get regional evolutions anyways. Makes no sense, considering Decidueye is an Archer and Oshawott is a Samurai. If the starters get regional evolutions, they literally could have chosen every single one of them.
That doesn’t really prevent them from getting regional evolutions. Also even if the legends starters get regional evolutions that doesn’t mean they suddenly have to give regional evolutions to every single starter.

Heck they could have easily chosen Rowlet, Oshawott, and Cyndaquil as they may have been the easiest ones to be able to give regional evolutions to that would fit the theme without having to change the base and middle stages of those starters.

I mean when you really look at it would make sense to give the legends staters something that connects them as a trio and further incentives for people to get the game whether that’s by giving them regional evolutions or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.